Default Can I get an update/recap on new52 Darkseid?

I just want to be clear on one of my favorite characters Darkseid.

So to start off he has been invading all the earths of the multiverse in search of his daughter Kaiyo? The only earths that have given him trouble were prime earth which is the main earth, and earth 2. Have we ever heard anything more from his daughter? Has she appeared in other books besides being locked in the red room as stated in vibe #2?

Some point in time darkseid came across the anti monitor who beat him, and now he is in a weakened state and the result of that battle is apokolips is in a collision with earth 2? I read this in some earth 2 discussion thread so I'm not exactly sure.

The antimoniter has also been consuming worlds in order to strengthen up so he can defeat darkseid. Is it possible the person he's been traveling with could be Kaiyo? She's been running from him so maybe she allied herself with him for help.

That's pretty much it, can anyone confirm or correct me if I messed anything up? Also sorry if it was disorganized I was just typing as everything popped up in my head.

Astonishing Member RobinFan4880's Avatar

Justice League Spoilers: Darkseid's forces invaded both Earth 0 and Earth 2. Steppenwulf was the commander in charge of the Earth 2 invasion, while Darkseid personally lead the charge on Earth 0. While on Earth 0, he fought the Justice League and was blinded, then sent packing through a Boom Tube. The Anti-Monitor destroyed Earth 3 and wants to fight/defeat/kill Darkseid but needs more power to do so.

Batman and Robin Spoilers: Darkseid still has messed up eyes.

World's End Spoilers: Darkseid was imprisoned in a bubble and freed by the forces of Earth 2. Additionally, Apokolips is dying, which is why the Court of Apokolips wanted to re-invade Earth 2 and terraform it into a new Apokolips.

Batman/Superman Spoilers: Darkseid has a daughter named Kaiyo. She doesn't like Darkseid and wanted to find people who could defeat him. Earth 2 heroes failed her test, while the Earth 0 heroes proved worthy.

Note: The person traveling with the Anti-Monitor is not Kaiyo, as she speaks with red text, while the servant of the Anti-Monitor speaks with a speech bubble surrounded in red (but with black text).

I'm not completely sure, but i don't think Kaiyo has anything to do with Darkseid invading Earth-0 (JL: Origins). I think he is weakened after his battle with the Justice League. He didnt even show up in Earth-2. The Invasion on that Earth was leaded by Steppenwolf and some furies.

Also, i dont think the Anti-monitor has faced him. We know for sure he trashed one Earth (probably earth-3) and that he wants to fight Darkseid, but that doesnt mean they have fought before.
    - We were the BEST, Richard. No matter what anyone thinks. - Damian Wayne.

Green Lantern Spanish Fan Site HERE

Astonishing Member RobinFan4880's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by poroto678 View Post
    I'm not completely sure, but i don't think Kaiyo has anything to do with Darkseid invading Earth-0 (JL: Origins). I think he is weakened after his battle with the Justice League. He didnt even show up in Earth-2. The Invasion on that Earth was leaded by Steppenwolf and some furies.

Also, i dont think the Anti-monitor has faced him. We know for sure he trashed one Earth (probably earth-3) and that he wants to fight Darkseid, but that doesnt mean they have fought before.
    I may have missed something (DC does publish a lot of titles) but what you said is correct.

Thanks for the replies guys it really helped. Also in Justice league #6 Wonder Woman specifically asks (more like commands) darkseid to explain why he's here, and he simply says "for her". Also in darkseid/Justice league 23.1 the villians month issues darkseid travels the multiverse searching for Kaiyo, but also uses the search to capture the supermen of the multiverse.

Quote Originally Posted by Slade View Post
    Thanks for the replies guys it really helped. Also in Justice league #6 Wonder Woman specifically asks (more like commands) darkseid to explain why he's here, and he simply says "for her". Also in darkseid/Justice league 23.1 the villians month issues darkseid travels the multiverse searching for Kaiyo, but also uses the search to capture the supermen of the multiverse.
    Yeah, but there's something else. Kaiyo was created by Greg Pak years after the JL Origin story arc when he was asked to write Supeman and Batman's first encounter, and Pak also wrote the Villain's Month Darkseid issue. In JL #6, by "her" he might have meant Pandora. At the beginning of the NEw 52 Pandora was supposed to be a major player in the DCnU, but that never happened, and Trinity War ended up being something different from what we expected. I dont really know what Johns really meant, but im pretty sure it wasnt Kaiyo.

EDIT: I just checked JL #23.1 and OP was right. Kaiyo did lead Darkseid to Earth-0, but i'm sure that won't be a part of the next "Darkseid War" arc, cuz we all know that's Geoff Johns' baby.
    Last edited by poroto678; 01-05-2015 at 07:25 PM.

Spectacular Member

Kaiyo isn't Darkseid's daughter.

Darkseid's daughter is/was imprisoned by ARGUS as shown in Vibe.

Yeah, but there's something else. Kaiyo was created by Greg Pak years after the JL Origin story arc when he was asked to write Supeman and Batman's first encounter, and Pak also wrote the Villain's Month Darkseid issue. In JL #6, by "her" he might have meant Pandora. At the beginning of the NEw 52 Pandora was supposed to be a major player in the DCnU, but that never happened, and Trinity War ended up being something different from what we expected. I dont really know what Johns really meant, but im pretty sure it wasnt Kaiyo.

EDIT: I just checked JL #23.1 and OP was right. Kaiyo did lead Darkseid to Earth-0, but i'm sure that won't be a part of the next "Darkseid War" arc, cuz we all know that's Geoff Johns' baby.
    Gotcha, thanks for clearing that up. So I guess since Kaiyo isn't darkseids daughter, that must be an open storyline that we are just supposed to forget about, just like pandora reshaping the universe leading to the new 52.

Gotcha, thanks for clearing that up. So I guess since Kaiyo isn't darkseids daughter, that must be an open storyline that we are just supposed to forget about, just like pandora reshaping the universe leading to the new 52.
    I dont know if we should "forget" about Kaiyo, but it's just one of those fill-in stories than dont really matter in the end. For what it's worth, i really liked Pak's first Bat/Supes arc.

Amazing Member

So, yeah. Kaiyo was pretty much left in Limbo, at this point.
    She was a Plot Device that first appeared to reunite both Earth-0 and Earth-2 Heroes together, that (in-story) eventually led to Darkseid (& Steppenwolf) invasion on both Earths.
    The last time I ever saw her, was after taking Batman/Superman to the Last Days of the invasion of Earth-2, to see if they would be capable of rewritting story.
    After they seemingly "failed", she erased their memories, and asked a some evil entity to take care of them, and..
    That's all. Never mentioned again.
    As I said, pure plot device character.

On an unrelated note, there was an intention of connecting E-0 and E-2 at any point? Early B&S issues (along with WF ones) were so Earth-2 related, that connecting them (at least in a more relevant way than some stand-alone issues), didnt seem that improbable, at the time I read those stories.
    However, the idea seemed to be scrapped by now, or just was never intended to be.
    Such a shame.
    Last edited by Rhongomyniad; 05-02-2016 at 11:48 AM.

I just want to be clear on one of my favorite characters Darkseid.

So to start off he has been invading all the earths of the multiverse in search of his daughter Kaiyo? The only earths that have given him trouble were prime earth which is the main earth, and earth 2. Have we ever heard anything more from his daughter? Has she appeared in other books besides being locked in the red room as stated in vibe #2?
    Didn't Thanos go looking for his son in Infinity a few years ago? lol