Page 35 of 43 FirstFirst ... 25313233343536373839 ... LastLast
    Fantastic Member

Anyone else having any trouble finding Cover A for Archie #8? I went to or called the 5 closest shops to me and they all only had the variant covers.

edit: just realized this isn't really a thread for the Archie title.
    Last edited by SSJMorales; 05-17-2016 at 12:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Javasaurus View Post
    I read issue #10 of the Black Hood two nights ago and it felt like the turns in the story really stepped up the overall intensity for this series. Just when it seems like Hettinger might be getting the feel for being the Black Hood or finding a balance in his double-life, things take an unexpected turn for the worse.

It definitely opens up some good questions leading into the next issue.
    spoilers:
    That was pretty brutal how his partner got killed for his cause and now will go down in the media as the Black Hood, I assume. This dude just can't catch a break.
    end of spoilers
    Now there's an old Black Hood returning? I haven;t read any Black Hood besides this current one, are there any recommended readings to get familiar with the old Hood?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Per Previewsworld:
    * Shield #3 = In Shops: 5/25/2016 (http://www.previewsworld.com/Catalog/SEP150976)

No idea on anything else from the superhero line.
    Well, The Shield #3 didn't come out. I can't even find the issue solicited anywhere. The Shield #4 is solicited for July 13 but I bet that'll change.

https://pulllist.comixology.com/sku/...nson-Reg-Cvr-A

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkgirl View Post
    Well, The Shield #3 didn't come out. I can't even find the issue solicited anywhere. The Shield #4 is solicited for July 13 but I bet that'll change.

No idea what is going on here, and Archie / Dark Circle doesn't seem to make it easy to find updated information.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragdoll View Post
    spoilers:
    That was pretty brutal how his partner got killed for his cause and now will go down in the media as the Black Hood, I assume. This dude just can't catch a break.
    end of spoilers
    Now there's an old Black Hood returning? I haven;t read any Black Hood besides this current one, are there any recommended readings to get familiar with the old Hood?
    I wouldn't worry about it. The Black Hood that was killed in the first issue was the Red Circle Black Hood from the '80's -- and while he had his own brief series I can't recall anything in it that seems pertinent for the current series. This guy that showed up at the end of the latest issue is a complete mystery -- the mask suggests ties to the '80's character, but who knows?

I think they'll give us all the information we need within the series itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Ishmael View Post
    I wouldn't worry about it. The Black Hood that was killed in the first issue was the Red Circle Black Hood from the '80's -- and while he had his own brief series I can't recall anything in it that seems pertinent for the current series. This guy that showed up at the end of the latest issue is a complete mystery -- the mask suggests ties to the '80's character, but who knows?

I think they'll give us all the information we need within the series itself.
    If / when the issue comes out.
    (Archie Comics keeps repeating the same type of scheduling screw-ups when it comes to these characters . . . they never seem to learn their lessons.)

No idea what is going on here, and Archie / Dark Circle doesn't seem to make it easy to find updated information.
    Would you believe that . . . The Shield #3 is now listed as due out October 12th?!?

http://archiecomics.com/get-sneak-pe...eptember-2016/

Never Giving Up! GreenLanternRanger's Avatar

I read the first issue of The Shield and thought it was decent for what it was and kept waiting for the second issue to come out but I guess my LCS didn't sell enough of the first issue because they never got the second and at this point with all the delays on the third I have flat out given up on the series.

I am fine with Archie branching out into genres of comics other then their usual comedy/slice of life. But if they can't get their books out on a decent schedule it makes me wonder why they bother at all.

I mean at this point it seems the only books they can get out on a steady schedule are the Digests and thats probably because those are mostly reprints.
    There's a Time For Peace, and Then There's a Time To Punch Nazi Scumbags in the Face!!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by GreenLanternRanger View Post
    I read the first issue of The Shield and thought it was decent for what it was and kept waiting for the second issue to come out but I guess my LCS didn't sell enough of the first issue because they never got the second and at this point with all the delays on the third I have flat out given up on the series.

I am fine with Archie branching out into genres of comics other then their usual comedy/slice of life. But if they can't get their books out on a decent schedule it makes me wonder why they bother at all.

I mean at this point it seems the only books they can get out on a steady schedule are the Digests and thats probably because those are mostly reprints.
    you wanna know something really stupid? their sonic books got a huge delay due to "Printing Problems" I Say Fine no big deal but then weeks turn into months and by the time i get my issues The Fall Variant And Valentines Day Variants i picked out make zero sense given they came out long after It Stopped Being Fall And Long After Valentines Day

Quote Originally Posted by GreenLanternRanger View Post
    . . . I am fine with Archie branching out into genres of comics other then their usual comedy/slice of life. But if they can't get their books out on a decent schedule it makes me wonder why they bother at all.

I mean at this point it seems the only books they can get out on a steady schedule are the Digests and that's probably because those are mostly reprints.
    I'm not sure, but I think they may have gotten a little bit better on scheduling the Afterlife With Archie and (Chilling Adventures of) Sabrina books (but I don't buy those). I seem to remember hearing those had major delays / absences because the writer for those two was also tied up with launching the TV show that will be on the CW, but I'm not aware of any reasons given for why the Dark Circle heroes line is so screwed-up.

At last check, Previewsworld has
    * Black Hood #10 "In Shops: 5/4/2016"
    * Hangman #4 "In Shops: 6/8/2016"
    Those are the only two titles I'm following from Archie/Dark Circle.
    Well, even though Black Hood did reach issue #11 by the end of June (and is suppose to next have a new #1 issue for Season 2 coming out in SEPTEMBER), Hangman #4 won't be out now until October?!?

“I want to assure people that we are committed to these characters and these books. We are moving full-steam ahead on concluding the initial arcs of THE SHIELD and THE HANGMAN – with THE SHIELD #3 and THE HANGMAN’s fourth issue hitting in October. I’m also excited to announce that THE BLACK HOOD artist Greg Scott will be joining Adam Christopher and Chuck Wendig on the fourth issue of THE SHIELD, which will close out Victoria’s debut story in grand style. But keep your eyes peeled for THE SHIELD #3, which closes out artist Drew Johnson’s masterful run on the book – it’s his best issue yet. As for the future of Dark Circle, we’ll be making some cool announcements in the months following the launch of THE BLACK HOOD’s second season that should get fans jazzed for what’s to come.”
    http://archiecomics.com/blackhoodseason2/

Considering The Shield had just two issues shipped in the first year, and that now we have a seven month wait between issues #3 and #4, it's hard to think too many "fans" will get "jazzed" for any future issues at this point. (Not unless Archie offers some good explanations as to WHY all the delays have happened and THEN has books ship on a regular, reasonable schedule.)

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Black Hood #11 was good and I appreciated how it tied back into issue #1. Giving background on Black Hood and setting a stage for stories about another Black Hood(the 1st?).
    I was left wondering if they'll be an issue #12, to wrap or if it's just going into another #1 in September. The issue ended with it feeling like a #12 was in order.

I'm going to finish out Shield and Hangman but my excitement for this as a line has all but died. The delays have been horrid and the reboot back to #1 on Black Hood does nothing for me despite liking what they've done accounting for the delays. They aren't likely to get a big boost in orders or readers anyway at this point(which is what the reboot to #1 is supposed to accomplish). They've created a toxic element for the line that any LCS owner and avid reader knows about.

Also: Whatever happened to The Web? Issue #1 was once upon a time scheduled for Jan '16??? There has been no update on that at all.
    Last edited by Captain Craig; 07-05-2016 at 07:31 AM.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

BANNED

Would you believe that . . . The Shield #3 is now listed as due out October 12th?!?

http://archiecomics.com/get-sneak-pe...eptember-2016/
    Maybe they're trying to use September/October as some kind of relaunch? There's Black Hood season 2 and Josie starting. So maybe Shield #3 and then everything is monthly from then?

Maybe they're trying to use September/October as some kind of relaunch? There's Black Hood season 2 and Josie starting. So maybe Shield #3 and then everything is monthly from then?
    Yeah, right . . . are you drinking that Archie Kool-Aid®?

BANNED

Yeah, right . . . are you drinking that Archie Kool-Aid®?
    Just a spot of wishful thinking!