Page 33 of 34 FirstFirst ... 23293031323334 LastLast
    BANNED

The very first CAPTAIN MARVEL woman respected!!!

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ichijinijisanji View Post
    Hell naw I want my captain
    Binarys cosmic nature and awareness (the physical connection she had with the universe) was underutilized however imo

And black panther's got the scientific and financial resources (maybe not knowledge) much more than brashear. Though not on board with the "tiger god" resolution
    With Monica being cosmically aware, Carol doesn't need to be. And that device that Adam made that allows him to perceive things at a macrocosmic level -- kind of like a Cerbero of cosmic awareness -- helps, too.

And yes, T'Challa has more cash, maybe, but that's because Adam hasn't started selling antimatter particles. (And probably never will.) According to a Google search, one gram of antihydrogen -- just 1 -- is in the ballpark of $62 Trillion in the real world. Trillion, with a "T." By comparison, the 2017 Gross Domestic Product of the United States was about $19T. When you consider that Adam can generate antimatter particles as easily as your average human produces carbon dioxide, he could easily eclipse the GDP of every country on the planet combined in under a minute or two.
    Last edited by JudicatorPrime; 11-05-2018 at 09:22 PM.
    “True peace is not merely the absence of tension; it is the presence of justice.”
    ~Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

“If I love you, I have to make you conscious of what you don’t see.”
    ~James Baldwin

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    With Monica being cosmically aware, Carol doesn't need to be. And that device that Adam made that allows him to perceive things at a macrocosmic level -- kind of like a Cerbero of cosmic awareness -- helps, too.

And yes, T'Challa has more cash, maybe, but that's because Adam hasn't started selling antimatter particles. (And probably never will.) According to a Google search, one gram of antihydrogen -- just 1 -- is in the ballpark of $62 Trillion in the real world. Trillion, with a "T." By comparison, the 2017 Gross Domestic Product of the United States was about $19T. When you consider that Adam can generate antimatter particles as easily as your average human produces carbon dioxide, he could easily eclipse the GDP of every country on the planet combined in under a minute or two.
    Yeah that's what I mean. Ewing basically gave everyone cosmic awareness even panther, so it was underutelized as something that could be unique. Everyone's cosmic awareness was limited to dreams mainly and some situations (and monica to simulate being human), but it could've been expanded upon to make cosmic awareness Carol's thing and much more useful without devices or the strain brashear felt when he used the device (esp with it being tied to the Vell powers). She could be the best at using that sense especially with Nega-Bands (which is amazing how she can use so many of the Mar-vell powers without them, imagine how good she'd be with Nega bands). Like even in the brood saga she could see, hear and manipulate Acanti souls and stuff to release them. It was cool. When monica tried to use it beyond dreams she just got lost in the shield and had to "sorted out" by carol absorbing her for an hour. I feel like a Cosmic team having a someone with great cosmic awareness without devices would be great/

After all ewing pushed monica's limits of her powers, brashears too, gave black panther shadow style to hit third eyes and a tiger god to rip up abstracts, made america a heavy hitter than can go at relativistic speeds.

Also, antimatter is likely affordable in the fictional Marvel universe with how often it's used. There's devices to steal directly from the negative zone and there's antimatter bombs too XD

And Panther is smarter than brashear.
    Last edited by Ichijinijisanji; 11-06-2018 at 04:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by 616MarvelYear is LeapYear View Post
    when will MD Bright return to drawing the character?

BANNED

Aside from the TPB is she going to show up in current ongoing anywhere?

Avengers No Road Home, February.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Yeah that's what I mean. Ewing basically gave everyone cosmic awareness even panther, so it was underutelized as something that could be unique. Everyone's cosmic awareness was limited to dreams mainly and some situations (and monica to simulate being human), but it could've been expanded upon to make cosmic awareness Carol's thing and much more useful without devices or the strain brashear felt when he used the device (esp with it being tied to the Vell powers). She could be the best at using that sense especially with Nega-Bands (which is amazing how she can use so many of the Mar-vell powers without them, imagine how good she'd be with Nega bands). Like even in the brood saga she could see, hear and manipulate Acanti souls and stuff to release them. It was cool. When monica tried to use it beyond dreams she just got lost in the shield and had to "sorted out" by carol absorbing her for an hour. I feel like a Cosmic team having a someone with great cosmic awareness without devices would be great.
    It's just me, but I liked the fact that Eon and its spawns were the only ones that could bestow Cosmic Awareness. Galactus, even as Lifebringer, being able to do that just seems off. I mean the whole point of him having heralds was that they had to span a multitude of universes to locate viable planets for Galactus to eat as the Devourer. If he could grant them cosmic awareness, even a limited form of it, there'd really be no challenge in finding an uninhabited viable planet. Cosmic Awareness would help them find uninhabited planets each and every time. Galactus would just "swipe right" on his dinner choices. lol

Also, antimatter is likely affordable in the fictional Marvel universe with how often it's used. There's devices to steal directly from the negative zone and there's antimatter bombs too XD
    Like adamantium, the actual cost hasn't really been consistently quantified. Even in abundance, my hunch is that it's quite pricey. Ultimately, my point is that Adam is plausibly as wealthy as they want to make him.

And Panther is smarter than brashear.
    I'm not so sure about that. Yes, T'Challa is routinely billed as one of the top 3 intellects on the planet, but these things inevitably turn into a popularity contest. There's a poll on this forum somewhere trying to identify the smartest person, yet, for some reason the High Evolutionary, who created Counter Earth and has godlike intellect, was barely mentioned. Intellect, even amongst polymaths, is relative. When T'Challa designs something that Adam, Reed, etc., can't grasp, then I'll start believing the prevailing sentiment. And I don't mean a simple trick, like the "spell" that Odin placed on Mjolnir.
    “True peace is not merely the absence of tension; it is the presence of justice.”

~James Baldwin

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    It's just me, but I liked the fact that Eon and its spawns were the only ones that could bestow Cosmic Awareness. Galactus, even as Lifebringer, being able to do that just seems off. I mean the whole point of him having heralds was that they had to span a multitude of universes to locate viable planets for Galactus to eat as the Devourer. If he could grant them cosmic awareness, even a limited form of it, there'd really be no challenge in finding an uninhabited viable planet. Cosmic Awareness would help them find uninhabited planets each and every time. Galactus would just "swipe right" on his dinner choices. lol
    I feel like there was something special about Vell. Like I remember Eon waiting 8 billion years for him specifically. And genis/phyla also seemed to have it to varying degrees without Eon for whatever reason.

Quasar had it for a hot second but mostly it felt like Epoch telling him stuff.

I don't understand the idea of galactus needing heralds anyway tbh. Dude has cosmic awareness and can move way faster than his heralds.
    Last edited by Ichijinijisanji; 11-07-2018 at 05:06 AM.

I don't understand the idea of galactus needing heralds anyway tbh. Dude has cosmic awareness and can move way faster than his heralds.
    Galactus is definitely one of those characters that challenges a reader's suspension of disbelief.

I'm still somewhat disappointed that Lifebringer Galactus didn't bestow the Ultimates with the full Power Cosmic when he chose them as his heralds. I get why Ewing didn't go there, but it would have been fun anyway. Just imagine what Monica would have looked like after being infused.

~James Baldwin

Anika Noni Rose put on a Spider-Man mask for Halloween. She certainly has Marvel awareness. Maybe somebody should tell her about Monica!

https://www.instagram.com/anikaaroundtheworld/?hl=en

I finally saw Jorja Smith perform "live" on Colbert. I wonder can she act? If so, I'd definitely call her agent and extend an audition, if I'm looking for someone to portray Monica.

~James Baldwin

Spectacular Member

I can't wait for February, for Avengers no Road home. And I think that a hood / cowl, is super cool. I also heard that Adam will be appearing in the series.

Also, and I believe somebody touched on it earlier in the thread, Monica Rambeau is to particles, what Owen Reece is to molecules.

Meaning: if written to potential, Monica is just about the most powerful heroin in the Marvel Universe. And I think that Al Ewing did a good job, of walking us there. Now it's up to the next writer to take us into a nice jog.

Also, super curious as to what the combined form of Adam and Monica can actually do. We need a book with these two in it stat
    Last edited by DMightyBlue; 12-11-2018 at 03:57 AM.

While there is a distinction hypothetically speaking between wave form and particle form energy, that's not to say Monica is necessarily absolute in her control over either form. As has been shown on multiple occasions, certain force fields can stop her, contain her, even defeat her. That's far different than someone like Molecule Man whose control is fairly absolute over the individual building blocks themselves, over atoms, molecules, subatomic particles, primordial and elementary particles of all manner and form. The only thing that the Molecule Man cannot control is absolute, abject nothingness. I drafted a fanfic ages ago where Deathurge, a scion of Oblivion, kills Molecule Man with exotic daggers made of that pure abstraction. And of course Molecule Man never sees them coming before his heart and mind are punctured.

That said, yes, would love if Monica held more sway over all forms of energy, not just those aligned with the electromagnetic spectrum. This is comics after all and different energy forms are being created all of the time, from the energies of Cyclops's "Punch" dimension, to those of Jack of Hearts's Zero Fluid. Monica as Spectrum should be more than just the known spectrum, but a living breathing taxonomy that grows with each new form of energy/particle form of energy that she encounters.

Cue the "Too Powerful" brigade in T-minus 10 seconds....

~James Baldwin

Monica is already uber powerful but i would never be opposed to any upgrade they can give her. I just want my favorite Avenger to get some much needed and deserved spotlight.

BANNED

To me there is no way Captain Marvel is 'too powerful'.