Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Writer At Comic Watch Dylan Davison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bslythegamerguy View Post
    This line of books does indeed look fun but like I said before, the Crossgen void has never been fully restored and while Dynamite's pulp books, Project Superpowers, and PBS were close, they never truly made the pain go away. Also, those lines never felt like they were here to stay, and they weren't.

God this looks fun, but I just can't take anymore comic heartache.
    Well it's up to you, but for me these sound to good to pass up. I want to support these titles in any way I can. I think given a chance these have a good chance of surviving. I just hope there is not a lot of people who won't give these a chance. Archie seems very dedicated to putting out some great new hero titles, with great talent. Also again PBS is not dead haha. Just saying :P.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Cheesesteak View Post
    the funny (and ironic?) thing is is that mindset/approach is just what contributes to it "not being worth it," as you point out.

If you want the obscure indies to survive, then don't trade-wait them. Support them and order the singles.

but quick side question out of curiosity:
    Are the 3 titles in a shared universe?
    I could not agree more, I only trade wait if I have to. The sales of the singles keep the series going. While I understand trade waiting if people really want to support the series buying the single issues is the best way to go.

But that's just how I see things haha. Like I said I have trade waited before, if I have to. And I understand why people trade wait. Haha it does save me money when I do it. XD

To answer your question, yes they are in the same universe. They don't have any crossovers planed yet or anything. They said they want to establish them in thier own series and the characters before and they don't want to weigh the writers down with plans right now. But yes the Dark Circle titles are in a shared universe. They said they could have some nods to one another I believe. Tiny easter egg like things I'd imagine, like background things (a tv talking about The Shield in The Black Hood for example) or stuff like that, but who knows.

But I hope when we do get a crossover it's a outside mini series that does not effect the main titles to much or take them over. That way those who don't want to read it don't have to, or those who do just buy the mini series event. Or something like that haha. I plan to ask about a crossover and some other stuff at SDCC.
    Last edited by Dylan Davison; 02-08-2015 at 02:07 AM.
    Pulls:
    Coffin: La Muerta, Lady Death, Hellwitch. Valiant: Shadowman. DC: Poison Ivy.
    Check Out My Comic Reviews And More At Comic Watch!