Page 41 of 43 FirstFirst ... 3137383940414243 LastLast
    The Son of Suns Clairaudient Freedom Soldier's Avatar

Check out the preview for issue #4, friends! Make yours the other DC (Dark Circle), you know what it is ...
    Take a couple of minutes and check out this new comic book, friends: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...no-more-crises

Fantastic Member

awesomesauce! I'm glad to see it. the same team is doing the Archie comics Super teens V.s. the Crusaders . I'm wondering if that is the reason Mighty Crusaders #5 hasn't been solicited yet.

I hope when the series resumes a lot of the MLJ heroes featured in the ST v Crusaders 2 ish mini get reintroduced in the mighty crusaders comic.

They're bringing back Doc Reeves! Awww yeah, kids! I also like the slight modification to the original Jaguar's look. Cool art by D Williams!
    Take a couple of minutes and check out this new comic book, friends: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...no-more-crises

Where are my Mighty Crusaders fans? You folks are too quiet. It's time to get the party started.

Fantastic Member

I'm eager for Mighty Crusaders #4 to come out. I want to know more about Etnernos! Archie Comics has a chance at a hit here! if they'd advertised more . I want to see the other Archies heroes show up like black jack.

Where are my Dark Circle fans? We just got another superb issue, amazing work by Flynn and Shannon. Sadly, it felt like the premature end of a series. To end on a brighter note, we got to see Private Lancelot Strong. I really hope this is not the end. Make yours the other DC (Dark Circle), folks!

If Mighty Crusaders #4 is in fact the end of the series, then it's sad news indeed. I've been avoiding the single issues and planning to just pick up this title in a collected format (if that happens). After experiencing the demise of the earlier Dark Circle titles, I've just been to cynical to get on board with this latest one.
    Pull List: The Black Hammer, Bitch Planet, Copperhead, Hellboy/BPRD, Monstress, Ms. Marvel, Southern Cross

Twitter: @JavasaurusRex

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

My copy is still in my every growing smaller stack of books to read but will get to it over the weekend.
    Quote Originally Posted by plasticman101 View Post
    The same team is doing the Archie comics Super teens V.s. the Crusaders . I'm wondering if that is the reason Mighty Crusaders #5 hasn't been solicited yet.
    I suppose we should've seen a solicit for an issue #5 by now though, yeah? Hope it's not cancelled but hey, The Shield never got a second arc so....

I was never too confident the title would ever see double digits based on Archie's recent past with the Dark Circle line.
    It's why I felt I could add Dynamites new Green Hornet title cause this would be dropping off sooner rather than later.
    Last edited by Captain Craig; 03-23-2018 at 07:25 AM.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Mighty Crusaders was the best team book on the market! I checked writer Ian Flynn's twitter, and my suspicions were confirmed: Flynn's March 21st tweet indicated that Mighty Crusaders #4 was issue 4 of 4. This is sad and disenchanting ...

I will miss my Crusader friends.

Quote Originally Posted by Clairaudient Freedom Soldier View Post
    Mighty Crusaders was the best team book on the market! I checked writer Ian Flynn's twitter, and my suspicions were confirmed: Flynn's March 21st tweet indicated that Mighty Crusaders #4 was issue 4 of 4. This is sad and disenchanting ...
    And this is also a reason why I know longer buy into Archie's Dark Circle comic books (though I will admit the four issues were at least published without excessive delays).
    How does Archie expect anybody to take them seriously when they can't even say if a book will have a limited number of issues or not?

Fantastic Member

Archie needs to sell itself to DC or Marvel.. or merge with Dynamite or some other indie co. there seems to be no urgency to succeed !

Mighty Crusaders was finally getting an on going And was a GREAT series to pick up, just for the action alone! I hope everyone here is getting the Archie Super Teens V.S the Crusaders 2 part mini... i'm going to enjoy it. the lesser seen heroes will be in this!!

I would like to see Archie sell off their Superhero line to say Dark Horse and merge that with their Comics Greatest World characters.
    I feel those could blend well and be a dynamic strong 4th Interconnected comic universe.

The rub is Mike Richardson has to interested, Archie has to be interested and then Richardson has to really push the line continuously. That may mean taking a few loses along the way but you have to play the long game to build loyalty and trust.
    That's a big reason I feel these lines don't work because they bail too early.

As noted by @MajorHoy we lose trust in their willingness to stay the course.

Quote Originally Posted by plasticman101 View Post
    Archie needs to sell itself to DC or Marvel.. or merge with Dynamite or some other indie co. there seems to be no urgency to succeed !
    I'm assuming Archie Comics should keep and continue to focus on their main Archie/ Jughead/ Betty/ Veronica/ etc. lines.
    It's the other areas (all the Dark Circle stuff, including the "horror" related titles) that they really have failed to handle properly.

Quote Originally Posted by Clairaudient Freedom Soldier View Post

I will miss my Crusader friends.
    Bummer but not surprising.
    Glad I went ahead and added the new Green Hornet series to my hold file at my LCS. Check out our new GH ongoing discussion thread to see if it might be of interest to you @ClairaudientFreedomSoldier
    Especially if you are looking for a non-Big2 replacement read.

Shame they're not continuing on with the new Crusaders series. I really, really enjoyed it. It did a fantastic job relating all the previous incarnations of the team together (given them all a common continuity), and was a good series in itself.

Maybe the best way to go for Archie on this is to do self-contained minis (sorta like what Titan is doing with Fighting American).