Page 6 of 43 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    He was in the last Crusaders book put out by Archie / Red Circle.

it sucks new crusaders had to be canned...i liked the adventure all ages art style it had going for it

Quote Originally Posted by Chrysalis_Changling View Post
    it sucks new crusaders had to be canned...i liked the adventure all ages art style it had going for it
    I thought the art was okay.
    I was actually bothered that it fell into the trap of "All Ages comics must have simple cartoony style art".

Pretty much everything printed by DC and Marvel during the 70s and 80s was "all ages" but with art like Byrne, Perez, Simonson, Neal Adams and Ordway.
    I felt that Red Circle should have used more mainstream style art like DC did with Impact.
    Especially since it was building on the foundation laid out in Archie's 80s Red Circle comics, which had pretty mainstream art for its time.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Stone View Post
    I thought the art was okay.
    I was actually bothered that it fell into the trap of "All Ages comics must have simple cartoony style art".

Pretty much everything printed by DC and Marvel during the 70s and 80s was "all ages" but with art like Byrne, Perez, Simonson, Neal Adams and Ordway.
    I felt that Red Circle should have used more mainstream style art like DC did with Impact.
    Especially since it was building on the foundation laid out in Archie's 80s Red Circle comics, which had pretty mainstream art for its time.
    I think the art style may have also been trying to evoke manga in an attempt to try and reach out to those readers as well.

I think the art style may have also been trying to evoke manga in an attempt to try and reach out to those readers as well.
    Very possible.
    Probably another reason I didn't like the art that much. I personally prefer the more serious looking manga/anime.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Writer At Comic Watch Dylan Davison's Avatar

Hey guys, this is kinda cool. I was going to get this book anyways because I love Duane's writing, but if you pre order The Canary by Duane you will get a free signed Black Hood poster. I plan on doing this.

http://www.mulhollandbooks.com/recei...-swierczynski/

The preorder bonus ends February 24th. Just thought I would share for all those Black Hood fans or Duane fans.
    PLEASE READ CLOAK & DAGGER IN SAVAGE AVENGERS!
    Pulls:
    Coffin: La Muerta, Lady Death, Hellwitch. Valiant: Shadowman. Marvel: Savage Avengers, She Hulk. Dynamite: Vampirella.
    Support Indie Comics: Coffin Comics, Lion Forge, and so much more!!!
    Check Out My Comic Reviews And More At Comic Watch!

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

When this universe gets underway I think the Mods should STICKY it along with the other micro-verses like Zenoscope/PBS/VALIANT/TMNT are at the top of the page.

I predict a high number of us who dabble in those will be sampling Dark Circle as well.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    When this universe gets underway I think the Mods should STICKY it along with the other micro-verses like Zenoscope/PBS/VALIANT/TMNT are at the top of the page.
    I think they should wait to see if Archie / Dark Circle will actually pull it off or if they drop the ball in the first few months first.

I think they should wait to see if Archie / Dark Circle will actually pull it off or if they drop the ball in the first few months first.
    If DynKey can get made into a sticky, this could just as well. I mean DynKey could be ending and it got a sticky.

Solicitations in case no one saw them:

April:

TheShield-1-478a9.jpg

THE SHIELD #1
    NEW ONGOING SERIES FROM DARK CIRCLE!
    “Daughter of the Revolution, Part 1” Since the dawn of the republic, whenever her country faces its blackest days, she returns: a spirit of the revolution sent to fight for what is right. But when she reappears for the first time in a generation with no memories—not even of her own identity—and encounters an evil force expecting her arrival, all the Shield can do is… run!
    Script: Adam Christopher and Chuck Wendig
    Art: David Williams, Gary Martin, Rachel Deering, Kelly Fitzpatrick
    Cover: David Williams
    Variant Cover: Wilfredo Torres
    Variant Cover: Andrew Robinson
    Variant Cover: Rafael Albuquerque
    Dark Circle Movie Throwback Variant Cover: Robert Hack
    On Sale Date: 4/15
    32-page, full color comic
    $3.99 U.S.

BlackHood-3FFvar-631ea.jpg
    THE BLACK HOOD #3
    “The Bullet’s Kiss, Part 3” The Black Hood is supposed to be dead. Shot, de-masked, autopsied, buried. So who’s running around town in a ratty black hood, declaring war on the underworld? The City of Philadelphia is electrified by the fleeting glimpses they see on social media—but both the cops and the drug gangs want him stopped at all costs. However, the new Black Hood may not have to be stopped. He’s coming unglued all on his own…
    Script: Duane Swierczynski
    Art: Michael Gaydos, Rachel Deering, Kelly Fitzpatrick
    Cover: Francesco Francavilla
    Variant Cover: David Mack
    Variant Cover: Howard Chaykin
    On Sale Date: 4/22
    $3.99 U.S.
    May:

Fox-2Dino-ee943.jpg
    THE FOX #2
    “Fox Hunt, Part 2 – The Other Shoe”: The fox-hunt has begun, and Impact City's most dangerous criminals are out for BLOOD. When Paul Patton Jr. decides to take his son, Shinji, on a trip to the Museum of the Moving Image, he’s hoping to make an effort to finally be a present father and not the superhero freak magnet known as The Fox. But when a violent bank robbery derails their plans, and Paul is unwilling to don his superhero suit and save the day, a new kind of superhero will need to step in and save the day. So why is this new hero The Fox's WORST NIGHTMARE? Emmy award-winning artist Dean Haspiel and Eisner Award-winning writer Mark Waid bring you the next chapter in Dark Circle's most twisted tale yet! Featuring variant cover art from Howard Chaykin and Robert Hack!
    Plot: Dean Haspiel
    Art: Dean Haspiel, John Workman and Jose Villarubia
    Script: Mark Waid
    Cover: Dean Haspiel
    Father and Son Variant Cover: Howard Chaykin
    On Sale Date: 5/6

$3.99 U.S.
    Last edited by Dylan Davison; 01-16-2015 at 06:03 PM.
    Pulls:
    Coffin: La Muerta, Lady Death, Hellwitch. Valiant: Shadowman. Marvel: Savage Avengers, She Hulk. Dynamite: Vampirella.

Preview for The Blackhood issue 1. Looks great so far!

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...ticle&id=58607

blackhood08-06b64.jpgblackhood07-9098b.jpgblackhood06-a9c9f.jpg

The attached images are coming out a little blurry on my screen. Have no idea why. But click the link to see a better version.
    Last edited by Dylan Davison; 01-20-2015 at 11:44 AM.
    Pulls:

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Power Torch View Post
    April 2015:

Updated with The Shield Info and April info
    Thanks for the info but is Archie serious with this premise for the new Shield ? Is this comic The Unknown Soldier plus a little Deathlok thrown in? As far as I'm concerned Haspiel's art is a hackwork imitation of Timm's and I wouldn't touch Fox because of it. Please somebody buy the rights.

Quote Originally Posted by alton View Post
    Thanks for the info but is Archie serious with this premise for the new Shield ? Is this comic The Unknown Soldier plus a little Deathlok thrown in? As far as I'm concerned Haspiel's art is a hackwork imitation of Timm's and I wouldn't touch Fox because of it. Please somebody buy the rights.
    The issue has not come out yet so I am not sure if people should be comparing it yet haha, but maybe that's just me lol. But I am not sure how close it will be to those series, I know the characters and they seem different so far, at least to me. What do you find similar if I may ask? I get a bit of where you are coming from with The Unknown Soldier. But he was the spirit of dead soldiers who shows up when he was needed. That's a bit different. She is not a Ghost. But I guess the premise is the same a bit. But that is just a character thing, I am sure they are not copying the idea. They just came up with a similar one.

I am sure hope the amnesia thing is just temporary though. Just a character plot I'm sure. Or at least I hope so haha. Something like that should not last forever in my opinion. Maybe gaining parts slowly.

But I am still really super excited for The Shield. Plus she just looks so cool!
    Last edited by Dylan Davison; 01-20-2015 at 10:31 PM.
    Pulls:

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

The look for The Shield is nice. It kinda has overtones of Golden Age Miss America from Marvel.

I'm eager for this universe to get started next month!
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    The look for The Shield is nice. It kinda has overtones of Golden Age Miss America from Marvel.

I'm eager for this universe to get started next month!
    I agree, she looks great. I love her design. Its simple but very cool.

Also this was last October, I know. But we did not have a place to talk about it so.

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2014/10/...gura-and-more/

In it they say this:
    There’s one character coming to Dark Circle that no one is going to see coming, Archie teased. A “deep cut”, not a “single or a B-side”.
    Any idea who it is? I am excited to learn. It may be found out in the FCBD issue maybe?

Maybe it is Phantom Bob? I don't get the clues haha so I went with a B named hero lol.
    Last edited by Dylan Davison; 01-22-2015 at 12:49 AM.
    Pulls:

Do this comics take place in the same universe with Archies and Sabrina ?

i'm going to check out the black hood, i'm a big fan of the X series from darkhorse and it looks somewhat similar. then again if they are too much alike i'll probably have to drop one of them.