Page 2 of 43 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Power Torch View Post
    They are all ongoings so far. I am hoping this world will get more then just 3 series. Who would you guys want next. The Fly would be cool. Is The Web pat of archie heroes?
    I believe Archie does not own the rights to The Fly.
    . . . In 1999, Joe Simon (Kirby was not the creator of the Fly, but he did work on the early issues) regained the rights to the character thanks to copyright termination. The termination did not affect Fly-Girl, since she was created after Simon and Kirby left the title.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fly_(Archie_Comics)
    The same thing also seems to apply to the Lancelot Strong version of The Shield.
    In June 1959, a new Shield was published by Archie that had no connection to the previous version.

Joe Simon and Jack Kirby had been hired by Archie to create characters for a new "Archie Adventure Series" line of superheroes. They created a new Shield, whose real identity was Lancelot Strong, who appeared in a new title, The Double Life of Private Strong. Most collectors refer to this Shield as "Lancelot Strong" to differentiate him from the previous one.[citation needed]

Lancelot's scientist father developed a method to create a superhuman by expanding the mind, which he used on his infant son. After his father was killed by foreign agents, Lancelot was adopted by a farm couple and raised as their son. Once he hit his teens, he discovered the truth of his background and his powers: strength, flight, near-invulnerability, vision powers, the ability to generate lightning, and a few more. His father had created a patriotic costume for him, and he started off as the new superhero, the Shield. He soon joined the Army, acting like a Gomer Pyle-style country bumpkin, while leading a double life as the Shield (hence the title of his comic). DC cried 'foul', claiming this new Shield was too similar to Superman, so after 2 issues, his comic ended.

In 1999, Joe Simon and the Kirby estate regained ownership of the character by terminating their shares of the copyright.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shield_...ancelot_Strong

Writer At Comic Watch Dylan Davison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    I believe Archie does not own the rights to The Fly.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fly_(Archie_Comics)
    Ah, ok thanks. So maybe a Fly-girl serie haha, that would be interesting. Or The Web series? I read his stuff from DC's Red Circle. He was an interesting character.
    Pulls:
    Coffin: La Muerta, Lady Death, Hellwitch. Valiant: Shadowman. DC: Poison Ivy.
    Check Out My Comic Reviews And More At Comic Watch!

Ah, ok thanks. So maybe a Fly-girl serie haha, that would be interesting. Or The Web series? I read his stuff from DC's Red Circle. He was an interesting character.
    Ever read the !mpact series back n the day?

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Ever read the !mpact series back n the day?

No, was it good at all? It was a team not one person right?
    Pulls:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_Cir...ics#Characters

Power Torch, the list at the bottom of the page would probably be the characters they are gonna use minus one or two because of rights issues etc or they have one or two original creations from their in-house writers.

BANNED

archie desperately needs the dark circle project to be a success after what's happened with afterlife and sabrina

they really aren't given much breathing room

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_Cir...ics#Characters

Power Torch, the list at the bottom of the page would probably be the characters they are gonna use minus one or two because of rights issues etc or they have one or two original creations from their in-house writers.
    Ya, thanks, I have seen the list of characters haha, it's cool to see all the characters they have to pick from though. Its a nice long list so they will have to take it slow I hope. Maybe do some mini series or something, and a new ongoing at first. I would not want them to jump the gun and release too many at once.

I was asking which character would you guys want to see next? I vote The Web, he could be their Iron Man like character XD.
    Pulls:

BANNED

i vote the jaguar since i really loved the jaguar that was in new crusaders and was disappointed that more wasn't done with her

Quote Originally Posted by Chrysalis_Changling View Post
    i vote the jaguar since i really loved the jaguar that was in new crusaders and was disappointed that more wasn't done with her
    That would be cool, I am always up for more female heroes. She looks pretty cool too. Was her powers linked to "magic" as well? I know one of The Jaguars were. If so, it would be a cool way to have a magic character in a ongoing or mini and deal with a more magic side of Dark Circle.
    Pulls:

BANNED

That would be cool, I am always up for more female heroes. She looks pretty cool too. Was her powers linked to "magic" as well? I know one of The Jaguars were. If so, it would be a cool way to have a magic character in a ongoing or mini and deal with a more magic side of Dark Circle.
    if i remember correctly her powers were linked to an ancient aztec panther god that she had encountered in a vision(thanks to the helmet she wears)

I always liked the Impact version of Jaguar and the first Impact version of Black Hood.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

if i remember correctly her powers were linked to an ancient aztec panther god that she had encountered in a vision(thanks to the helmet she wears)
    Oh, well thats cool. Kinda magic sounding. Kinda like Dr. Fate mixed with Thor maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Stone View Post
    I always liked the Impact version of Jaguar and the first Impact version of Black Hood.
    Did you ever read the Impact version of The Shield? I am going to order a bunch of them at the end of the month. Was wondering if they were good.
    Pulls:

BANNED

unless the shield gets rave reviews I might just stick to the fox....i mean god this is my march setup pull list online

1.Adventure Time#38
    2.All New Hawkeye#1
    3.Amazing Spider-Man#16
    4.Amazing Spider-Man#16.1
    5.Jem And The Holograms#1
    6.Ms Marvel#13
    7.MLP FIM#29
    9.Punisher#16
    10.Sonic Boom#6
    11.Sonic The Hedgehog#271
    12.Sonic Universe#74
    12.Spider-Gwen#2
    13.Unbeatable Squirrel Girl#3

looking at this list it's obvious something has got to go....more so if sabrina actually returns to being a regularly scheduled title

Oh, well thats cool. Kinda magic sounding. Kinda like Dr. Fate mixed with Thor maybe?

Did you ever read the Impact version of The Shield? I am going to order a bunch of them at the end of the month. Was wondering if they were good.
    I remember not being too fond of Shield or Web.
    Loved Comet, Fly, Jaguar and first couple issues of Black Hood.

unless the shield gets rave reviews I might just stick to the fox....i mean god this is my march setup pull list online

1.Adventure Time#38
    2.All New Hawkeye#1
    3.Amazing Spider-Man#16
    4.Amazing Spider-Man#16.1
    5.Jem And The Holograms#1
    6.Ms Marvel#13
    7.MLP FIM#29
    9.Punisher#16
    10.Sonic Boom#6
    11.Sonic The Hedgehog#271
    12.Sonic Universe#74
    12.Spider-Gwen#2
    13.Unbeatable Squirrel Girl#3

looking at this list it's obvious something has got to go....more so if sabrina actually returns to being a regularly scheduled title
    You could always drop #8. ;-)