Page 31 of 43 FirstFirst ... 2127282930313233343541 ... LastLast

Definitely sticking with the Shield. While I wasn't blown away; I think my expectations were unreasonably high due to the constant delays. Im willing to give it a go (at least thefirst arc) cause it did have enough to pique my interest and the art was fantastic.

Quote Originally Posted by Chrysalis_Changling View Post
    so how many of you are staying on board with the shield?
    I am too. Wasn't planning on getting it, but really liked the first issue.

Also really liked the first issue of Hangman (some excellent art and striking coloring in it -- and coloring hardly ever catches my eye).

Will be more willing to give the Web a shot now. These Dark Circle books have really impressed so far.

BANNED

are we expecting another delay with the shield? cause my website of choice has the second and third issue both stated to come out November 18th

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ninjak View Post
    Question: Does Archie/Dark Circle have more heroes to offer?
    They do indeed, which is promising.
    The team book in this universe is The Crusaders(which have an exclusive on-line comic one shot).
    Other Crusaders have been given solo series: Jaguar, The Comet and others.
    Listed at the bottom of the wiki link are some of the other characters, bio pagess are sadly missing on some.

I'm on board, for all of Dark Circle, at this point. Not been disappointed yet.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

I'm planning to at least stay on board for the first arc and see how that holds up. I might have enjoyed issue #1 more if it hadn't been overshadowed by delays; but it delivered enough to make me want to see what will happen in the next few issues. If the arc finishes strong, then I will be on board.

I just got around to reading the newest issue of the Black Hood and have mixed feelings. The story and the tone of the writing was as solid and enjoyable as it has ever been; but the art really threw me off. It just didn't fit the personality of the series as it was established in the opening arc. If I'm not mistaken, this is a one-shot guest appearance by Chayken; and the regular art team will return with the next issue. This is a good thing; because I'm not sure I could have stayed on board if issue #6 was the new norm.

Next up: the Hangman #1. I'm so behind in my reading BTW.
    Pull List: The Black Hammer, Bitch Planet, Copperhead, Hellboy/BPRD, Monstress, Ms. Marvel, Southern Cross

Twitter: @JavasaurusRex

Having just read issue #1 of The Hangman, I have to say it lives up to the standard set by the Black Hood and the rest of the Dark Circle line. As others here have said, it has a creepy, supernatural vibe to it. So it has its own unique personality in the line.

I really enjoyed how the story twisted around in this opening issue: the loving family guy turns out to be a scumbag deserving of whatever the Hangman does to him. Which raises the question: just what did the Hangman do? Also; what does it really mean to be the Hangman? It feels like a solid start with some dark, promising directions. Bring on the next issue.
    Pull List: The Black Hammer, Bitch Planet, Copperhead, Hellboy/BPRD, Monstress, Ms. Marvel, Southern Cross

Recently, I sent Archie Comics a fan letter about the idea of a company crossover where the Fox teams up with the heroes of Dynamite Entertainment's Project Superpowers. Just imagine how cool that would be! I sure hope it happens.

When does Shield #2 drop? Haven't seen anything on Dark Circle Facebook or Twitter. Hope it doesn't mean more delays...

are we expecting another delay with the shield? cause my website of choice has the second and third issue both stated to come out November 18th
    Arrrggh....now Shield #2 is being solicited for a Jan 6 release. I'm thinking I'm out on this title now. These delays are just too agrivating, plus you get no news from Dark Circle on the book. Just delay, delay , delay. So much for not releasing books unless they can keep to a regular schedule

Quote Originally Posted by Aomalle27 View Post
    Arrrggh....now Shield #2 is being solicited for a Jan 6 release. I'm thinking I'm out on this title now. These delays are just too agrivating, plus you get no news from Dark Circle on the book. Just delay, delay , delay. So much for not releasing books unless they can keep to a regular schedule
    If it's true that The Shield has hit yet another delay; then I'm probably going to drop it too. I normally don't like to trade-wait when it comes to an ongoing series; but that is what I will most likely do with this one.

Incredible Member

Those of you wondering about The Shield solicits, looks like nothing for Feb:

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2015/11/...d-the-hangman/
    I read Valiant Comics, and you should too!

Archer & Armstrong / Bloodshot USA / Divinity III / Faith / Generation Zero / Harbinger: Renegade / Ninjak / Savage

Anxiously awaiting: Bloodshot: Salvation / Britannia II / Harbinger Wars 2 / Psi-Lords / Secret Weapons / Shadowman / War Mother / X-O Manowar

Seriously, why aren't you reading Valiant Comics?

Quote Originally Posted by ksbord View Post
    Those of you wondering about The Shield solicits, looks like nothing for Feb:

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2015/11/...d-the-hangman/
    I take it that there has been no news on The Fox either. Things like this just make me shake my head and wonder what is going on with this company.

Fox was a mini.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark-Flux View Post
    Fox was a mini.
    That would certainly explain things. But it's also disappointing since the Dark Circle website describes it as an ongoing. I'm beginning to think that communication is not one of Archie/Dark Circle's strongest qualities.

BANNED

wow....archie might as well kill the dark circle line if they can't release titles consistently