Page 23 of 43 FirstFirst ... 1319202122232425262733 ... LastLast
    Writer At Comic Watch Dylan Davison's Avatar

Dark Circle July Solicitations:

TheShield2.jpg
    THE SHIELD #2
    NEW ONGOING SERIES FROM DARK CIRCLE!
    “Daughter of the Revolution, Part 2”

Running out of places to hide, the Shield discovers she is not without allies. Detective Nicole Simmons seems to know exactly who—and what—the Shield is, but with the enigmatic government agent Walter Chase closing the noose, the pair faces two difficult questions: why is the Shield back now… and whose side is she really on?

Script: Adam Christopher and Chuck Wendig
    Art: David Williams, Gary Martin, Rachel Deering, Kelly Fitzpatrick
    The Shield #2 CVR A Reg: David Williams
    The Shield #2 CVR B Variant: Steve Rude
    The Shield #2 CVR C Variant: Evan Shaner
    The Shield #2 CVR D Variant: Wilfredo Torres
    On Sale Date: 7/15
    32-page, full color comic
    $3.99 U.S.

Fox5Dino.jpg
    THE FOX #5
    The FOX HUNT reaches its cataclysmic conclusion with the biggest brawl in Dark Circle history!

“Fox Hunt, Part 5”: The Fox and She-Fox have invaded Mr. Smile’s evil headquarters and are on the attack against the final five deadly villains that stand between them and their son! As parents do battle for the fate of their son, blood, sweat tears and money are on the line—but the freak magnet and his super family are far from finished! This arc may be ending, but the Fox’s adventures continue on—if he can survive the final showdown with the dreaded IRON FOX! Featuring story, art and covers from the biggest names in comics, including variant art from Robert Hack, David Mack, Eli Powell and Bill Sienkiewicz!

Plot: Dean Haspiel
    Art: Dean Haspiel, John Workman and Allen Passalaqua
    Script: Mark Waid
    The Fox #5 CVR A Reg: Dean Haspiel
    The Fox #5 CVR B Variant: Robert Hack
    The Fox #5 CVR C Variant: David Mack
    The Fox #5 CVR D Variant: Eli Powell
    The Fox #5 CVR E Variant: Bill Sienkiewicz
    On Sale Date: 8/5
    Pulls:
    Coffin: La Muerta, Lady Death, Hellwitch. Valiant: Shadowman. DC: Poison Ivy.
    Check Out My Comic Reviews And More At Comic Watch!

I'm really enjoying Black Hood. Enjoyed the first issue of The Fox but it is definitely tonally different. Hard to imagine these in the same universe honestly.

Fantastic Member Bslythegamerguy's Avatar

http://bslydarksky.blogspot.com/2015...ck-hood-3.html

My review of The Black Hood #3 is now up!

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by midas73 View Post
    I'm really enjoying Black Hood. Enjoyed the first issue of The Fox but it is definitely tonally different. Hard to imagine these in the same universe honestly.
    No different than having Punisher and Squirrel Girl in the same universe.
    No different than having Deathstroke and Plastic Man in the same universe.
    Tonally each character can exist as they need to, if and until they need to co-exist.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Spectacular Member Tula's boyfriend's Avatar

I am enjoying and very excited about the Dark Circle Comics coming out. It gives me another company besides the big 2 to get invested and interested in. I wish more people will check out these comics and to get as many people as possible to spread the word. These comics deserve some great press for the stellar work being done. Everyone help spread the word!

Fantastic Member Bslythegamerguy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tula's boyfriend View Post
    I am enjoying and very excited about the Dark Circle Comics coming out. It gives me another company besides the big 2 to get invested and interested in. I wish more people will check out these comics and to get as many people as possible to spread the word. These comics deserve some great press for the stellar work being done. Everyone help spread the word!
    http://bslydarksky.blogspot.com/2015...ck-hood-3.html

http://bslydarksky.blogspot.com/2015...ing-ahead.html

http://bslydarksky.blogspot.com/2015...ck-hood-2.html

http://bslydarksky.blogspot.com/2015...lack-hood.html

I've been doing my part, thats for sure. I've been dedicating my blog to doing reviews for the Dark Circle Books for a while now as well as discussing the company in hopes of turning my 4k+ monthly readers into Dark Circle fans. Either which way it's been a pleasure to help spread the word for the company as I'm sure they need every reader they can aquire.

Hey guys, it is Free Comic Book Day! I can't make it today like I thought I would, but I had them pull the Dark Circle Comics preview, I can't wait to pick it up on Monday.
    Pulls:

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Power Torch View Post
    Hey guys, it is Free Comic Book Day! I can't make it today like I thought I would, but I had them pull the Dark Circle Comics preview, I can't wait to pick it up on Monday.
    I picked it up, and far as I can tell, it was primarily just reprinting pages from the first issues of Black Hood and The Fox.
    I read Valiant Comics, and you should too!

Archer & Armstrong / Bloodshot USA / Divinity III / Faith / Generation Zero / Harbinger: Renegade / Ninjak / Savage

Anxiously awaiting: Bloodshot: Salvation / Britannia II / Harbinger Wars 2 / Psi-Lords / Secret Weapons / Shadowman / War Mother / X-O Manowar

Seriously, why aren't you reading Valiant Comics?

Quote Originally Posted by ksbord View Post
    I picked it up, and far as I can tell, it was primarily just reprinting pages from the first issues of Black Hood and The Fox.
    That's what it looked like to me a well. There are a few pages toward the back of the book which feature some character design concept sketches of The Shield. They are interesting; but I was hoping for something more in the way of a preview for that title.
    Pull List: The Black Hammer, Bitch Planet, Copperhead, Hellboy/BPRD, Monstress, Ms. Marvel, Southern Cross

Twitter: @JavasaurusRex

Incredible Member

Should I read the Red Circle version of The Fox before starting the Dark Circle version of The Fox? I would prefer not to have to track the Red Circle books down, but will if I have to.

Quote Originally Posted by wwise03 View Post
    Should I read the Red Circle version of The Fox before starting the Dark Circle version of The Fox? I would prefer not to have to track the Red Circle books down, but will if I have to.
    I'm guessing that you are referring to the stories collected in the Red Circle "The Fox: Freak Magnet" trade. Having read them and the opening issue of the Dark Circle line, I would say that it's not essential reading. Personally, I enjoyed the Red Circle story; and liked having a bit more of the Fox's history and background. But the new arc is being written in a way that is accessible and friendly for newcomers.

If you find yourself enjoying the Dark Circle series, then you might want to track down the earlier stuff.
    Pull List: The Black Hammer, Bitch Planet, Copperhead, Hellboy/BPRD, Monstress, Ms. Marvel, Southern Cross

Finally Picked up Black Hood , 3 different type covers .Binge read all three , plowed right though them. Probably gong to reread. Holy Moley talk about a gritty! I was pleased with whats in store for this character. So yeah I'll be collecting this no problem. A good mixture of Crime Noir and Crime fighting. I like the look of the pages too, you really feel like your in the back alleys of Philly where just nothing good is taking place. Hoping to handcuff Black Hood with The Shield comic when it comes out.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Incredible Member

Didn't The Fox 2 come out this week? Any one have any thoughts to share?

I have it, have yet to read it, finals week is keeping me busy, I will for sure check it out and post about it this weekend!
    Pulls:

I just got through reading issue #2 of The Fox and really enjoyed it. It does a good job of building on the events of issue #1; and the pace definitely picks up quite a bit. Based on these first issues, it looks like the story is off to a good start and heading in a good direction. I'm looking forward to the rest of this arc.