Page 15 of 43 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast

I got #1 on preorder. Should get it in a couple of days.

Ive been kinda cool of Dwayne Schwersinske in the past though, having dropped X and Judge Dredd early on and having found his Bloodshot run to be the weakest of the title so far at Valiant. m thinking Black Hood might be a bit too bleak for my liking. Shield might be more my bag.

Still, i'll give it a shot. Dem Francavilla covers!

Writer At Comic Watch Dylan Davison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dark-Flux View Post
    I got #1 on preorder. Should get it in a couple of days.

Ive been kinda cool of Dwayne Schwersinske in the past though, having dropped X and Judge Dredd early on and having found his Bloodshot run to be the weakest of the title so far at Valiant. m thinking Black Hood might be a bit too bleak for my liking. Shield might be more my bag.

Still, i'll give it a shot. Dem Francavilla covers!
    I don't know if bleak is the word. But it is dark and grim, but it really is a fun read. And the art is amazing, it's really good. But I understand it may not be for everyone, but glad you are giving it a chance. And yes "Dem Francavilla covers" I agree! They are amazing.

But if The Shield is more you bag then that's great! I am personally, really, excited for The Shield in April. After reading a bit of Adam's work and Chuck's work (in novels) I can say they have some great writing skills. And looking though David Williams art on Deviantart he also has some amazing skills. Both writers seem very excited about this new title, at least on twitter and facebook haha. So I am hoping for something wonderful out of The Shield.

I also can't wait to see if they will have a panel at this year's SDCC!

Also here is another great review everyone:
    All Comic gave The Black Hood #1 a 4 out of 5!
    Pulls:
    Coffin: La Muerta, Lady Death, Hellwitch. Valiant: Shadowman. DC: Poison Ivy.
    Check Out My Comic Reviews And More At Comic Watch!

I just finished reading Black Hood #1 and found a lot to like about it.

The cover alone was pretty cool in the way it feels and transitions into to first page; and the art has an emotional quality to it that pairs well with the writing.

It does seem to have a dark tone to it as others here have mentioned. But for me, that just sets the stage for more interesting development as the hero tries to come to terms with his new circumstances. I'll definitely be on board for the rest of this first arc to see how the story evolves.

If the The Fox and The Shield are on par with this in terms of quality, then there is going to be some good reading ahead.

Hey guys!

I got the Favebook fan page up and running! I plan on asking some of the creators/talents to join soon, at least the ones I am friends with on facebook. But please join the group guys! It could be a great place to chat, other then here.

Dark Circle (Archie) Fan Page
    Last edited by Dylan Davison; 02-27-2015 at 05:04 AM.
    Pulls:

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Power Torch View Post
    I actually just caught up on New Crusaders. Its a good comic I like it a lot. But Jaguar has to be the best character from that series, at least for me haha. So I may ask about her at SDCC. I would love a mini or ongoing for her.

Also Dark Circle shared this, looks like Alex got some printed copies today! Just thought I would share haha.
    Thanks for the share I just got online today and didn't see this until now. Jaguar,Jaguar,Jaguar is all I gotta say.

BANNED

i gotta wonder....with the shield being from the revolutionary war how is she in the modern world?! better yet did she have to disguise herself as a man if she truly did fight alongside the patriots in the revolutionary war because women had way way less freedom back then and it's hard to believe that they'd willingly allow a woman to lead them into battle

Quote Originally Posted by Chrysalis_Changling View Post
    i gotta wonder....with the shield being from the revolutionary war how is she in the modern world?! better yet did she have to disguise herself as a man if she truly did fight alongside the patriots in the revolutionary war because women had way way less freedom back then and it's hard to believe that they'd willingly allow a woman to lead them into battle
    We will have to wait and see. We know that she shows up whenever she is needed, but how and why she has no memory this time is the mystery. I trust the writers to do a good job, they are talented.

Also I would guess that she would not care if they did not want woman to fight. She would just do it and win. But I guess we will see how it is done. And how she fought.
    Last edited by Dylan Davison; 02-28-2015 at 03:47 AM.
    Pulls:

BANNED

perhaps she's an alien

Quote Originally Posted by Chrysalis_Changling View Post
    perhaps she's an alien
    Or else she's going to steal Uncle Sam's origin and become the fighting spirit of America?

BANNED

did aliens make her costume?

Picked up issue #1 of BHood and loved it. The gritty/ noirish writing was complemented well by the "grainy" artwork. Had a grindhouse feel and look to it. The funky cover stock was cool too, it had a grainy/gritty/ sandpaper feel to the touch. a nice addition, rivaling VEI's premium format cover stock.

Quote Originally Posted by Aomalle27 View Post
    Picked up issue #1 of BHood and loved it. The gritty/ noirish writing was complemented well by the "grainy" artwork. Had a grindhouse feel and look to it. The funky cover stock was cool too, it had a grainy/gritty/ sandpaper feel to the touch. a nice addition, rivaling VEI's premium format cover stock.
    I loved that stock, it felt really cool. I hope they do stuff like that for The Fox and The Shield issue 1. It really made it feel like a quality comic.
    Pulls:

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Finally got around to Black Hood #1 this weekend, really solid debut.
    Overall I grade it a 4 of 5 star read

The pacing was well done. Within the book we jump ahead at various times to about 4/5months post his accident. This is accompanied by solid writing and art that shows where his mentality is going while he "recovers", aka sulks really. The paper stock of the book was a unique choice but very durable and that perhaps assisted the art. The saturation level of the papers stock with the ink worked well with the gritty, semi-out of focus viewpoint I felt the art was conveying. It's Philly, or Killadelphia, and the world of the Black Hood is one with lots of grays so the art reflected that. It's not a shining, polished Metropolis of perfection.

I still feel the need to get into Greg Hettinger's mind some more. From this issue I don't get a whole lot of motive to be the Black Hood other than it's an escape. An escape from the depression at his scarring. The inner psychosis at play of him "not being handsome", being able to defuse a situation with his smile. I think the Greg that is jumping into action at the end is the same Greg responding at the start of the book, regarding justice and doing what's right but everything in between those pages also has given Greg some issues. Black Hood is how he's going to deal with that it seems.

As an observation I'll point out how I smiled and chuckled at the last line of the issue...I am the Black Hood.
    This similar line was used with the Shadowman #1 relaunch in Nov '12, last line of the issue...I'm the Shadowman.
    The difference is that the pacing and story were crafted so as that last line not feeling silly. The issue spans 4/5 months. In Shadowman it was mere days and felt rushed.

I look forward to issue #2 as well as the debut of The Fox.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

did not want to start a thread, but what is going on with Afterlife?

no updates anywhere, all i see is dozens of covers by FF