Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Ninjak View Post
    Meh. No matter how you put it, it's still lame. I'm not really a fan of playing it safe.
    Its not playing it safe its playing it smart... He is already on 2 ongoings not to mention he is Executive producing 2 currently airing television shows (Arrow and Flash with at least 2 more in the pipeline with Titans and Supergirl confirmed and others rumored. And he is responsible for all merchandising and advertising. Look up what a Chief Creative Officer is responsible for at DC and you are gonna be happy he is even on 2 ongoings. Didio has told him he cant be on any more books because of the work load he has. Id rather have 2 ongoings that arnt ever delayed then have 3 where only 2 come out per month becuase he cant handle it\.

Spectacular Member

I don't expect a Shazam series until 2018 or so given that the movie comes in 2019.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeMC005 View Post
    . . . Didio has told him he cant be on any more books because of the work load he has. Id rather have 2 ongoings that arnt ever delayed then have 3 where only 2 come out per month becuase he cant handle it\.
    "Aren't ever delayed"? Are we talking Geoff Johns' Justice League?

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    "Aren't ever delayed"? Are we talking Geoff Johns' Justice League?
    The reason that Justice league was delayed during Forever Evil was because the Main Forever Evil book was delayed and Justice league would have ruined the ending if it had been released ahead of the last 2 issues. The books had already been written and put into production but couldnt be distributed before Forever Evil.

what about the rumor that Jrjr would take over writing and drawing Superman from Johns?

Boing Boing Baggies. Baggie_Saiyan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Miller View Post
    what about the rumor that Jrjr would take over writing and drawing Superman from Johns?
    Doubt it, since January concludes their new arc, Johns is still set to write the Feb issue. If he were leaving Superman then why not leave in January?
    "Yes...Mondo Cool"- Vegeta.

Quote Originally Posted by Baggie_Saiyan View Post
    Doubt it, since January concludes their new arc, Johns is still set to write the Feb issue. If he were leaving Superman then why not leave in January?
    well JRJR is doing a solo issue by himself but I think thats because of the move and everything Johns has going on with TV right now.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeMC005 View Post
    do a Shazam book that will have amazing sales for issues 1-3 then fall off the map.
    Do you have any stats/numbers/example of another Johns written book to back this "1-3 issues then fall off the map" claim?

I remember the same being said by delusional Jordan GL and Aquaman haters, before he took on those books.
    Last edited by Güicho; 01-06-2015 at 01:31 PM.

The back-up I think gave Shazam the perfect launch platform for his own book but that's so far back now that I feel whatever momentum was going has been lost. True, he is now a member of the League but its not the same.... we don't get to see his world expand or evolve. No Mister Mind, no Sivana, no Mary Marvel or any of the others. Whilst his Superman is a fine book, the first arc that was almost exactly like Superman: Unchained and the fact that its another Superman book makes it feel like a bit of a wasted effort as he could have been doing Shazam and expanding the world of Earth's Mightiest Mortal.

I guess it makes business sense that there won't be a Shazam series anytime soon.

A Shazam book has a very high chance of failing, unless written by Johns or Morrison.

Quote Originally Posted by The S0/\/\@7ic Si/\/\[]Dl370n View Post
    I guess it makes business sense that there won't be a Shazam series anytime soon.

A Shazam book has a very high chance of failing, unless written by Johns or Morrison.
    I respectfully disagree. Just because they aren't doing it yet does not mean it makes business sense. It might have made perfect sense to launch a book right after the backups finished (capitalizing on the momentum of a very well-recieved story) but they couldn't for availability reasons. And Shazam does not have a high chance of failing. I'll bet the Shazam Convergence issues in April and May by Jeff Parker sell gangbusters and are among the top Convergence sellers. Like I said in the opening post, people are clamouring for Captain Marvel/Shazam.

Quote Originally Posted by maxmcco View Post
    . . . Like I said in the opening post, people are clamouring for Captain Marvel/Shazam.
    Maybe people on these forums, but what about the typical comic book buyer who seems to buy any and every book with Batman on it?

I would rather Johns stay on Justice League then leave the book for Shazam. I feel like Van Jensen might be good for Shazam though. It feels like more of his writing is used on the Flash instead of Venditti's.
    I love the New 52. I love the dark and grittiness of it and find that is what makes the most enjoyable superhero stories. At the same time I find All Star Superman to be the most depressing Superman story I have ever read. Yeah I'm weird.

Jeff Parker would be perfect for a Shazam ongoing; even better if Doc Shaner launched the title with him spinning out of their Convergence issues. Though, artistically both are better suited for a book taking place on Earth-5, I wouldn't mind seeing them tackle the nu52 Shazam. It wouldn't have the marketability of either Johns or Frank but it's a book I'd be more excited about reading. Their Flash Gordon mini-series was fantastic.
    But are you the only metal that's liquid at room temperature?