Page 1 of 43 1234511 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Default Archie Comics: Dark Circle Comics (2015)

decided to make a thread for the overall discussion of the dark circle project and it's launch titles....so far I'm on the fence but I've already ruled out the black hood undecided on the shield but will probably look into the fox

Writer At Comic Watch Dylan Davison's Avatar

I will be checking out all 3, I am most excited for The Shield! She looks awesome. I thought I would post some info about the series so far, tonight I will start with the solicitations of the ones we know.

February 2015:

4242378-blackhood#1.jpg
    BLACK HOOD #1

NEW ONGOING SERIES from the brand new DARK CIRCLE imprint!
    “The Bullet’s Kiss – Part 1 of 5” When Philadelphia police officer Greg Hettinger stepped into the middle of a gunfight, hot lead shredded his face—and he pulled the trigger, blind. Now Greg is waking up in a world where he’s a killer, hopelessly scarred and hooked on painkillers. What does a man do when he can no longer face the world, yet still wants to do good? He puts on a hood…
    Script: Duane Swierczynski

Art: Michael Gaydos, Kelly Fitzpatrick, Rachel Deering
    Die-cut Cover: Michael Gaydos

Variant Covers: David Mack, Francesco Francavilla, Howard Chaykin, David Williams

On Sale Date: 2/25

32-page, full color comic

$3.99 U.S.

March 2015:
    BlackHood2FFvar.jpg
    BLACK HOOD #2

NEW SERIES FROM DARK CIRCLE!
    “The Bullet’s Kiss, Part 2” The acclaimed crime series continues with another dose of deadly noir by two masters of the genre. When you steal from the underworld, the underworld will come looking for you—even if you’re a cop. Greg Hettinger has unwittingly crossed the city’s most fearsome drug lord—a man only known as “The Connection,” who sends two of his most fearsome lieutenants after Greg. It’s one thing to have trouble come knocking on your front door. But it’s another when it’s already inside your house…

Art: Michael Gaydos, Rachel Deering, Kelly Fitzpatrick
    Cover: Francesco Francavilla
    Variant Covers: David Mack, Howard Chaykin

On Sale Date: 3/25
    $3.99 U.S.
    Last edited by Dylan Davison; 01-07-2015 at 05:08 AM.
    Pulls:
    Coffin: La Muerta, Lady Death, Hellwitch. Valiant: Shadowman. DC: Poison Ivy.
    Check Out My Comic Reviews And More At Comic Watch!

April 2015:
    Fox1.jpg
    THE FOX #1

NEW ONGOING SERIES FROM DARK CIRCLE!
    THE FOX is BACK! Emmy Award winning writer/artist Dean Haspiel (Billy Dogma, HBO’s Bored to Death) is once again united with Eisner award-winning writer Mark Waid (Daredevil, Thrillbent) for FOX HUNT: Part One “The Situation”: When a billionaire philanthropist prepares Paul Patton Jr’s home town for demolition, our hero is sent on assignment to photograph the event. But what strange force lurks in the shadows, and why will it take Paul’s alter-ego, THE FOX, to stop it? The answer is the beginning of a deadly FOX HUNT and you won’t believe what happens next! Don’t miss the debut issue from the critically-acclaimed team that brought you THE FOX: FREAK MAGNET, featuring FOUR all-new variant covers! With art from Dean Haspiel, David Mack, Thomas Pitilli, Ulises Farinas and Chris Samnee!

Plot/Art: Dean Haspiel
    Script: Mark Waid
    Art: Dean Haspiel, Jose Villarubia, and John Workman
    Cover: Dean Haspiel
    Variant Cover 1: Chris Samnee and Matt Wilson
    Variant Cover 2: David Mack
    Variant Cover 3: Ulises Farinas and Ryan Hill
    Variant Cover 4: Thomas Pitilli

On Sale Date: 4/8
    $3.99 U.S.

BlackHood-3FFvar-631ea.jpg

THE BLACK HOOD #3
    “The Bullet’s Kiss, Part 3” The Black Hood is supposed to be dead. Shot, de-masked, autopsied, buried. So who’s running around town in a ratty black hood, declaring war on the underworld? The City of Philadelphia is electrified by the fleeting glimpses they see on social media—but both the cops and the drug gangs want him stopped at all costs. However, the new Black Hood may not have to be stopped. He’s coming unglued all on his own…
    Art: Michael Gaydos, Rachel Deering, Kelly Fitzpatrick
    Cover: Francesco Francavilla
    Variant Cover: David Mack
    Variant Cover: Howard Chaykin
    Dark Circle Movie Throwback Variant Cover: Robert Hack
    On Sale Date: 4/22
    $3.99 U.S.
    June 2015:

TheShield-1-478a9.jpg

THE SHIELD #1
    “Daughter of the Revolution, Part 1” Since the dawn of the republic, whenever her country faces its blackest days, she returns: a spirit of the revolution sent to fight for what is right. But when she reappears for the first time in a generation with no memories—not even of her own identity—and encounters an evil force expecting her arrival, all the Shield can do is… run!
    Script: Adam Christopher and Chuck Wendig
    Art: David Williams, Gary Martin, Rachel Deering, Kelly Fitzpatrick
    Cover: David Williams
    Variant Cover: Wilfredo Torres
    Variant Cover: Andrew Robinson
    Variant Cover: Rafael Albuquerque
    Dark Circle Movie Throwback Variant Cover: Robert Hack
    On Sale Date: 6/17
    $3.99 U.S.

Updated with The Shield Info and April info
    Last edited by Dylan Davison; 03-16-2015 at 12:14 PM.
    Pulls:

BANNED

recently pre-ordered the david mack fox#1 cover....gonna pass on the black hood

Quote Originally Posted by Chrysalis_Changling View Post
    recently pre-ordered the david mack fox#1 cover....gonna pass on the black hood
    Ya its not for everyone, its seems like the darker one of the titles. But I may enjoy it. I like Duane's writing. But I do like Mack's cover for the Fox, I am going to get the normal one I think. I tend not to do variants. Though I may pick up all of Hacks variants when they come out (April maybe?) along with a normal cover for The Shield. I love the old movie poster style. Just looking at the variants they have, they picked some interesting people to work on these. I love them so far.
    Pulls:

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Power Torch View Post
    Ya its not for everyone, its seems like the darker one of the titles. But I may enjoy it. I like Duane's writing. But I do like Mack's cover for the Fox, I am going to get the normal one I think. I tend not to do variants. Though I may pick up all of Hacks variants when they come out (April maybe?) along with a normal cover for The Shield. I love the old movie poster style. Just looking at the variants they have, they picked some interesting people to work on these. I love them so far.
    yeah i might end up getting Hack's Fox Variant depending on what the other covers look like

yeah i might end up getting Hack's Fox Variant depending on what the other covers look like
    All the covers have been really good so far though. But I do love Hack's the best.

I also love the writers for each of the series, and am really interested to see Adam and Chuck do The Shield. They wrote some books before, but never comics. An interesting pick. I bought one of Adams books and I am liking it a lot so far.
    Last edited by Dylan Davison; 01-06-2015 at 05:15 AM.
    Pulls:

BANNED

I'm a little iffy about getting more than one of these titles due to my hard to control pull list

BANNED

Picking up Black Hood is a no brainer for me since it's the same guy who writes X.

The Fox seems cool, but Mark Waid hasn't written a good superhero in a while. So I'm on the fence.

The Shield looks like fun. She reminds me of Capt. Marvel

BANNED

unlike most publishers(outside the big two)archie seems to understand that people with powers aren't automatically superheroes...you gotta have this certain style and responsibility with superheroes

people with a costume....with an identity they themselves have created...those are superheroes

I, myself, will be passing on these.
    I have a limited budget for comics and chose the King Comics titles.
    If they had handled New Crusaders better then I might have given them more consideration.

Nevertheless, good luck to Archie with them.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Definitely picking up Black Hood, maybe Sheild, but I have no interest whatsoever, in The Fox...
    #MagnetoWasRight

I'm a little iffy about getting more than one of these titles due to my hard to control pull list
    Ya, I understand. My pull list is getting rather large too. But I am looking forward to all of these so much that I made room haha. But I get ya.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ninjak View Post
    Picking up Black Hood is a no brainer for me since it's the same guy who writes X.

The Fox seems cool, but Mark Waid hasn't written a good superhero in a while. So I'm on the fence.

The Shield looks like fun. She reminds me of Capt. Marvel
    Ya! Duane is amazing on every comic he has been on, plus he is really chill in person too. But Black Hood is going to be great.

Waid wrote the first Fox mini series and it was really well done. Dean does the plot so that may help you feel better. But the first Fox mini was good in my opinion.

And ya she looks really interesting, and tough. She looks like the kinda hero I would like I would love to read. I am not normally in to patriotic heroes. But I read some of the old Shield stuff and liked it, plus Adam and Chuck seem to plan something more then a patriotic hero. Plus I love kick butt female characters like she will most likely be. I am excited for her title.
    Last edited by Dylan Davison; 01-06-2015 at 12:50 PM.
    Pulls:

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Are these mini series or ongoing titles?
    I plan on getting the first arcs either way.

With DynaKey dissolving I'm looking to sample this.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    Are these mini series or ongoing titles?
    I plan on getting the first arcs either way.

With DynaKey dissolving I'm looking to sample this.
    They are all ongoings so far.

I am hoping this world will get more then just 3 series. Who would you guys want next? The Fly would be cool. Is The Web part of archie heroes?
    Last edited by Dylan Davison; 01-06-2015 at 02:10 PM.
    Pulls: