Page 30 of 43 FirstFirst ... 2026272829303132333440 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Also a couple of big interviews with the creators at The Washington Post and Entertainment Weekly - the EW one has a big preview of lettered pages.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

I've got my copy of Shield #1 and I've flipped through it. I'll say the art is for sure very appealing and I can't wait to get to it but I'm a bit back logged.
    Hoping to read some posters thoughts over the coming days on this!
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

The Shield #1....
    Ok; while I wasn't blown away by this entry into the Dark Circle family, I think part of that is due to my elevated expectations due to the several delays on this title. I don't know if those expectations could have even been achieved. That said; an interesting set up, kinda reminds me of the 70's Hulk TV show. Woman on the run; not really sure who she is; a shadowy threat. Interesting stuff; hopefully it leads into bigger and better things; good enough for me to continue with this opening arc. Looking forward to The Hangman; and of course The Black Hood's return. Wondering why we've received no word on further adventures of The Fox.

I'm late getting to my Shield #1 comments as well, just read it a few days ago.
    I was impressed, raised expectations and all due to the delays. Found the art to be top notch!
    So, Victoria Adams is immortal? reincarnates? rises from dead? It did seem the same 1776 Shield we saw was the same Ms.Adams we saw in our present, her flashbacks also seem to indicate that. Looking forward to more.

The Dark Circle family is strengthened by this title's inclusion. Bring on The Web!

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    I'm late getting to my Shield #1 comments as well, just read it a few days ago.
    I was impressed, raised expectations and all due to the delays. Found the art to be top notch!
    So, Victoria Adams is immortal? reincarnates? rises from dead? It did seem the same 1776 Shield we saw was the same Ms.Adams we saw in our present, her flashbacks also seem to indicate that. Looking forward to more.

The Dark Circle family is strengthened by this title's inclusion. Bring on The Web!
    I believe that the Hangman #1 is supposed to land next week. If it's debut is as good as that of The Shield, then it seems that Dark Circle is picking up some momentum. Add to that the return of the Black Hood, and it looks like Dark Circle is making a statement here in the latter part of 2015.
    Pull List: The Black Hammer, Bitch Planet, Copperhead, Hellboy/BPRD, Monstress, Ms. Marvel, Southern Cross

Twitter: @JavasaurusRex

Read Black Hood #6 last night. Chaykin's art on Greg to me feels like a very Harvey/Two-Face lite look. I know it's hard to probably NOT have that comparison and it's not a complaint, just an observation. The story about being in recovery was a good one and I appreciated the signs of growth that Greg as a character is making. It also shows that no matter what a pretty face can lead one astray and keep one off balance. I'd like to see Greg learn from this mistake, treat it as a growth point and then when/if a pretty face tries to "play" him again, he shows some caution. Let's see how this wraps up, it's a two issue arc, yes?

Hangman #1 tomorrow!!!
    The Web #1 to follow in Dec?
    When do I hear about The Fox's return? What is my favorite skulk up to now?!!

BANNED

I'll be picking up The Hangman. Some sources are saying that it's darker than Black Hood. I'm sorry, is that even possible lol? Haven't checked out The Shield yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    Let's see how this wraps up, it's a two issue arc, yes?

Hangman #1 tomorrow!!!
    The Web #1 to follow in Dec?
    When do I hear about The Fox's return? What is my favorite skulk up to now?!!
    Nope; this was a standalone issue , next solicit is for the start of a new crusaders arc; though we don't have word yet if it the actual new crusaders.

Hangman #1; holy friggin crap, this was a punch in the face opening/premier issue. Wow; did it ever surpass my expectations. Worst part; I gotta wait a month for issue #2. Great art, it really suits the gothic/dark feel of the title; a moody strange concoction. Love the atypical start too; family breakfast juxtaposed to the awful scene that follows; genius. Dark Circle; you've done it again.

Didnt care for The Shield #1. The writing lacked any real punch. This. Thing. Was. Annoying. And the art wasnt particularly inspiring. Didnt really get any kind of feel of the character or why I should care.
    Im gonna sit this series out. Might check out the trade if i hear it improves, but this issue really rubbed me the wrong way.

Hangman #1 - very, very good debut issue. I felt this read a bit more Punisher-esque than Black Hood did. We did get the supernatural vibe there at the end which leaves a number of questions. Namely---is there more than one Hangman?

Sorry you didn't like Shield #1 Dark-Flux, it seems most have liked the first issue. What was annoying? What type of "feel for the character" were you expecting/hoping.
    What I got was that Victoria doesn't fully remember who she is(why is that? accident? rebirth?) and was having flashes of memory recall. For me, I found that an interesting hook. Basically, what elements need to hook you going forward that lacked beyond the 'feel' aspect you mention. I think we'd like to point those things out to you in posts if we can. I loved the art, it felt very real, not cartoony or manga and I'd wager that isn't going to change during this arc at least.

BANNED

I liked The Shield #1 a lot. It reminds me of the short-lived Fox show John Doe. I like how everything is a mystery, even to the reader.

The Hangman #1 is just downright creepy. Similar to a poster above, I'm also getting some supernatural vibes from this.

Whenever, I thought of Archie Comics. I was thought of Jughead, Sonic & Mega Man. Now I have to add a man being eaten to death by rats to that list haha.

Question: Does Archie/Dark Circle have more heroes to offer?

BANNED

Getting all these new Dark Circle books! I have all these Archie characters appearance since the 70s, no reason to stop.

I liked how they revealed THE SHIELD/s history. Cant wairt for the Hangman (which I picked up this week but have not read) and the web!

BANNED

so how many of you are staying on board with the shield?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Chrysalis_Changling View Post
    so how many of you are staying on board with the shield?

I am. I want her mystery to unravel slowly, don't want to be rushed.