Page 12 of 43 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast

Wow. Comics and music being discussed in one place! I am officially in a state of bliss. LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by Javasaurus View Post
    Wow. Comics and music being discussed in one place! I am officially in a state of bliss. LOL.
    Let's just not get into the 8-track tape discussion.

And, yes, I still have some sitting around and collecting dust . . .

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Let's just not get into the 8-track tape discussion.

And, yes, I still have some sitting around and collecting dust . . .
    That certainly conjures up some distant listening memories. Love it.

Writer At Comic Watch Dylan Davison's Avatar

So good news guys, someone was wondering if the Dark Circle titles would get a subscription on Archie's website (for those who want print, but don't live close to a store. Or just like to get comics in the mail) because they weren't listed for subscriptions on Archie's site. Well I went ahead and asked Alex Segura about on twitter and he replied:

Screenshot_2015-02-10-10-43-57.jpg

So if you want a subscription from the ARichie website, looks like it will go up on the 25th!

Also love the music reference they made, thanks for letting me know what it meant guys haha. I had no idea.

And, just incase you guys were wondering what it looked like, I found the ad again for The Black Hood:

Screenshot_2015-02-09-21-01-45-1.jpg

I think it's very cool that they are putting ads online for it. Hope it helps!
    Last edited by Dylan Davison; 02-10-2015 at 11:52 AM.
    Pulls:
    Coffin: La Muerta, Lady Death, Hellwitch. Valiant: Shadowman. DC: Poison Ivy.
    Check Out My Comic Reviews And More At Comic Watch!

So I was listening to this podcast today (Link here) and they interviewed Alex Segura about Dark Circle Comics.

I am going to post the new basic highlights of the interview here so that you can read what was said (feel free to download it though, it was cool) which was some interesting stuff:

The Black Hood news:
    - It seems The Black Hood issue #1 will have some connection to a older Black Hood in some way, but you won't have to know anything about the older stuff to get it (this goes the same for the rest of the line, we already knew that you would not have to know anything from before). And on page 1 you will know everything you need to know.

The Fox news:
    - In The Fox, The Fox is being hunted and he is hunting someone, while being hunted himself. (Not sure if this is new info haha).
    - The Fox will be jumping all over the place in and outside of Impact City.

The Shield news:
    - The Shield takes place in Washington D.C.
    - The Shield will be a bit grounded in reality and a bit Super-heroics.
    - The Shield will be about America today, its not going to be about her fighting aliens or demons or monsters, but there will be a Super-heroic element to it of course.
    - The Shield will be dealing with conspiracies and the shadowy world of the US Government and the things we see on the news about our Government everyday (example headlines talking about something strange going on in our Government and the way we live).
    - We will find out overtime that she is not the new Shield, she is The Shield. And that after the first issue we will see for our self's that she has been the Shield since the start.
    - By the end of the first arc of The Shield you will have a sense of where Joe Higgins fits into this comic and the legacy, but it will mostly be about establishing this new character.
    - The Shield comic has very much of a action, superhero, conspiracy theory vibe.
    - The Shield won't be dealing with the right or the left, or any parties of the Government. She will be dealing with protecting this place and not taking a political stance and is more about right vs wrong. She will be dealing with the threats to the US.
    - This comic is very much a action title and will be about a Super-powered character finding her way and discovering her calling, which a lot of people can relate to. Which is what she faces in the first issue.

General News and Info for Dark Circle:
    - They are making sure to make the deadlines for the ongoing series.
    - They all have 5 issue arcs, then we will have a break for the trade paper backs to come out, in time for the next issue of the next arc to come out. This will make it easier to catch up if someone has to.
    - Alex says the closest example he could give is Saga where the arcs come out monthly, then they take a month or so break. Then come back to continue. This will also give the talent a chance to make deadlines and to keep the series going on time.
    - They are in good shape with how far the work is going.
    - They will be making new characters. There will be a new "big bad" in The Shield. The Black Hood will have new supporting characters and bad guys. But they will be digging though the archives to see which characters and villains are waiting to be polished off and presented in a new way.
    - The door will always be open to creating new characters and new characters for new series.
    - Its not off the table and they not ruling out crossovers or having them interact together in there own series.
    - At New York Comic Con Chuck, Duane and Dean were getting along so well and there was a lot of talk about how these books can play off each other. But we will be seeing the characters develop on there own at first.
    - What you may see early on is a hat tip here or there, if/when there is room to show nods to a shared universe they will do it, but they will not force it. Its story first.
    - They have some surprises up their sleeve for what we will see after April.
    Also in case you did not know Dark Circle has a website:
    http://darkcirclecomics.com/

A lot of Shield news, which fits, cause we know the least about her title. But I am super excited by what I heard. Not only for The Shield, but for the other two as well. Will be interested in reading page one of The Black Hood. Its almost here.

I am not sure how I feel about the 5 issues, then a month or so off. On one hand it will make the talent have more time, on the other I like getting my comics monthly. I hope its just a month in between. So for example: Shield #1 in April, #2 in May, #3 in June, #4 in July, #5 in Aug, then TPB #1 in Sept, Shield #6 in Oct. That would not be too bad. But I get why they are doing it. Interesting that they are picking 5 issues for an arc and not 6 like comics normally do. I guess its kinda like a small tv show, one episode a month, then a break and its start again. Not bad news though, just interesting (at least for me).

And I am interested to see the surprises they have up their sleeves.
    Last edited by Dylan Davison; 02-10-2015 at 10:02 PM.
    Pulls:

Quote Originally Posted by Power Torch View Post
    . . . I am not sure how I feel about the 5 issues, then a month or so off. On one hand it will make the talent have more time, on the other I like getting my comics monthly. I hope its just a month in between. So for example: Shield #1 in April, #2 in May, #3 in June, #4 in July, #5 in Aug, then TPB #1 in Sept, Shield #6 in Oct. That would not be too bad. But I get why they are doing it. Interesting that they are picking 5 issues for an arc and not 6 like comics normally do.
    I don't mind the one month off between arcs as long as it's only one month and they are clear about this after the end of the five months, like maybe a "back in two months" mention at the end of the fifth issue.

And I've seen quite a few five-month arcs / collections from other companies as well, so it can vary depending on companies and stories.

Fantastic Member Bslythegamerguy's Avatar

Why not just take the month off and then relaunch with a new #1.....? Would generate more buzz that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Bslythegamerguy View Post
    Why not just take the month off and then relaunch with a new #1.....? Would generate more buzz that way.
    Who knows . . . maybe they'll do that.

The only problem with that method is that after a while, will anybody really care about "Oh, look, a new #1 issue!" after a while. (How much is Marvel pulling that gimmick becoming a joke, and are all those new #1's for a series every couple of years becoming any less effective yet?)

The only problem with that method is that after a while, will anybody really care about "Oh, look, a new #1 issue!" after a while. (How much is Marvel pulling that gimmick becoming a joke, and are all those new #1's for a series every couple of years becoming any less effective yet?)
    That's an interesting point.

Oddly enough; a few weeks a ago I was standing around in my LCS while the owner was chatting some other customers, and someone jokingly threw out a similar comment. His was response was basically "People tend to buy stuff if you slap a #1 on the cover".

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

I don't mind the one month off between arcs as long as it's only one month and they are clear about this after the end of the five months, like maybe a "back in two months" mention at the end of the fifth issue.

And I've seen quite a few five-month arcs / collections from other companies as well, so it can vary depending on companies and stories.
    I don't mind it either. VALIANT has done that with RAI to allow Clayton Crain the time he needs for the art and I'm guessing sales are strong/consistent cause they have him through at least issue #12 with that title taking up to 3 months off between arcs.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Who knows . . . maybe they'll do that.

They said in the podcast if I recall, that it was going to keep the same numbers. I believe that is what was said. Should have wrote that down with what I wrote haha.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    I don't mind it either. VALIANT has done that with RAI to allow Clayton Crain the time he needs for the art and I'm guessing sales are strong/consistent cause they have him through at least issue #12 with that title taking up to 3 months off between arcs.
    Really it takes 3 months off? o.o thats crazy.

I asked Alex about how long the break would be. He said "TBD" (To be Determined) so looks like they are still figuring that out. But I hope its only one or two months. 3, to me, seems like a long time. But as long as it is still coming out and not canceled I guess I would not care too much. Just as long as they let us know how long in till it comes back. I mean it is a great idea for the talents to keep deadlines and keep the stuff top quality.
    Pulls:

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Power Torch View Post
    So I was listening to this podcast today (Link here) and they interviewed Alex Segura about Dark Circle Comics.

I am not sure how I feel about the 5 issues, then a month or so off. On one hand it will make the talent have more time, on the other I like getting my comics monthly. I hope its just a month in between. So for example: Shield #1 in April, #2 in May, #3 in June, #4 in July, #5 in Aug, then TPB #1 in Sept, Shield #6 in Oct. That would not be too bad. But I get why they are doing it. Interesting that they are picking 5 issues for an arc and not 6 like comics normally do. I guess its kinda like a small tv show, one episode a month, then a break and its start again. Not bad news though, just interesting (at least for me).

And I am interested to see the surprises they have up their sleeves.
    Well look at it like this September is a rather busy month.

1) Back to school
    2) Back to college
    3) High school football
    4) pro football
    5) college football
    6) new Madden game
    7) tv shows dvd sets coming out
    8) baseball coming to an end
    9) Dc new 52 anniversary

I would say from a money standpoint taking that month off does work.

You give folks a month to read the trade. Be interesting to see that trade price-if it's 10 bucks.

You can always make issue 6 double size.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Well look at it like this September is a rather busy month.

1) Back to school
    2) Back to college
    3) High school football
    4) pro football
    5) college football
    6) new Madden game
    7) tv shows dvd sets coming out
    8) baseball coming to an end
    9) Dc new 52 anniversary

I would say from a money standpoint taking that month off does work.

You give folks a month to read the trade. Be interesting to see that trade price-if it's 10 bucks.

You can always make issue 6 double size.
    Ya, I would not mind the break, as long as it's not to long. Good for the talents, good for catching up, and good for a wallet break haha.

But I am so excited for the 25th! Almost time for Black Hood to start!
    Pulls:

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chrysalis_Changling View Post
    i vote the jaguar since i really loved the jaguar that was in new crusaders and was disappointed that more wasn't done with her
    Didn't follow New Crusaders but glad to see some element of Impact's female Jaguar carried over into Archie's Red Circle and hopefully into Dark Circle as well. Jaguar was barely onboard DC's last go around.

Quote Originally Posted by alton View Post
    Didn't follow New Crusaders but glad to see some element of Impact's female Jaguar carried over into Archie's Red Circle and hopefully into Dark Circle as well. Jaguar was barely onboard DC's last go around.
    I actually just caught up on New Crusaders. Its a good comic I like it a lot. But Jaguar has to be the best character from that series, at least for me haha. So I may ask about her at SDCC. I would love a mini or ongoing for her.

Also Dark Circle shared this, looks like Alex got some printed copies today! Just thought I would share haha.
    Pulls: