Page 24 of 34 FirstFirst ... 14202122232425262728 ... LastLast
    BANNED

The very first CAPTAIN MARVEL woman respected!!!

Riffing on the Neal Adams cover of Green Lantern/Green Arrow #87, aka the first issue with John Stewart.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by C_haos View Post
    Best bet on seeing Monica on the big screen is a Next Wave movie
    Oh, I'd love that. I was even thinking that they could use someone like Boom-Boom, and when they got to her flashback, they could censor out Cable cheekily (along with bleeping any time someone calls her a mutant). But then Disney bought Marvel, so they can just call her a mutant and revel in it.

Monica and Machine Man and Elsa Bloodstone? Oh yes.

The effects budget would be ludicrous. Helicarrier-like flying cities (and castles), Mindless Ones, entire teams of villains (like the New Paramounts), Fin Fang Frikkin' Foom. Oy. Probably could only happen as a cartoon...

https://shadowandact.com/dewanda-wis...ampaign=buffer

Fingers crossed she's playing Monica. Someone on my feed said her A-force costume is the best one we've seen and it's not even technically canon so I hope we see her wear that too

Quote Originally Posted by Silvermoth View Post

Fingers crossed she's playing Monica. Someone on my feed said her A-force costume is the best one we've seen and it's not even technically canon so I hope we see her wear that too
    She would be great.

Astonishing Member

That's exciting. There's a good chance she could be Spectrum

Wow that actress would be a good choice to play her, Monica deserves way more than playing black friend/sidekick to Danvers.. I'll only be cool with this is it's used to springboard Monica as the lead of her own project or on Avengers or both..

what was the A-Force outfit? Post pictures.

Secret Wars does not mean non-canon. Anyway, her costume there seems to just be her original one.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Secret Wars does not mean non-canon. Anyway, her costume there seems to just be her original one
    The Secret Wars A-Force outfit is different within the book as on the cover.
    Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    [/QUOTE]

And that -Force costume seems to be the redesign by Jordan Gibson or heavily influenced by same...

[/QUOTE]
    Last edited by Thirteen; 01-05-2018 at 12:55 AM.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

I know people are excited with the prospect of Monica appearing in the Captain Marvel movie and, trust me, I'd love that. She deserves some respect. BUT we also have to remember the movie takes place in the 90s, so is it really a good idea for adult Monica to make her MCU debut there if that meant she'd be old/retired or, gods forbid, even dead in the present time? I don't want them to pull a Hank Pym on her. She deserves to be harnessed as a hero just as much as Carol Danvers. Give me a proper Photon/Spectrum or give me death!

Easily explainable by saying that Monica doesn't age, due to her energy form.

Why does that Gibson costume design have a Kree helmet? Monica's origin has nothing to do with the Kree.

...of the Black Priests Midnight_v's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Easily explainable by saying that Monica doesn't age, due to her energy form.

Why does that Gibson costume design have a Kree helmet? Monica's origin has nothing to do with the Kree.
    I was wondering that too... but... It does look excellent. Mixed feelings. Maybe Gibson has a story brewing.
    My priority is enjoying and supporting stories of timeless heroism and conflict.
    Everything else is irrelevant.

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by 616MarvelYear is LeapYear View Post

Riffing on the Neal Adams cover of Green Lantern/Green Arrow #87, aka the first issue with John Stewart.
    Not sure why some fans want to make the beef between Monica and Carol when Genis is the one who stole two of Monica's code names...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    Not sure why some fans want to make the beef between Monica and Carol when Genis is the one who stole two of Monica's code names...
    LOL... True that! Although, I would like to see those two go at it (à la no holds bar) even if it's only to determine who's the more versatile energy wielder.

BANNED

Far better to see them Captain Marvels team-up to fight them U-Foes: Vapor, X-Ray, Vector and Iron Clad.