Page 6 of 34 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
    Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by MsAngel View Post
    Love Monica. She was perhaps Roger Stern's finest creation -- now if only Marvel writers could be more consistent about what her powers are so we can know her limits. To me she's one of my favorite examples of the power of representation --growing up as a black female with thick hair, always wanting to be fair-skinned with straight, lighter hair, like all the female super heroes who got the air time in the adaptations, finding Monica Rambeau when I go into Marvel back in 2009/2010 was amazing. Thought she was cool in Nextwave and have loved her in Al Ewing's Avengers run thus far -- love the costume, and am glad to see the Nextwave look back -- silly though the trench coat is, it's distinctively Monica.

Any ideas on how they should introduce her into the MCU? While it would be cool if we could have her in Infinity War, maybe after most of the original actors' contracts have worn out, we could get a Phase 4 or 5 Avengers film with Monica as team leader, which could lead to a solo film. Or maybe a Nextwave adaptation. Or anything, really. I just want her in an adaptation already.
    Welcome to the league fellow True Believer
    I would LOVE for Monica to appear in AOS first
    As a cop and then bring her back for the Spider man movie as Captain Spectrum.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DMightyBlue View Post
    LOVE me some Captain Monica Spectrum she rocked the last issue of Mighty. Love the stunts she did in the middle and end. Cool use and display of power. And people forget she can absorb and become any foreign or exotic energy she comes in contact with. So her being "able" to hold him wasn't a shock to me but an awesome salute to the character. I love Mighty and AL for giving us Monica and Adam in the same book. I like their interactions and they form a relationship of sorts even after secret wars.

Also, maybe I'm crazy, but I dig the next wave look. Sorry, I'm not sorry.
    That trench coat and the locs are COOL I'm and set her apart from other heroines visually.
    Captain America and Mighty Avengers #7 finally answered all of my questions about Monica. And for those of you who might have wondered/worried that Monica isn't as powerful as she used to be, think again. She's all that and more! Monica literally takes on a cosmic being in CAMA #7. Thanks to Ewing, Monica has leapt to the top of my all-time favorite characters list, supplanting even Storm and Jean Grey. Like most forms of electromagnetic radiation, I never saw Monica coming, but I'm definitely feeling her now.
    Last edited by JudicatorPrime; 04-19-2015 at 09:20 PM.

Hard light though really?!?! Since when can the danger room detain cosmic level entities that can create whole realities on a whim?? I would have appreciated a better explanation of how Monica managed to do that. I'm glad she did it and is getting a power house portrayal but kinda wish the explanation was just slightly different.
    image.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Baby_Hater666 View Post
    Hard light though really?!?! Since when can the danger room detain cosmic level entities that can create whole realities on a whim?? I would have appreciated a better explanation of how Monica managed to do that. I'm glad she did it and is getting a power house portrayal but kinda wish the explanation was just slightly different.
    image.jpg
    I thought she always was able to make hard light so I was a bit confused and disappointed.
    Monica Rambeau is the queen of my heart and life. Bow down to her then give her all your money.

Nostagia leads to stagnation and over glorifying the past. The past sucked, the present sucks, and the future will suck. Take off the rose colored glasses and don't let that jerk nostalgia trick you into thinking life was better than it really was. If 20 years from now I'm of those people that say music, tv, videogames etc. was better back in my day please hit me in the knee caps with a bat.

Quote Originally Posted by Baby_Hater666 View Post
    image.jpg
    Regarding the "hard light" explanation, I think they were simply trying to explain to the casual reader how Monica is able to hold Quantrelle at all, physically, since she's usually seen in an intangible light form. She's not saying that the potency behind it is the same as the Danger Room, only the principle.

But you're right: they could have perhaps given another explanation as to how Monica was able to manhandle Quantrelle the second time she grabbed him other than to use "hard light" as the explanation. Perhaps something as vague as her saying that she used "electromagnetic force" to do it would work better for readers?

Hard light is just one of those things that only a Green Lantern can get away with using as a supremely powerful construct (and with various properties that have nothing to do with light) and get away with it. ha ha

Astonishing Member ohsnapulon5000's Avatar

I kinda dug her with her daring processed bob. It kinda set her apart moreso from other black female Marvel characters in a cute lil way. image.jpg

we should start some type of push or movement to make sure marvel know how great of a movie it will be to include Monica in the next Avengers movie or the one after that..

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by 4sake Baned View Post
    we should start some type of push or movement to make sure marvel know how great of a movie it will be to include Monica in the next Avengers movie or the one after that..
    I agree with this 100000%

what would the Twitter hashtag be?

#movieformonica
    I surrender to the Contest

#AvengeMonica

You new mods are fucking dicks! you couldn't have just censored it!?!?! Typing on a phone isn't that easy.

It's a little thing, but Declan Shalvey included Monica in her new trenchcoat look on this Groot cover and I really like it:

http://dshalv.tumblr.com/post/117604...ours-by-jordie

Which made me think, is Monica showing up anywhere in Secret Wars??

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Centipede Damascus View Post
    Which made me think, is Monica showing up anywhere in Secret Wars??
    She was in a preview page for A-Force but for some reason she got erased from the page and replaced by Nico.

She was in two panels in the free comic book day Secret Wars comic. She was just flying in the background though. Other than that I haven't seen her in any previews in anything Secret Wars related. I'm hoping that she shows up somewhere since or that she at least has a little role in A Force.

The talk about Monica being in the MCU makes me wonder how they could introduce her. Ideally I'd love to have her debut in her own movie but I know that ain't happening. The Captain Marvel movie could be a good way to introduce her but that could run into the problem of her being relegated tot he best friend role and even then who knows if she would have powers right away. With the way Agents of Shield handles some characters I'd be iffy for her to show up there. There's always the chance that she could be introduced in one of the Netflix shows which I would be interested in seeing. I don't know if she'd fit in any of their shows since they are more grounded. Having her debut in an Avengers movie and kicking ass would be awesome but the next two movies are probably going to be crammed with characters so chances of her debuting there are probably slim.

Either way I'm still going to hold out hope they cast Shanola Hampton as Monica and give her a decent role somewhere.

... Dazzler is flying? (?!?)
    ... replacing Monica with Nico (who?!?).... it figures.

I don't see Monica becoming a character in the MCU until well after Infinity War.