Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by itspopularnowitsucks View Post
    Romance between two Hawkeyes?
    Did that actually happen because if so, I think I just threw up a little inside my mouth. That's skeevy even for Hawkeye.

Quote Originally Posted by CBR News View Post
    Scott Lang gets his shot at the titular role in "Ant-Man" #1, written by Nick Spencer and drawn by Ramon Rosanas.

Full review here.
    Just like that, Nick Spencer writes one of the best Scott Lang stories ever!

The art was tremendous, though. So well done. The rendering of the ants and the panel interactions, as well as the layouts was expertly done. Rosanas kind of reminds me of Mike McKone, although his figures and action scenes have more vibrancy. Also, the little details like Cassie's hair and even Mancha's hair, was cool. Particularly the opening scene, where there's a great amount of detail and motion. Really looking forward to see how this develops.
    My fan fiction:

The Outstanding, a fan fic Universe where Marvel characters and stories are reshaped, revised and retold. Check it out!

The Ultimate Flash, where I take inspiration from classic Silver-Age Comics of Barry Allen and the new CW TV Show to give an old character a new spin! Click here to read!

A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away the Marvel and Star Wars Universe combine! Check out Marvel: Star Wars' first family, the Fantastic Four! Read it here!

Whole issue was fun

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Did that actually happen because if so, I think I just threw up a little inside my mouth. That's skeevy even for Hawkeye.
    No. Never happened.

I was very pleasantly surprised by this book. Although It did seem like Cassie was treated as a normal human with no powers / super hero experience. Did something happen when she was revived that somehow overwrote her story or did they just not cover it yet?

Quote Originally Posted by rukkis View Post
    I was very pleasantly surprised by this book. Although It did seem like Cassie was treated as a normal human with no powers / super hero experience. Did something happen when she was revived that somehow overwrote her story or did they just not cover it yet?
    I noticed that too and I interpreted things as such:
    A) Evil Ex Wife/Mom is in heavy avoidance mode, refusing to acknowledge Cassie's prior heroing history since it brought about Cass's death.
    B) Upon restoration by way of Doom, Cassie perhaps came back different: Maybe lacking her previous powerset? Maybe lacking memories? Time will tell.

That minor "Hmm?" aside, I gotta say that this book was worth every penny. Its the only thing I picked up and I feel more fulfilled by it then I have felt buying several books at times. Tremendously written and superbly crafted. Hilarious. Heart felt.
    And my gawd, the cameos! I love me some cleverly added plot appropriate cameos! My boys Victor and David?? Sensational! Its little winks and nods to the readers like that, that really add a little something extra on this enjoyment train! If this caliber of story continues, this is easily climbing to my top reads/fave books quickly.

Oh.
    And one final comment. Spencer succeeded in properly handling Cassie in a way that endeared her to me at times (chatting with Dad on the way home about the high school social political system) and then reminded me what an absolute pill she can be (the oh-so-pretentious rant arguing the superiority of Battle Royale over the Hunger Games). Attaboy Spence!

Just a friendly reminder: Stay civil everyone.

I agree with many of the posters here. This issue just had a ton of heart, and made me appreciate Scott Lang. At the end of the day, yeah, he's a flaky adult and superhero, but he still cares for Cassie a lot. Speaking of which, I did wish that a bit more of Cassie's time in the Young Avengers and like her, y'know, COMING BACK FROM THE DEAD, were covered in the issue. But hey, with writing this good, I can overlook the finer details.

By the way, loved the fake-out. Totally expected the series to have Scott be involved with Stark. In any case, good to see Marvel set Scott's story in Florida. Hopefully, we'll get some good stories there. I mean, not much happens in Marvel's Florida except, y'know, Man-Thing............................................. ..................now that I mention it.........................................!
    Last edited by Tien Long; 01-08-2015 at 07:39 AM.
    "I am a man of peace."

"A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."

Time for Dissection FlashingSabre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by itspopularnowitsucks View Post
    romance between two hawkeyes?
    ewewewewewewewewewewew!!!!!!!
    Cyclops was right

Astonishing Member

A great issue and a nice, easily accessible, intro to the character.

It seems like Spencer's tumblr is a must, since he's been clarifying certain aspects of the title.

http://nickspencerly.tumblr.com/

Things Spencer has stated...

Peggy is still with Blake.

Cassie is 15. Scott only said she was 14 because he is a little confused by their personal timelines due to shenanigans.

Nothing about Cassie's history was retconned. She hasn't been de-powered or de-aged.

Speaking of, people have asked about the other Young Avengers. Spencer said there were no "immediate plans" but would like to see them appear in the title in the future.

Also, maybe a little Jack of Hearts in the title? "That would be cool."

Thank you so much for the Spencer info-crumbs, Kevinroc!!!

Amazing Member

One thing that confused me is... what happened to Darla Deering? She is never mentioned in the issue!

Her relationship with Scott was one of the best things in Fraction's FF, and in the AW arc where Cassie is resurrected she appears as living with Scott... what happened to her and Scott?

Last question: if Scarlet Witch powers can be used to resurrect someone died at a random point in space and time (as done by Doom) why isn't Scarlet Witch resurrecting people here in there all day long?

Scott's narration sounded like boomerang (with love of money replaced by love of Cassie). Rather generically offbeat witty hipster voice. Other than that, really fun. I just hope it doesn't presage the movie being another rehash of the plucky white guy story (the way Star-Lord, though enjoyable and well-played, was). On the other hand, usually Scott is just depressing: technologically clever, but socially bland. Never seen him so bouncy. Fun, but repetitive.