Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default No Shazam comic launch in June?

https://twitter.com/Throne_Talk/stat...29532421603328

Ryan C ‏@Throne_Talk

@geoffjohns @1moreGaryFrank @jonsibal

No Shazam Volume 2

Gary Frank ‏@1moreGaryFrank

@Throne_Talk @geoffjohns @jonsibal

We're talking about it. We may be able to prepare the foundations while working on BE1 vol 3.

If Gary Frank and Geoff Johns are doing Batman Earth One Vol. 3 before a Shazam series, then there's no way we'll have a Shazam book with the big multi-title relaunch in June. I am so sick of waiting for the follow up to their amazing backups in Justice League. I say, bring on a Thunderworld series for June. People are clamouring for Captain Marvel/Shazam!

Aw man. I could not care less about Batman Earth One, and that makes it a lot harder for me. I cannot wait for a Shazam solo series by Johns and Frank.
    - We were the BEST, Richard. No matter what anyone thinks. - Damian Wayne.

Green Lantern Spanish Fan Site HERE

They really dropped the ball on launching a Shazam series after the amazing relaunch in the JL back-ups.
    There was many championing the new take. While some purist balking that hadn't actually read the whole thing.
    In the end it was one of the most reaffirming and stronger takes on the character. - When Billy at first empathizes with the villain, sees what hate and power can do, and then inadvertently shares the power with those he was really afraid to call his new family. It was Billy at his best.

And while Morrison's Thunderworld was a great nod to the old. Seeing his old redundant family - Tall Billy Marvel, Fat Billy Marvel, Hill Billy Marvel, and Uncle Dudley as his "family" really seemed like going backwards for nostalgia's sake. (and Morrison forgot Freckles Marvel)

I much prefer the new diverse incarnation of the Family.
    Or better; there is no reason why they both can't exist.

What's really sucks is having neither.
    Last edited by Güicho; 01-06-2015 at 02:55 PM.

BANNED

They would rather do a crappy Batman: Earth One book rather than a Shazam book. Really? This is unbelievable. We don't need any more Batman.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by maxmcco View Post
    https://twitter.com/Throne_Talk/stat...29532421603328

If Gary Frank and Geoff Johns are doing Batman Earth One Vol. 3 before a Shazam series, then there's no way we'll have a Shazam book with the big multi-title relaunch in June. I am so sick of waiting for the follow up to their amazing backups in Justice League. I say, bring on a Thunderworld series for June. People are clamouring for Captain Marvel/Shazam!
    Didio could easily get another creative team for the book if he wanted.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    Didio could easily get another creative team for the book if he wanted.
    It won't be the same imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninjak View Post
    They would rather do a crappy Batman: Earth One book rather than a Shazam book. Really? This is unbelievable.
    Really? What do you think would bring DC more $'s?

Besides, he only way Geoff Johns could get out a new Shazam title would be to:
    * drop Justice League
    * drop Superman
    * or do Shazam like a very infrequently published graphic novel, not as a regular monthly comic book

Remember, he does do other things at DC besides write comic book stories.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    This is a good point, the guy is pretty stretched already, plus he might want to do the Earth One book more, this is a creative medium and I'm sure being that high up would hold a fair bit of sway over what project you felt like doing.

BANNED

Meh. No matter how you put it, it's still lame. I'm not really a fan of playing it safe.

* drop Justice League
    * drop Superman
    * or do Shazam like a very infrequently published graphic novel, not as a regular monthly comic book

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Güicho View Post

I much prefer the new diverse incarnation of the Family.
    Or better; there is no reason why they both can't exist.

What's really sucks is having neither.
    Hear, hear.

(They should put SOMETHING out, where Billy gets more of a spotlight. Beat cop on the magic watch. Battered kid getting a chance at the childhood he never had. All SORTS of ways they do something....)

BANNED

I don't see a Shazam book without Johns writing.

unless they let jeff parker or morrison launch one

Astonishing Member RobinFan4880's Avatar

We've known this since Johns and JRJR took over Superman. Johns is only going to do two on-goings at a time. We'll just have to wait until he's done with Superman (or Justice League (not sure which he is going to let go of first)).

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Well, that sucks. As much as I love Geoff's work, I have no interest in the Earth One titles beyond the upcoming Wonder Woman one. I'm just nervous that if DC waits much longer to release a Shazam ongoing, much of the buzz that Johns and Frank built up will have diminished and the book will have mediocre sales at best.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by gwangung View Post
    Hear, hear.

(They should put SOMETHING out, where Billy gets more of a spotlight. Beat cop on the magic watch. Battered kid getting a chance at the childhood he never had. All SORTS of ways they do something....)
    I'm sure Scott Lobdell or Ann Nocenti would be available to write it if you want.

* drop Justice League
    * drop Superman

Exactly. He is the Chief Creative Officer for DC which is basically like being CEO of a major company. He cant be doing more than 2 ongoings and since he is currently working on 2 of the biggest books DC puts out why would he leave one of those to do a Shazam book that will have amazing sales for issues 1-3 then fall off the map. He needs to be on the books that DC NEEDS TO SUCCEED not a one off shazam solo because it would be cool. Put another creative team on it. Johns has better things to do.