Page 9 of 34 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast
    Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Just because you *can* beat everyone to a party with Thanos doesn't mean you *want* to party alone with Thanos!
    If written to her true specifications, Monica can rock with Thanos...at least hold out long enough until the rest of the team shows up. More to the point, not every villain is Thanos' level.

My hunch is that it's just a matter of time before some writer establishes that the reason why it appears that Monica arrives after everyone else is because the human eye can't really spot her at her actual flight speed. What we are seeing is something akin to a residual image. Monica is far ahead of the point in space/time where we see her.

It's either that, or she's doing the prudent leader thing and hanging back to better assess the full situation. Nah, forget I said that. She can assess the entire situation and local environs at the speed of light. She would already know what's going on before any of her teammates arrived.

Extraordinary Member t hedge coke's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Shaw View Post
    The fact that the clown (the son of a great hero)
    Not to derail, but I always figured the clown (he is) was more heroic than his pops. Daddy Mar-Vell there was a goose-stepping conqueror until he one day felt he wasn't and went awol. He did some nice things in his lifetime, but he was a space nazi, too. And, far as I can tell, never really made recompense for that.
    Patsy Walker on TV! Patsy Walker in new comics! Patsy Walker in your brain! And Jessica Jones is the new Nancy! (Oh, and read the Comics Cube.)

Is that 616 Monica, or an alternate universe Monica?

And can someone explain to me why Dazzler has skates, if she can fly???

[/QUOTE]

I just thought of something.....

The fact that the clown (the son of a great hero) who stole her name twice was put down by the son of a Nazi.
    The first time, Monica gave it up willingly because she felt she didn't deserve being called "Captain Marvel" now that she knew what it meant. Second time was just a kick in the proverbial nuts, and it just kept getting worse from there.
    She is Kamala Khan... The Magnificent Ms. Marvel!

Extraordinary Member t hedge coke's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    Skates are awesome.

And, birds can fly, but also have feet. Options are awesome.
    Patsy Walker on TV! Patsy Walker in new comics! Patsy Walker in your brain! And Jessica Jones is the new Nancy! (Oh, and read the Comics Cube.)

Quote Originally Posted by t hedge coke View Post
    Skates are awesome.

And, birds can fly, but also have feet. Options are awesome.
    Skates weren't just the hallmark of the 70s disco era that Dazzler championed, but it was her primary mode of transportation before she realized that she could fly. I'm not knocking options, because planes have wheels, too. I'm just trying to figure out why Dazzler needs skates, since she doesn't land like a plane.

Note: I just had a flashback to when Galactus made Dazzler his temporary herald. She skated across the universe. Yeah, maybe they should not have given her the power of flight. Something is off there.

Anyway, enough about Dazzler. Back to Monica...
    Last edited by JudicatorPrime; 05-22-2015 at 06:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Myetche View Post
    The first time, Monica gave it up willingly because she felt she didn't deserve being called "Captain Marvel" now that she knew what it meant. Second time was just a kick in the proverbial nuts, and it just kept getting worse from there.
    Unfortunately, Monica is still at risk of another name change. I still think of Doctor Spectrum whenever someone calls her by her current nom de guerre. Just imagine what it will be like when she goes back to school and gets a PhD. Or if the Squadron Supreme happens to show up in one of her books.
    Last edited by JudicatorPrime; 05-22-2015 at 06:53 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by t hedge coke View Post
    Not to derail, but I always figured the clown (he is) was more heroic than his pops. Daddy Mar-Vell there was a goose-stepping conqueror until he one day felt he wasn't and went awol. He did some nice things in his lifetime, but he was a space nazi, too. And, far as I can tell, never really made recompense for that.
    That is food for thought.

Extraordinary Member

Peter has an eye for fine chocolate, I see.

Monica's #1 fan back in the day?

And she never shut up about it, even after she got fired.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Myetche View Post
    And she never shut up about it, even after she got fired.
    The cool thing was that Al Ewing was reading this stuff at around the same time many of us were.

I like her hair this way, but also like the locks.
    Monica's fierce!

"History of the DC Universe" by Wolfman and Perez, when the DCU use to make sense.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    Is that 616 Monica, or an alternate universe Monica?

[/QUOTE] That is the counterpart of 616 Monica Rambeau from the domain Arcadia.

Fingers crossed that the marvel comics post Secret Wars will have the decency to once again establish either the 616 Monica Rambeau or any of her counterparts as the all-new CAPTAIN MARVEL on the all-new mainstream marvel earth.

Monica is never going to be Captain Marvel again, Carol is Captain Marvel because she's getting a movie.

deal with it.
    I surrender to the Contest

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Wessex View Post
    Monica is never going to be Captain Marvel again, Carol is Captain Marvel because she's getting a movie.

deal with it.
    And Marvel can use SW as a way to retcon Monica so that she was never known as "Captain Marvel" to begin with.