Page 32 of 43 FirstFirst ... 2228293031323334353642 ... LastLast
    Writer At Comic Watch Dylan Davison's Avatar

I'm still super excited for The Shield, I loved issue one. I would rather have it delayed then canceled haha. But it does suck, so I understand that. I plan go keep it on my pull, it's worth the wait.

I understand why people are upset though. But I understand that delays happen, that are most likely out of anyone's control. To me the book still is worth it, at least for the first arc.

Sorry for my lack of posts, been busy working on some of my own stuff haha.
    Pulls:
    Coffin: La Muerta, Lady Death, Hellwitch. Valiant: Shadowman. DC: Poison Ivy.
    Check Out My Comic Reviews And More At Comic Watch!

BANNED

a lot of us are running out of time to spend on fun things like comics so we can't keep waiting and waiting and waiting for one book due to delays

What makes it especially difficult for me to keep supporting The Shield is the apparent failed reasoning they used to justify the delays in the initial launch. That being they were choosing to delay the book up front in order to insure there would be no delays after that. But that seems to have happened despite the publisher's intentions.

Make no mistake, I will keep picking up the Black Hood and the Hangman because they have proven to be so enjoyable. When (or if) they launch The Web in 2016, I will check that out too. But I see too many other publishers producing good work on consistent schedules; so I now have little desire to keep waiting for a book that seems to have slipped into limbo with no solid explanations as to why.
    Pull List: The Black Hammer, Bitch Planet, Copperhead, Hellboy/BPRD, Monstress, Ms. Marvel, Southern Cross

Twitter: @JavasaurusRex

Sorry if this is common knowledge, but why do I not see Fiona Staples name on the cover of Archie #4? Is it a one month break or is she done for good? I don't see much point continuing buying it if she isn't involved anymore. Her art brings more to the characters than Waid's writing (not that I'm trying to diss Waid, the dude is talented).

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ragdoll View Post
    Sorry if this is common knowledge, but why do I not see Fiona Staples name on the cover of Archie #4? Is it a one month break or is she done for good? I don't see much point continuing buying it if she isn't involved anymore. Her art brings more to the characters than Waid's writing (not that I'm trying to diss Waid, the dude is talented).
    Wrong Archie thread. This thread is solely dedicated to discussion on their superhero imprint Dark Circle.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

pygophile and podophile Dr. Cheesesteak's Avatar

how long's it been since a Dark Circle issue came out? I dropped my pull list to just the Shield and The Fox after the first arc of Black Hood ended. Feels like i haven't picked up a Dark Circle comic in ages...
    Comics were definitely happier, breezier and more confident in their own strengths before Hollywood and the Internet turned the business of writing superhero stories into the production of low budget storyboards or, worse, into conformist, fruitless attempts to impress or entertain a small group of people who appear to hate comics and their creators. -- Grant Morrison, 2008

trade-waiting - Ice Cream Man, Monstress

backlog - Blade of the Immortal, Mignolaverse, Promethea, X-Cutioner's Song

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Cheesesteak View Post
    how long's it been since a Dark Circle issue came out? I dropped my pull list to just the Shield and The Fox after the first arc of Black Hood ended. Feels like i haven't picked up a Dark Circle comic in ages...
    If the Shield and The Fox are the only Dark Circle books on your pull list, then it's no wonder it feels like ages.

The Shield continues to be plagued with delays and we are still waiting for issue #2 to show up. Hopefully that will happen this month. The Fox seems to be off the radar altogether after the first arc. Someone mentioned a while ago that it was supposed to be a mini-series; which I guess is possible. But I find it odd that the Dark Circle website still refers to The Fox as an ongoing. The Hangman #1 landed in November, and issue #2 is supposed to show up this month. Issue #1 was good; so I hope the arc keeps going strong.

It's ironic that you aren't picking up the Black Hood; since that seems to be the only Dark Circle title keeping any kind of consistent schedule. Oh well; that's all I know. Maybe others here can offer more insight.
    Pull List: The Black Hammer, Bitch Planet, Copperhead, Hellboy/BPRD, Monstress, Ms. Marvel, Southern Cross

Twitter: @JavasaurusRex

I'm going to have to reread Hangman & Shield #1's when the #2 surfaces.
    Archie has potential with this line but after the initial arcs of the first launched books just don't seem to be making it a priority like I'm sure we all wish they were.

pygophile and podophile Dr. Cheesesteak's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Javasaurus View Post
    If the Shield and The Fox are the only Dark Circle books on your pull list, then it's no wonder it feels like ages.

The Shield continues to be plagued with delays and we are still waiting for issue #2 to show up. Hopefully that will happen this month. The Fox seems to be off the radar altogether after the first arc. Someone mentioned a while ago that it was supposed to be a mini-series; which I guess is possible. But I find it odd that the Dark Circle website still refers to The Fox as an ongoing. The Hangman #1 landed in November, and issue #2 is supposed to show up this month. Issue #1 was good; so I hope the arc keeps going strong.

It's ironic that you aren't picking up the Black Hood; since that seems to be the only Dark Circle title keeping any kind of consistent schedule. Oh well; that's all I know. Maybe others here can offer more insight.
    well, wasn't there even a 3-month wait between Black Hood #6 and #7?
    Comics were definitely happier, breezier and more confident in their own strengths before Hollywood and the Internet turned the business of writing superhero stories into the production of low budget storyboards or, worse, into conformist, fruitless attempts to impress or entertain a small group of people who appear to hate comics and their creators. -- Grant Morrison, 2008

trade-waiting - Ice Cream Man, Monstress

backlog - Blade of the Immortal, Mignolaverse, Promethea, X-Cutioner's Song

Quote Originally Posted by Ragdoll View Post
    I believe she was only doing the first arc.

Btw... has anybody heard anything about Sabrina and Afterlife?
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Writer At Comic Watch Dylan Davison's Avatar

So, while I'm not sure if this is the cause of the delay, I saw on the artists facebook that he stated he got ill and could only do a bit of Issue 2 of Shield, so they found a fill in artist. He also said that he is working on 3 right now, and it looks great! (she gets a sick stealth suit). I'm still picking up all Dark Circle titles and I enjoyed issue one of The Shield, so I will keep it on my pulls, even though the delays have been an issue. However, I understand that things happen, so I'm not upset haha. Though this is just my view, still.
    Last edited by Dylan Davison; 01-10-2016 at 04:17 AM.
    Pulls:
    Coffin: La Muerta, Lady Death, Hellwitch. Valiant: Shadowman. DC: Poison Ivy.
    Check Out My Comic Reviews And More At Comic Watch!

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Stone View Post
    I believe she was only doing the first arc.

Btw... has anybody heard anything about Sabrina and Afterlife?
    Francesco Francavilla has been teasing Afterlife coming back this year for "season 2" the past few weeks.
    There has been previews of Sabrina #5 in early december. http://www.ew.com/article/2015/12/01...es-new-artists

No date but I guess we can hope for a couple of issues this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Cheesesteak View Post
    well, wasn't there even a 3-month wait between Black Hood #6 and #7?
    From the launch there was always going to be a two to three month delay between arcs. to allow for the tpb to be published, but now the delays are between issues, which is troubling. Hangman is a three month delay between 1 and 2; Black Hood is 2 month delay, and Shield; yikes, its been non starter forever.

new issue of The Black Hood

spoilers:
    The big fight in the beginning was great. I loved the use of the tight alley, and then the ladder to finally beat that dude.
    end of spoilers

I enjoyed the newest issue of Black Hood, #7, and found the fight scene at the start to be well told. It both sold Gregg's street smarts and demonstrated his lack of fully thinking his heroics through. He's going to have to be a bit better. I'd call his survival as the Black Hood to this point as one part skill and a large portion of dumb luck.