forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

Default Golden age and Silver Age comics that are worth the least

When I think of Golden and Silver Age comics I think of high priced comics. But then a question popped into my head: are there silver and golden age (40s, 50s and 60s) that were overprinted or something like that causing them to be worth almost nothing?
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

I don't think overprinting would cause a surplus because any unsold comics were pulped the way magazines are today.

Spectacular Member marvelmaniac6169's Avatar

These books hold their value because of age and because they were not printed to be collectibles so through the years they have become classic issues that are hard to find.
    (Not a nearly as hard as it used to be with Ebay and the internet)
    Naturally the newer the book in a title(#'s 1 - 10 worth more than #'s 90-99) are worth more unless it is the introduction of a major character or important storyline which usually comes years later but even at the end of the Silver Age we are talking about 45 year old books.

Also, back in the day comics were not collected or thought of or printed to be collectibles any books you had if left lying around the house were probably thrown out.
    They were also abused from day one...
    1)Wrapped in twine or wire like newpapers to be delivered.
    2)Just thrown about on the bottom shelf of the magazine stand and rummaged through(that is one of my fondest memories at the local drug store back in 64/65)
    3)Folded up and placed in your back pocket while you rode your bike back home)
    4)Folded over backwards while reading so you can hold it in one hand while lying on your bed/couch reading.

To me the Silver Age ended when TTA and TOS were ended and Cap, Hulk, Iron Man, Sub-Mariner, Silver Surfer, Capt. Marvel all got their own titles and the price went from 12 cents to 15 cents.

007 girl.

Quote Originally Posted by victorxd1999 View Post
    When I think of Golden and Silver Age comics I think of high priced comics. But then a question popped into my head: are there silver and golden age (40s, 50s and 60s) that were overprinted or something like that causing them to be worth almost nothing?
    I collect Golden Age Archie comics, they used to print over 1,000,000 copies of some of them back then but they're still scarce now, so a nicely graded book still sells for a couple hundred dollars. You can get lucky in auctions, as I've bought some for closer to $50.
    Kings 21:23
    And of Jezebel also spake the LORD, saying, The dogs shall eat Jezebel by the wall of Jezreel.