Page 4 of 43 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    BANNED

We'll See.....But I'm not sure how they can promote two titles in one month successfully...they can't even promote sabrina that well

Writer At Comic Watch Dylan Davison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chrysalis_Changling View Post
    We'll See.....But I'm not sure how they can promote two titles in one month successfully...they can't even promote sabrina that well
    Sabrina is not this line though, it has different writers and different artists. We know why Sabrina was delayed, it was a busy writer. These series could be totally different haha. No one should compare what is going on with Sabrina with these. Not yet anyways XD if delays happen with these and they are just as long as Sabrina's is then people should lol. But the writers and artist may not have delay problems.

And to be honest, I am not sure the Fox needs that much promotion. It had a great mini before, and it's not a "new" character to this line, so The Shield may get more promotion then The Fox, who knows. But I am sure Archie can promote 2 series in one month, they have before haha. :P
    Pulls:
    Coffin: La Muerta, Lady Death, Hellwitch. Valiant: Shadowman. DC: Poison Ivy.
    Check Out My Comic Reviews And More At Comic Watch!

BANNED

if dark circle does experience delays then all hope is lost....any delays are annoying for archie fans at this rate.....with afterlife and sabrina off the board

archie needs dark circle to work out for them....to get the non traditional archie fans on their side

Quote Originally Posted by Power Torch View Post
    . . . And to be honest, I am not sure the Fox needs that much promotion. It had a great mini before, and it's not a "new" character to this line, so The Shield may get more promotion then The Fox, who knows. But I am sure Archie can promote 2 series in one month, they have before haha. :P
    Really?!? I think that depends on what comic book shop you went to. Where I went to they didn't get that many extra copies, so when it sold out you had to ask him to order some more and then wait a couple of weeks until it was back in. So that means if people weren't already aware it was due out, they may not of even had a chance to notice it on the shelves.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Really?!? I think that depends on what comic book shop you went to. Where I went to they didn't get that many extra copies, so when it sold out you had to ask him to order some more and then wait a couple of weeks until it was back in. So that means if people weren't already aware it was due out, they may not of even had a chance to notice it on the shelves.
    Maybe it does o.O. My shop had a bunch when it first came out and people were talking about it for a bit, not long, but longer I then I thought they would haha. I was not into Archie stuff till later so I was shocked to find fans at the store I go to. My main point of that was to say that I am sure both can be promoted and have 2 issue 1 in one month though.
    Last edited by Dylan Davison; 01-07-2015 at 08:14 AM.
    Pulls:

BANNED

we'll see....

Anyone else going to get the Dark Circle FCBD issue on May 2nd? Sounds like a it is going to have samples from each series and interviews, maybe more (I am thinking a first glance of a new Dark Circle series sounds interesting, wonder if its something new). I am getting it just for the cover mostly but I am sure the stuff inside will be cool.

DARK CIRCLE
    Solicitation: Duane Swierczynski (W), Mark Waid (W), Dean Haspiel (W/A), Michael Gaydos (A), Francesco Francavilla (CA), and Various (W/A)

THE BLACK HOOD! THE FOX! THE SHIELD! Get in on the ground floor of Dark Circle Comics and experience the cinematic and creator-driven reinventions of these iconic properties. Who is the new Shield? How did the Black Hood come to be? Can things get more unpredictable for The Fox? Learn the secrets of the Dark Circle universe from the creators themselves via sneak peeks at the new series, creator interviews and a first glance at the next Dark Circle series—all held together by an eye-popping cover from Afterlife with Archie artist, Francesco Francavilla!

32 pgs.
    Pulls:

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

I'll totally be picking up the Dark Circle FCBD issue.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    I'll totally be picking up the Dark Circle FCBD issue.
    Sweet, I never use to be able to get comics from FCBD, but last year my store stared it, so I am excited to get this issue.

Are you going to get any of the series?
    Pulls:

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Power Torch View Post

And to be honest, I am not sure the Fox needs that much promotion.
    It had a great mini before, and it's not a "new" character to this line, so The Shield may get more promotion then The Fox, who knows. But I am sure Archie can promote 2 series in one month, they have before haha. :P
    YES it does. A lot of comic stores either don't order Archie books or order very few like 1-2 copy of each title. When those copies are GONE-there is no reordering. I was at a comic store and more than 30 folks came in asking for Archie Afterlife and even after that-the store didn't increase orders on the title.

I was at comic cons-guess what title folks were hunting for-ARCHIE AFTERLIFE. A lot of profit was lost because very few folks ordered that title. So if more folks preorder-you might see an increase in comics in the stores.

Are you going to get any of the series?
    I tend to trade wait and at times if I see the used book store have it at 60% off the cover price (like Crusaders). I'll get it.

BANNED

yeah archie titles tend to not get that much attention in general and so comic shops really don't stock them that much

That's crazy, my store near me has a huge Archie section, it's not as big as the other publishers, but they get almost all the new archie stuff in and a good amount of it (depending on what it is). They have from sonic to afterlife with archie, and they normally sell. Then again a lot of parents bring there kids in to the store near me and buy comics for their kids haha. Guess my store is different then what is normally seen.

Like thats how I read and got the first Fox mini series, I did not order it, just saw it on the Archie part of the wall.
    Pulls:

Reading most of the entries I noticed that most of these characters have a supernatural origin so it be cool to have a supernatural based universe rather than the average sci-fi based trappings.

Mr. Justice had a deal with the devil style origin but it be cool to flip it and make his origins as a result of angelic interference. Maybe he could be half-angel (nephlihim)?

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    Reading most of the entries I noticed that most of these characters have a supernatural origin so it be cool to have a supernatural based universe rather than the average sci-fi based trappings.

Mr. Justice had a deal with the devil style origin but it be cool to flip it and make his origins as a result of angelic interference. Maybe he could be half-angel (nephlihim)?
    I take it you mean out of all the old characters? And not these 3? Cause I don't think Shield has a supernatural origin. Which characters other then Jaguar and Mr. Justice do? Just wondering?

I do think this line needs a supernatural hero title though.
    Pulls:

The solicitation for the FCBD issue, reads like it's being released before these books hit the shelves, it can't be our first glance, if the books are already out.
    #MagnetoWasRight