Page 18 of 43 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920212228 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mando View Post
    I wonder how long they can keep up the newsstand stuff though. There must be a reason why companies like Marvel just stopped.

Also, Archie has hundreds of trades. They've been in B&N and other spots for what must be twenty years.
    because comic books eventually became a niche hobby and it was too risky to place comic books in places like grocery stores archie on the other hand can risk it because it's freaking archie and most of the time anyone who buys a digest does it at an impulse buy they have a lot of content for $4.99(more than what You'd get from $3.99 comic books)

Quote Originally Posted by Mando View Post
    I wonder how long they can keep up the newsstand stuff though. There must be a reason why companies like Marvel just stopped.
    Simple reasons?

* Many stores that use to carry them don't want to be bothered any more . . . the chain drug stores, supermarkets, etc. can make more money carrying other products without dealing with the hassles of constantly straightening out and restocking the comic racks / sections
    * Marvel didn't want to waste the time / money on newsstand copies. Unlike books sold by local comic book shops, unsold copies of newsstand versions were RETURNABLE, and why should Marvel print all those extra copies that may not sell? (And when I use to work decades ago at a Waldenbooks, the way comic books were returned was that the store only had to send back the cover to get full credit . . . companies didn't want to pay the cost of postage for the full comic books as well.)

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

I'm committing to getting the first arc of each title. My list of cancelled/ended titles is helping me make these commitments for Dark Circle.
    Recently ended/cancelled from my pulls list:
    Ghost, Turok, Magnus, Aquaman & the Others and Swamp Thing with X, Captain Midnight, Solar Man of the Atom & Justice League Dark next in line.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    I'm committing to getting the first arc of each title. My list of cancelled/ended titles is helping me make these commitments for Dark Circle.
    Those are my plans too, since I have a similar situation.

Ghost ended last month; and there are four mini series on my list that are slated to end in the next 2-3 months. That should balance out things and free up some budget space to check out these new titles and support them if they pan out.

BANNED

they put this on Comixology. any good?

Writer At Comic Watch Dylan Davison's Avatar

I liked it, I bought some old ones online and read the ones they put up digitally. Its a interesting take.

Also, hey guys! Now is your chance to read The Black Hood #1 for free! According to Dark Circle's Twitter, just use the code HOOD here:

http://t.co/NQKcZorZWU
    Pulls:
    Coffin: La Muerta, Lady Death, Hellwitch. Valiant: Shadowman. DC: Poison Ivy.
    Check Out My Comic Reviews And More At Comic Watch!

Whoa, they put the !mpact stuff on Comixology? That's freakin' cool- I hate it when these licensed comics get lost in legal limbo.

Quote Originally Posted by Jody Garland View Post
    Whoa, they put the !mpact stuff on Comixology? That's freakin' cool- I hate it when these licensed comics get lost in legal limbo.
    Yep! Its really cool. I hope they put a bunch more stuff up there. Not just the impact stuff.
    Pulls:

Here is a video from the 10th of March that is a interview with CEO Jon Goldwater from Archie comics, in it he talks a bit about Dark Circle and a few other stuff. Just thought I would share the important stuff he said here:

This starts about 6 min and 18 secs in;
    "Dark Circle launches with Black Hood.....followed by The Fox in March, then The Shield coming in April, and then many more. But Dark Circle for Archie is a very important initiative and step forward and we are going to be putting a lot of energy, effort and money behind Dark Circle."
    He then goes on to talk about Archie properties on TV, movies and cartoons, he also says; (starts around 8 mins and 15 secs);
    "....and we look to get some of the Dark Circle properties as well up into entertainment. You know hopefully that's not to far around the corner either........A Fox animated series would be fun, that would be great."
    So who knows, we may get some Dark Circle in other media. That would be cool! I would love a Dark Circle cartoon with all four characters (and whoever else shows up) with different episodes focused on different characters (so like a Shield story in one, a Black Hood in the other, and a Fox in a different episode, with some cross over maybe). I would be interesting to see if these characters could make it in to live action stuff or even cartoons. That would be awesome.

Also guys, don't forget, The Fox #1's cut off date for orders is Monday, so if you want to get it on April 8th order it soon! I am excited for it.
    Last edited by Dylan Davison; 03-14-2015 at 03:43 PM.
    Pulls:

Fantastic Member Bslythegamerguy's Avatar

I have the feeling Dark Circle is going to be a "get what you put in" kinda thing for Archie. If they put a lot of resources into it they'll get a lot out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bslythegamerguy View Post
    I have the feeling Dark Circle is going to be a "get what you put in" kinda thing for Archie. If they put a lot of resources into it they'll get a lot out of it.
    Which they seem to be doing so far, and have planed to put a lot into it. As Goldwater said, they are putting a lot of energy and money in to it. Which is always a good thing.
    Pulls:

Quote Originally Posted by Power Torch View Post
    Which they seem to be doing so far, and have planed to put a lot into it. As Goldwater said, they are putting a lot of energy and money in to it. Which is always a good thing.
    Yeah and Dark Horse was dedicated to PBS as they noted in interviews and letter pages of the books. I'll believe it when I see it. But I DO want to believe it.
    Last edited by Bslythegamerguy; 03-14-2015 at 04:42 PM.

BANNED

little disappointed we haven't seen a small glimpse at the interior art for the shield.....

Quote Originally Posted by Chrysalis_Changling View Post
    little disappointed we haven't seen a small glimpse at the interior art for the shield.....
    The previews for The Fox #1 just came out, and it comes out on the 8th. Previews for The Shield are not really due yet, at least not till we get closer. Maybe closer to the end of this month. Believe me, I would love to see some now haha, but it's a bit early.

I do hope that The Fox and The Shield get launch trailers as well. Would love to see them in action and hear them.
    Pulls:

According to the June solicitations The Shield has already been delayed...

Not a good sign.