Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default Women Gamers Encourage Empowerment, Positivity in a Post-GamerGate World

After a harrowing 2014, five female pros explained why it's still awesome to be a woman in the gaming industry.

Full article here.

Member Since Jun 2009 thecrimson's Avatar

Hopefully the whole GamerGate thing can end, because the battle between both sides is getting ridiculous. Especially with one side being accused of all being women-haters.

We definitely are not in a post gamergate world. That **** is still going on.

Quote Originally Posted by thecrimson View Post
    Hopefully the whole GamerGate thing can end, because the battle between both sides is getting ridiculous. Especially with one side being accused of all being women-haters.
    You think that was the biggest problem with Gamergate?

Quote Originally Posted by jump View Post
    You think that was the biggest problem with Gamergate?
    Did I ever specifically say that was the biggest problem? There were a lot of problems with GamerGate, I was just pointing out one. What do you think was the biggest problem?

Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    My Twitter feed can attest to this.
    Last edited by thecrimson; 03-13-2015 at 08:14 AM.

Did I ever specifically say that was the biggest problem? There were a lot of problems with GamerGate, I was just pointing out one. What do you think was the biggest problem?

My Twitter feed can attest to this.
    You said "especially" to highlight that problem, and especially from the dictionary "used to single out one person or thing over all others.

"he despised them all, especially Sylvester".

You said "especially" to highlight that problem, and especially from the dictionary "used to single out one person or thing over all others.

"he despised them all, especially Sylvester".
    Well that wasn't my intent, I apologize.
    Last edited by thecrimson; 03-13-2015 at 08:23 AM.

"Both sides" my aunt fanny. There are few times where a situation is as cut-and-dry as "A good, B bad", but this is abso-freaking-lutely one of those times.
    "It's not whether you win or lose, it's whether I win or lose." - Peter David, on life

"If you can't say anything nice about someone, sit right here by me." - Alice Roosevelt Longworth, on manners

"You're much stronger than you think you are." - Superman, on humankind

All-New, All-Different Marvel Checklist

Well that wasn't my intent, I apologize. There were other problems, ethics being one of them.
    The sad thing is the "ethics debate" were about an indie developer having slept with someone and not about companies buying youtube vids and good reviews. The whole thing was a waste of a controversy.

Actually, it's about the horrible mistreatment of women by a group of idiots. It was never about ethics. Ethics disappear the second women start receiving death threats, verbal abuse and being doxed.

Actually, it's about the horrible mistreatment of women by a group of idiots. It was never about ethics. Ethics disappear the second women start receiving death threats, verbal abuse and being doxed.
    I've seen more examples of harassment coming from the side that is apparently against harassment. And death threats, verbal abuse, and doxxing. The mainstream media paints anyone who happens to be pro-GG as a bunch of white dudes who hate women when there are plenty of women who are in that group.

And yes ethics still happens to be a part of it.

I'll just leave this here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5RVlCvBd21w
    Last edited by thecrimson; 03-13-2015 at 08:51 AM.

I've seen more examples of harassment coming from the side that is apparently against it. And death threats, verbal abuse, and doxxing. The mainstream media paints anyone who happens to be pro-GG as a bunch of white dudes who hate women when there are plenty of women who are in that group.

And yes ethics still happens to be a part of it.
    It's hard to tell who's actually woman since it was proven that #NotYourShield was sockpuppet accounts regardless gamersgate is a joke despite being thinly (at best) about ethics.

It's hard to tell who's actually woman since it was proven that #NotYourShield was sockpuppet accounts regardless gamersgate is a joke despite being thinly (at best) about ethics.
    The #NotYourShield people I've seen and heard from are women and other minorities, including some of my friends. And the only people I've seen actively harassing anyone (from Pro side) are trolls and we should all know that trolls do whatever they can to tick you off. That certainly doesn't mean they're representatives of the group. I've seen more examples of people fighting against corruption than I have seen white dudes ticked at women and hating on them. Heck, I've seen major supports of what people refer to as the 'Anti' side harassing men and women.

Either way I left a video above to what a feminist has said about GamerGate. And this one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YMw39meKmzY
    Last edited by thecrimson; 03-13-2015 at 09:04 AM.

Ugh. Sad but true.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    Ugh. Sad but true.
    It's my greatest desire to see it just end. It's been a pretty exhausting past few months. For everyone.