Page 33 of 43 FirstFirst ... 23293031323334353637 ... LastLast

The Hangman #2 came out today.
    (Only a month-and-a-half later than it was originally solicited for.)

Is anybody else bothered by the art for Black Hood? I'm assuming they're trying for a gritty, dark "Noir-like" feel, but to me it just sometimes reminds me of the stuff we got from third-rate b&w independent titles back in the 1980s.

Actually, I'm loving the art. It should be gritty and dark, and it compliments Duane's writing superbly. It's a stark contrast to The Fox and The Shield...

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

I really, really enjoyed Hangman #2, this Mike guy is a real tool bag. It's a bit obvious that the dominant story origin beats, especially when the Devil dangles the offer to be the new Hangman, are essentially Spawn.
    That said Al Simmons was a bit more of a likable guy at least. Mike Minneta is essentially Jigsaw from Punisher given supernatural powers with the promise of redemption.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

... Just sitting here... Thinking about the Fox meeting Project Superpowers... This possible crossover has so much potential!... The coolness!... Dark Circle Comics/Dynamite Entertainment...

Quote Originally Posted by Carloshll726 View Post
    ... Just sitting here... Thinking about the Fox meeting Project Superpowers... This possible crossover has so much potential!... The coolness!... Dark Circle Comics/Dynamite Entertainment...
    Unfortunately, Dynamite has f#@&'d up the PSP franchise so badly that it's not even funny.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Unfortunately, Dynamite has f#@&'d up the PSP franchise so badly that it's not even funny.
    Writer Warren Ellis has taken it over. I'm waiting on his Blackcross TPB to get released.

Writer Warren Ellis has taken it over. I'm waiting on his Blackcross TPB to get released.
    Don't hold your breath. Ellis basically told a story that effectively killed any idea of a reboot. Rather than seeding the ground for a complete relaunch of the characters he pretty much did a "one and done" mini that left things at a dead-end. It was very disappointing, and why MajorHoy said they'd f***** up the franchise so badly. At this point, the only viable Project Superpowers characters are the ones attached the Masks mini-series they've done -- which effectively relegates them to co-stars with other franchises.

Quote Originally Posted by Ishmael View Post
    Don't hold your breath. Ellis basically told a story that effectively killed any idea of a reboot. Rather than seeding the ground for a complete relaunch of the characters he pretty much did a "one and done" mini that left things at a dead-end. It was very disappointing, and why MajorHoy said they'd f***** up the franchise so badly. At this point, the only viable Project Superpowers characters are the ones attached the Masks mini-series they've done -- which effectively relegates them to co-stars with other franchises.
    I like the sound of "Warren Ellis... Leaving Project Superpowers." I'm not a big fan of him... I'm hoping for the PSP crossover with Dark Circle's the Fox to be a real masterpiece! When I first thought it up, it felt like genius! And so I sent idea-mail to Archie and Dynamite!
    Last edited by Carloshll726; 02-08-2016 at 07:27 AM.

Good luck with it -- it would be a cool crossover.

Quote Originally Posted by Ishmael View Post
    Good luck with it -- it would be a cool crossover.
    I imagine a Dynamite artist drawing it instead of a Dark Circle artist... Hmmm... My original idea was to title this crossover Smash-Hit Comics, but we can change that! It seems right now the better idea is to just put the Fox's logo on the cover alongside the Project Superpowers logo!
    Last edited by Carloshll726; 02-07-2016 at 11:33 AM.

I like the sound of "Warren Ellis... Leaving Project Superpowers." I'm not a big fan of him... I'm hoping for the PSP crossover with Dark Circle's the Fox to be a real masterpiece! When I first thought it up, it felt like genius! And so I sent idea-mail to Archie and Dynamite!
    Only problem is . . . Warren Ellis shouldn't have even ENTERED the PSP franchise. He wound up being the kid that played with the toys and smashed them to bits when he was done.

By the way, I would even consider changing your idea a bit and have the Project Superpowers characters meet up with the original, Golden-Age versions of the MLJ / Archie Comics heroes.

http://www.herogoggles.com/mlj_heroes.html

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Only problem is . . . Warren Ellis shouldn't have even ENTERED the PSP franchise. He wound up being the kid that played with the toys and smashed them to bits when he was done.

By the way, I would even consider changing your idea a bit and have the Project Superpowers characters meet up with the original, Golden-Age versions of the MLJ / Archie Comics heroes.

http://www.herogoggles.com/mlj_heroes.html
    Hmmm... The Fox and other heroes. I do like that. I'm only familiar with some, such as the Shield, Black Hood, the Fly, the Jaguar, the Comet, the Web, the Crusaders and New Crusaders... My mind is so focused on the Fox (or Fox with She-Fox) meeting the Project Superpowers heroes............................................ ............. I'm stupid.
    Last edited by Carloshll726; 02-08-2016 at 07:28 AM.

BANNED

Hopefully, they can stay on track now.

http://majorspoilers.com/2016/02/16/...-the-shield-2/

Got both the Black Hood and Shield this week, and enjoyed each of them.

Have to say, didn't really see that ending coming in the Shield. INTERESTING. And the Black Hood was awesome as usual.