Page 38 of 43 FirstFirst ... 28343536373839404142 ... LastLast

Black Hood is the only Dark Circle title ive been getting and unless Archie manage to get some stellar creative teams for future books my interest in Dark Circle dies with it.
    This line was mismanaged to ****.

Spectacular Member

What a shame, I haven't read any Shield other than some PD stuff, and got the first couple of issues, but no word from Archie/DC if the books are done or not? Bad form DC, bad form.

Drawing from what Segura said in the interview: the Black Hood, the Shield, and the Hangman are all done for now. There are 2 Dark Circle-related projects in the works; but they aren't saying anything beyond that. Not much to go on at his point.
    Pull List: The Black Hammer, Bitch Planet, Copperhead, Hellboy/BPRD, Monstress, Ms. Marvel, Southern Cross

Twitter: @JavasaurusRex

Quote Originally Posted by ComicFan70 View Post
    What a shame, I haven't read any Shield other than some PD stuff, and got the first couple of issues, but no word from Archie/DC if the books are done or not? Bad form DC, bad form.
    Uh, "DC" is usually used to mean a totally unrelated, much larger comic book company.
    Even in a thread about Dark Circle comics, I'm not sure how many people wouldn't automatically think you were referring to that other comic book company (who at different times licensed/published comic books with the Archie/Red Circle characters) when you use "DC".

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dark-Flux View Post
    Black Hood is the only Dark Circle title ive been getting and unless Archie manage to get some stellar creative teams for future books my interest in Dark Circle dies with it.
    This line was mismanaged to ****.
    You held in there. I quit once Shield #4 hit and they did the Black Hood reboot vs keeping it going with the numbering.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Too little, too late for me.

If I ever do get tempted to try this, I'd have to see a tpb collection available (so the story doesn't stop without having enough issues).

Question

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post

Too little, too late for me.

If I ever do get tempted to try this, I'd have to see a tpb collection available (so the story doesn't stop without having enough

issues).
    The Shield, The Jaguar, Steel Sterling, Fly-Girl(?)...who else?

K

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    How can we trust that the second issue's ever going to come out?

About the only way I'll read this is if it gets universal acclaim.
    Valiant- X-O Manowar / Bloodshot Salvation / Ninja-K / Quantum and Woody! / Shadowman / Harbinger Wars II / Brittania
    DC- Justice League / Hal Jordan and the GLC / The Flash / Aquaman / Mera / Mister Miracle / Silencer / The Terrifics
    Other- The Walking Dead / Mighty Morphin Power Rangers / Go Go Power Rangers

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

I feel Archie may have burned my support for independent comic universes for awhile. Dark Horse dropping the ball on theirs stung but Archie's was a hard last recent nail in me supporting a new comic universe.
    Maybe in a TPB but not buying the issues, if we can even be assured of multiple issues. The Shield was a mess in distribution and timeliness that hurt. We never saw The Web as promised. Disheartening.

Thank goodness for VALIANT!
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    I feel Archie may have burned my support for independent comic universes for awhile. Dark Horse dropping the ball on theirs stung but Archie's was a hard last recent nail in me supporting a new comic universe.
    Maybe in a TPB but not buying the issues, if we can even be assured of multiple issues. The Shield was a mess in distribution and timeliness that hurt. We never saw The Web as promised. Disheartening.
    And, unfortunately, Archie Comics track record of putting out their own superhero comics that last more than, say, five-or-six issues on even a semi-reliable regular schedule for at least the past +/-35 years or so has not been encouraging.
    Been there . . . done that . . . no thank you.

I'm just not feeling any excitement over this news. I would rather have seen them follow through and make good on publishing the Web – which they announced ages ago.
    Pull List: The Black Hammer, Bitch Planet, Copperhead, Hellboy/BPRD, Monstress, Ms. Marvel, Southern Cross

Twitter: @JavasaurusRex

Writer At Comic Watch Dylan Davison's Avatar

I know a lot of you seem down on it, but I'm gonna give it ago. I think a team book, with a chance for spin offs may be the right way to do this. Safer, I think Dark Horse should do something like this too.

It has my support haha.
    Pulls:
    Coffin: La Muerta, Lady Death, Hellwitch. Valiant: Shadowman. DC: Poison Ivy.
    Check Out My Comic Reviews And More At Comic Watch!

Quote Originally Posted by Kaine322 View Post
    The Shield, The Jaguar, Steel Sterling, Fly-Girl(?)...who else?

K
    The others appear to be Darkling (the lady in black), Comet (the guy with th "C") and the Web (the guy with the collar).
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    And, unfortunately, Archie Comics track record of putting out their own superhero comics that last more than, say, five-or-six issues on even a semi-reliable regular schedule for at least the past +/-35 years or so has not been encouraging.
    Been there . . . done that . . . no thank you.
    I have to agree.
    Archie has gained a bad rep with how they seem to shift focus with too many projects and not giving any one serious support before moving on to 'the next thing'.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.