Page 14 of 43 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast
    Writer At Comic Watch Dylan Davison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bslythegamerguy View Post
    That is really cool! I love it. I hope they do the same for The Fox and The Shield. Would love to hear what they sound like haha.

Here is a link to the youtube, without the article.
    http://youtu.be/cL6JLrYRh1s
    Pulls:
    Coffin: La Muerta, Lady Death, Hellwitch. Valiant: Shadowman. DC: Poison Ivy.
    Check Out My Comic Reviews And More At Comic Watch!

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

I tried Valiant and while it was great at the start I began to see a dip in quality about a year in. After that with the relaunches, changes, and stories I didn't care about I chose not to go back.
    I can't agree with your perception unless the only book you were buying was Shadowman, that was the weak link of the first year.
    Q&W was a mixed bag but the quality of it's core was solid those first two years.

If you've chosen to miss out on The Valiant, Imperium & Divinity then that's a choice you've made but I feel you're missing out by approaching any publisher with a "the door is always shut once I leave" mentality. With that mindset, if you stay true and honest to that conviction, you will indeed be out of the traditional US comic scene fairly soon.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

I'll let you know how this next arc of XO is ( Deadhand) it looks like itll be something epic, but VEI let me down with Armor Hunters. Back to Dark Circle though ( this is a DCircle thread) Ill defintely be picking up Black Hood, love Duane's work on X, so Ill be following him into Dark Circle as well.

Fantastic Member Bslythegamerguy's Avatar

I'd really love to organize some form of fan club for Dark Circle eventually, or some where we can "build the army" so to speak. Any ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Aomalle27 View Post
    I'll defintely be picking up Black Hood, love Duane's work on X, so Ill be following him into Dark Circle as well.
    This is a large factor for me as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    This is a large factor for me as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aomalle27 View Post
    I'll let you know how this next arc of XO is ( Deadhand) it looks like itll be something epic, but VEI let me down with Armor Hunters. Back to Dark Circle though ( this is a DCircle thread) Ill defintely be picking up Black Hood, love Duane's work on X, so Ill be following him into Dark Circle as well.
    Ya, that is a huge reason I am picking up The Black Hood. I love Duane's writing. I am so excited for Wednesday.

I most likely asked this before, but do you guys plan to check out the other two titles? I am hoping that Duane opens the door to all of Dark Circle for his fans haha. So more people will read all the titles, or at least some of them. So just wondering.

I'd really love to organize some form of fan club for Dark Circle eventually, or some where we can "build the army" so to speak. Any ideas?
    Facebook group maybe? The PBS group grew pretty fast. I was thinking about making one maybe. After these series came out.

Also Washington Post Interviews Alex about The Black Hood.
    Pulls:

I was going/am going to get all 3 of the titles. Duane being involved on one just made it easier to commit on one.

I'm on a VALIANT Facebook group and it's got a healthy number of fairly active persons.
    I enjoy the PBS Facebook group. The reviews, the art, interviews etc that get posted are a welcome addition to my notifications list.
    If Dark Circle had one I'd join.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    I was going/am going to get all 3 of the titles. Duane being involved on one just made it easier to commit on one.

I'm on a VALIANT Facebook group and it's got a healthy number of fairly active persons.
    I enjoy the PBS Facebook group. The reviews, the art, interviews etc that get posted are a welcome addition to my notifications list.
    If Dark Circle had one I'd join.
    I totally get that. I am glad they are doing previews on free comic book day. That way people who just pick up one or two title can sample the others and see what they think.

I also on a side note I just hope that the other two titles get just as much interviews, previews and post/trailers and push as The Black Hood has. I get its the first in the 3, but they all need the publicity. But I am sure they will, it was just a thought haha.

I will most likely make a facebook tonight then maybe.

USA Today talks about The Black Hood and has a 2 page art preview for issue 2!
    I love the art for this book!
    Pulls:

Incredible Member

Is anyone concerned about Archie's recent track record of delaying their books (Sabrina and Afterlife)? That is really what has killed the excitement of this launch for me. I'm thinking I may sit tight until I see that they are truly committed to these books.

Quote Originally Posted by wwise03 View Post
    Is anyone concerned about Archie's recent track record of delaying their books (Sabrina and Afterlife)? That is really what has killed the excitement of this launch for me. I'm thinking I may sit tight until I see that they are truly committed to these books.
    Those titles were delayed for different reasons that don't affect these. Sabrina's writer became in charge of writing the pilot for Riverdale for the tv show, so it was delayed. So there is no reason to think that those delaying effect these titles at all. If they delayed it will be for different reasons, but I don't think they will be delayed haha. Duane, and Waid/Dean have never had huge problems with delays or any problems with it, as far as I know XD. And Chuck and Adam have never done comics before, but they right novels so I am sure they know how to make a deadline and them seem very dedicated to it haha.

But Archie seems really dedicated to these titles. And they have a plan to try to allow the talents to catch up and not delay the titles. They are five issue arcs, then they take a break for the trade, then 5 more issues and repeated haha. They are doing whatever they can to fight and stop delays. So I hope it works lol.
    Last edited by Dylan Davison; 02-24-2015 at 05:10 PM.
    Pulls:

Today is the day! The Black Hood #1 is out! I am heading to the comic book store now, will let you all know what I think later. I am excited!
    Pulls:

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Power Torch View Post
    Today is the day! The Black Hood #1 is out! I am heading to the comic book store now, will let you all know what I think later. I am excited!
    I read it a little while ago. I really enjoyed it. Looking forward to the next issue.

Man! The Black Hood was great. A wonderful, crime, noirish, Superhero book, not only was the writing, story, art all good. But so was the cover. Not sure if that is all Archie covers, but it was quality paper and cover (which had a strange texture too it, which was cool), it was all way worth the 3.99 price.

My store had a few on a table for sale, of all the covers and such. I pre-ordered mine. But they were pushing them, and they said a few other people came in and picked it up. So that makes me happy.

But again this story was great. Duane writing about his own city, in his own grim way is amazing and Gaydos was a great pick for this title. They both work really well together, as well the rest of the talent/staff on this title. I can't wait for issue 2 in March. They had some nice ads in the book, and even a ad for Duane's Canary novel, which I am so going to buy soon.

They also have a letter page, so email some letters guys or mail them if you want guys:
    letters@darkcirclecomics.com or Black Hood C/O Dark Circle Comics P.O. Box #419 Mamaroneck, NY 10543-0419
    I would send one, but I am waiting for The Shield to send one in haha.

Also if you guys what a subscription for The Black Hood (the others are coming soon) you can get one from Archie here.
    If you want it digitally, you can get them here.

They have also had some cool reviews, which some, if I recall have spoilers, so warning:
    ComicBastards.com gave it a 5 out of 5!
    Fandom Post gave it a B+
    Newsarama gave it a 8 out of 10!
    Den of Geeks gave it a 5 out of 5!
    Comic Crusaders gave it a 4.5 out of 5!
    Rhymes with Geek gave it a 10 out of 10!

Those are some nice reviews! I can't wait for issue #2 on March 25th!
    Last edited by Dylan Davison; 02-25-2015 at 10:10 PM.
    Pulls:

I want to check out Black Hood! Always down for some new Superhero ideas!

Fantastic Member Bslythegamerguy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Anjohl View Post
    I want to check out Black Hood! Always down for some new Superhero ideas!
    It didn't really bring any new ideas to the table more than it expanded upon ideas of the past and mastered them through amazing writing and art.

I loved this book. Seriously, I did. You know Black Hood is going to eventually bang his speech therapist, it's just a matter of how long, lol....