Page 39 of 43 FirstFirst ... 29353637383940414243 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Mighty Crusaders #1 is slated to be on the shelf this Wednesday.
    Anyone have a change of heart? Who's getting it?
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    Isn't that special.

Anyone have a change of heart?
    Not unless I find out it's really, really good and if Archie has a money-back-guarantee that this series won't be delayed any time.

Who's getting it?
    Not me (at least not before its collected in a tpb).

Anyone have a change of heart? Who's getting it?
    I'll be passing on this one. There's still too much disappointment in my soul from the way they've handled the previous Dark Circle titles.
    Pull List: The Black Hammer, Bitch Planet, Copperhead, Hellboy/BPRD, Monstress, Ms. Marvel, Southern Cross

Twitter: @JavasaurusRex

Writer At Comic Watch Dylan Davison's Avatar

Well, I'll be getting it. A team book seems like the way to handle a smaller superhero publishing line. So I'm giving it a shot. Plus I still really enjoyed Shield, and she's in this. I'll let you know what I thought of it, once I pick it up.
    Pulls:
    Coffin: La Muerta, Lady Death, Hellwitch. Valiant: Shadowman. DC: Poison Ivy.
    Check Out My Comic Reviews And More At Comic Watch!

Quote Originally Posted by Power Torch View Post
    Well, I'll be getting it. A team book seems like the way to handle a smaller superhero publishing line. So I'm giving it a shot. Plus I still really enjoyed Shield, and she's in this. I'll let you know what I thought of it, once I pick it up.
    Hope you're prepared for possible . . . .

. . . delays . . .

. . . between issues.

(Was their last Crusaders series any good at keeping to a semi-regular schedule?)

I'd like to support this, but after terrible delays on other series and a lack of commitment in their own comics, I'm giving Archie titles a miss from now on.
    Give me Brexit or give me death.

I picked it up against my better judgement. Art was decent. It seems designed as an entirely new jumping off point. It really isn't though.
    Exhibit A:
    Shield is the only carryover. Still she only had 4 issues in the last incarnation and there is only 1 throw-a-line addressing that. If you didn't know it, the line might skip past you so in that regards it's a do over.
    Exhibit B:
    A couple of references are made to the New Crusaders era(Red Circle) from what I can gather. Those went by me but I felt I got the point of team dysfunction as it relates to this issue "Getting the Band Back Together".

It was a straight forward set up issue with the explanation of the new Big real threat coming most likely next issue. Now, if that next issue can just arrive before Spring?!
    Seriously, so much potential for these characters and Archie just doesn't have the long term resources to commit to them sadly.
    Hoping issue #2 actually arrives in January '18.

#stillwantedWeb#1inJan'16
    #missTheFox

I picked it up against my better judgement. Art was decent. It seems designed as an entirely new jumping off point. It really isn't though.
    Exhibit A:
    Shield is the only carryover.
    Well, honestly, who else would have worked for this relaunch? The latest versions of Black Hood and Hangman don't seem like they would have played nice with others.
    So I guess that only left The Fox and the Joe Higgins version of the Shield, and wasn't Higgins also involved?

Got the first issue of the new Mighty Crusaders series and liked it a lot, but now I'm hesitant about adding it to my pull list. I'd forgotten about the delays...
    "Ignore them. They're nothing but a bunch of basement dwellers who spend all day whining on the 'net. Not a single open-minded one in the bunch."
    --Andre Briggs, Justice League International #1

@MajorHoy, yeah The Fox is the only other possible candidate. However, had Archie actually released the revamped version of The Web they announced she would've been a contender carryover I suspect.

Writer At Comic Watch Dylan Davison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cel View Post
    Got the first issue of the new Mighty Crusaders series and liked it a lot, but now I'm hesitant about adding it to my pull list. I'd forgotten about the delays...
    Yeah, I liked it as well. I'm worried about delays, but I mean hopeful that a team book will make it easier. Here's hoping.

Also on a side note, you a Ghost fan? Always nice to meet one lol.
    Pulls:
    Coffin: La Muerta, Lady Death, Hellwitch. Valiant: Shadowman. DC: Poison Ivy.
    Check Out My Comic Reviews And More At Comic Watch!

Quote Originally Posted by Power Torch View Post
    Yeah, I liked it as well. I'm worried about delays, but I mean hopeful that a team book will make it easier. Here's hoping.
    Same here. It was books like Mighty Crusaders that first got me into comics, so I'd really like this new version to succeed.
    Also on a side note, you a Ghost fan? Always nice to meet one lol.
    Ditto. I started from the ground floor with the '93 Comics' Greatest World. Still got the Ghost action figure on my shelf today.
    ghostactionfigure.jpg
    "Ignore them. They're nothing but a bunch of basement dwellers who spend all day whining on the 'net. Not a single open-minded one in the bunch."
    --Andre Briggs, Justice League International #1

Quote Originally Posted by Cel View Post
    Ditto. I started from the ground floor with the '93 Comics' Greatest World. Still got the Ghost action figure on my shelf today.
    ghostactionfigure.jpg
    It's a small world – I still have my Ghost action figure too. I was secretly hoping that Dark Horse would issue a new one based on the most recent series; so it's a good thing I held on to the original.
    Pull List: The Black Hammer, Bitch Planet, Copperhead, Hellboy/BPRD, Monstress, Ms. Marvel, Southern Cross

Twitter: @JavasaurusRex

The Son of Suns Clairaudient Freedom Soldier's Avatar

I have enjoyed both issues of the Mighty Crusaders immensely! Kelsey Shannon's art is awesome. Between Mighty Crusaders and the Priest-Woods Justice League, I'm getting a good fill of team books. Make yours the other DC (Dark Circle), compeers.
    Last edited by Clairaudient Freedom Soldier; 01-10-2018 at 07:15 PM.
    Take a couple of minutes and check out this new comic book, friends: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...no-more-crises

The Son of Suns Clairaudient Freedom Soldier's Avatar

Mighty Crusaders #3 preview, things are getting brutally serious ...
    Take a couple of minutes and check out this new comic book, friends: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...no-more-crises