Page 43 of 43 FirstFirst ... 333940414243

As a MLJ fan it was the irregular shipping schedule that kept me from picking up the floppies. I decided to wait for the trades. Of course I do think the Big 2 have cornered the superhero market. So other companies have to have another niche for their titles.

Since the Archie Dark Circle imprint doesn't appear to have released anything since late 2018, and discussion on the topic has been dormant for well over a year, this thread has been de-stickied. This is done in an effort to reduce clutter at the top of the board.

If discussion picks back up, or the publishing imprint resumes, the thread can of course be stickied once again.
    All the cool cats are reading CBR's Community Standards & Rules!

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Jaguar
    One Shot
    Jaguar.jpg

Something is killing the Pampas cats of Northern Peru. A group of zoologists has come together to investigate these mysterious slayings. They know the culprit is a bird of prey, but the method of killing is unlike any of the birds local to the region. It's going to take someone with apex predator abilities to find out who's causing these murders...someone like Ivette Velez, aka The Jaguar! But will the predator become the prey?
    It was a decent read and it has been so long I could really only grasp they were making ties to something but not sure entirely where. I first thought it was just possible Easter Eggs.
    Then at the end there is character study section of 3pages. In that it lets you know they are harking back to a few moments in New Crusaders. Long gap Archie. Glad these character study pages were there.
    I liked the art. I like Archies library of super heroes, its just a shame they don't keep them coming. Double shame the audience doesn't support them for too long.

This one shot is the first I've seen from Archie's super hero catalog in years. Likely since 2018.
    I saw no solicit or tease for another character forthcoming. May be based on how this does.
    Anyone else pick this up.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

This one shot is the first I've seen from Archie's super hero catalog in years. Likely since 2018.
    I saw no solicit or tease for another character forthcoming. May be based on how this does.
    Anyone else pick this up.[/QUOTE]

There was a Darkling one-shot about a month ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    Jaguar
    One Shot
    Jaguar.jpg

It was a decent read and it has been so long I could really only grasp they were making ties to something but not sure entirely where. I first thought it was just possible Easter Eggs.
    Then at the end there is character study section of 3pages. In that it lets you know they are harking back to a few moments in New Crusaders. Long gap Archie. Glad these character study pages were there.
    I liked the art. I like Archies library of super heroes, its just a shame they don't keep them coming. Double shame the audience doesn't support them for too long.

Anyone else pick this up.
    I did, I love Ivette and I miss reading about her and the other crusaders on a regular basis. I read the New Crusaders back in 2012, the Mighty Crusaders in 2018(?) I think. I even got the Impact run on the Jaguar as well. I wish Archie would stop pussyfooting around and actually commit to something with these characters instead of pulling them out of the toybox and putting them back in once a year or every few years. So far they've done The Shield, The Fox, Bob Phantom, Darkling, and now The Jaguar. I think either the fly, steel sterling, or The Comet, is next.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Overhazard View Post
    I did, I love Ivette and I miss reading about her and the other crusaders on a regular basis. I read the New Crusaders back in 2012, the Mighty Crusaders in 2018(?) I think. I even got the Impact run on the Jaguar as well. I wish Archie would stop pussyfooting around and actually commit to something with these characters instead of pulling them out of the toybox and putting them back in once a year or every few years. So far they've done The Shield, The Fox, Bob Phantom, Darkling, and now The Jaguar. I think either the fly, steel sterling, or The Comet, is next.
    They can't do anything with the Fly because his rights belong to Kirby (or someone else) estate that is why we got Fly Girl for awhile.

Double shame the audience doesn't support them for too long.
    Is it the audience or is it the STORES? It's like a battle to get the books in the stores and I have seen store MISS out on sales because they don't order the book. Mainly Afterlife books.

Did they ever release The Web after announcing it years ago? I can't seem to find anything about it so I guess not. Szymon Kudranski was on art duties and it looked fantastic from the sample pages they released.

Quote Originally Posted by Overhazard View Post
    So far they've done The Shield, The Fox, Bob Phantom, Darkling, and now The Jaguar. I think either the fly, steel sterling, or The Comet, is next.
    Really? I totally missed these. I need to try and track them down. They are all one-shots like this, from 2023? Except I guess Darkling, someone said that was just last month.

So Liefeld did this, I vaguely recall info on this but lost track. Thought it was abandoned.
    Shield.jpg
    Last edited by Captain Craig; 02-23-2024 at 06:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    Really? I totally missed these. I need to try and track them down. They are all one-shots like this, from 2023? Except I guess Darkling, someone said that was just last month.

So Liefeld did this, I vaguely recall info on this but lost track. Thought it was abandoned.
    Shield.jpg
    Liefeld drew the book, but then something happened and David Gallaher wrote it. Dean Haspiel did the Fox One Shot, I don't know who did Bob Phantom, but yes, they've all been one shots so far.

I looked them up on Ebay and no one is really asking much more, if more at all, for the book. It is the shipping.
    When I see someone wanted $7 to ship a single book I know that is too much. Send it Media Mail, that will drop it $2 right away.
    I may just have to put these on my "to find at a convention" list, show some patience for overlooking these last year.