Page 1 of 23 1234511 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Default The Atom (Ray Palmer) Appreciation Thread

DC Forum Appreciation Thread rules:

1) No negative comments about the honoree of this thread. It's an appreciation thread, not a non-appreciation one.

2) No negative discussion about any competitors of the honoree of this thread (i.e. John Stewart in the Hal Jordan thread). No ifs, ands, or buts. Find another non-appreciation thread to do that, just not here.

3) No negative comments about other versions of the character. For example, if you like the DCU version of Cyborg, but hate the DCnU version (or visa versa), just appreciate the earlier version and keep your comments about the latter to yourself.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Atom in Arrow

atom-exosuit-115163-e1418309653967.jpg

A possible angle for an new Atom ongoing...the Unobserved Universe.

Besides the microverse the Atom with the SHADE organization should be able to go into parts of the Universe that is unobservable. There's a theory in Physics called the reciprocal perspective which says that there is a material sector and a cosmic sector. Also if you use the African saying of As above So Below and apply it to the atoms in our bodies and other solid objects you will find that the atoms in objects are a mirror of what's out their in space.
    Consequently, the Atom can theoretically see the 'unobserved' Universe by being inside the micro-verse.
    In the reciprocal perspective theory it says that
    The material sector is our common reference frame that contains the observable and measurable structure of the universe, the cosmic sector remains unobservable and unmeasurable to our physical senses, though we can see it's effects on how time changes space. Those effects being called Force Fields (electric and magnetic fields). We cannot see a magnetic line of force until it interacts with a material object such as iron filings and alters their behavior in space.

The atom can investigate magnetic lines in the unobserved Universe which are having effects on Earth such as maybe freak storms, virus, people turning into Zombies.

I am interested in seeing how he is received by audiences in the coming second half of this season on Arrow. There are rumors that if he does well he might receive his own show.

BANNED

I can't say I've been enjoying Palmer on the show. They haven't been doing much with him.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninjak View Post
    I can't say I've been enjoying Palmer on the show. They haven't been doing much with him.
    He has been very secretive. So I will be interested to see how they evolve his character as this season continues.

Extraordinary Member

Routh has played him to perfection, he's on the things I look most forward to seeing on Arrow.

Routh was a very good choice to play Palmer. He can really bring a presence that I always imaged Ray would have.

So is Palmer going to be running around in the ATOM suit without the ability to shrink? Because I thought that I heard that he wouldn't be shrinking on Arrow.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Fan of Ray Palmer's since the late '60s (like many other DC characters, Saturday morning television was the place where I first saw The Mighty Mite).
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MikeMC005 View Post
    I am interested in seeing how he is received by audiences in the coming second half of this season on Arrow. There are rumors that if he does well he might receive his own show.
    That would be awesome if that was true. I have been enjoying Routh's characterization so far on Arrow.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Time for Dissection FlashingSabre's Avatar

So Atom fans, I've been lookimg to get into the good Professor Palmer. Any recommendations for stories?
    Cyclops was right

Atom does not have that many regular series. I remember post-coie had Power of the Atom.
    http://www.comics.org/series/3611/covers/

I can see DC creating an team book with ATOM at the center if he becomes really popular in the show or even gets his own show but I cant see him being able to carry his own solo and thats not a knock on him or his character its just a fact that not everyone can carry the sales needed to sustain their own solo book.
    Pull List:
    DC: Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, Action Comics, Detective Comics, Green Lanterns, The Flash, Aquaman, Titans, Justice League, HJATGL, Supergirl, Superwoman, DC Bombshells
    Marvel: CANCELLED (good luck with your seasonal approach and constant reboots... I'll miss the characters though)
    Zenescope: Grimm Fairy Tales

It would be nice if their presence on the DCTVU means that Atom and Firestorm might get pushes for books maybe Post-Convergence. Ray's already become the Atom in the comics, but I legit have no idea where Firestorm/Ronnie/Jason is post-Forever Evil.

I know they're setting up the Atom suit to be more military-based, but I'd be really disappointed if they don't keep the size-shrinking ability. It wouldn't be Atom without it .

And yeah, while I was iffy on Ray in the season premier, Brandon Routh's performance has really sold me on him and I'm quite like looking forward to finally seeing him in-suit .

Maybe tv will try to turn Atom more into the golden age Atom, new 52 earth 2 atom, cyclotron, neutron and Captain Atom. Maybe the tv atom will be more like nuklon or the movie nuclear man.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by FlashingSabre View Post
    So Atom fans, I've been lookimg to get into the good Professor Palmer. Any recommendations for stories?
    Check out Sword of the Atom & All-New Atom.

All New Atom features Ryan Choi and not Ray Palmer.