Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    BANNED

One of my favorites is Identity Crisis.

Identity_crisis_1.jpg

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by FlashingSabre View Post
    So Atom fans, I've been lookimg to get into the good Professor Palmer. Any recommendations for stories?
    He's been functioning in a ... diminished ... capacity these last few years. As a fringe player. And Jeff Lemire has been a bit proprietary with him, too, which isn't a bad thing if we'd get a solo out of it.

The Atoms - Palmer & Choi get the smallest of cameos in Final Crisis, so it's not the best example, but stuff after that is pretty good showcase for Palmer. That said, while they both feature in James Robinson's Justice League: Cry For Justice ... ew. I recommend don't.
    Blackest Night: Geoff Johns used Blackest Night not just to be a big GL story but to showcase the characters who weren't A-List but should have been, so The Atom and Mera have a huge showcase here.
    Blackest Night: The Atom & Hawkman. One-shot, one of the few very important ones with big plot points for Blackest Night, that plays on the old Atom/Hawkman friendship.
    Brightest Day: The Atom. Lemire & Mahmud Asrar. Lovely one-shot. Introduces the Ant Farm.
    Frankenstein: Agent of S.H.A.D.E.. Lemire & Alberto Ponticelli. In the New 52 The Atom is sort of the ultimate super scientist in charge of the mad-science and monster-hunting S.H.A.D.E that Grant Morrison created. Like, he's the Q to Frankenstein's Bond. While he's a supporting role here, he steals the scene and does jump into action after a while. Plus it's a short run title.
    Batman/Superman # 10. Ray finally suits up as The Atom and helps Superman save Batman.
    Red Hood and the Outlaws 32-34. Red Hood and friends run afoul of S.H.A.D.E. and so S.H.A.D.E. conscripts them for a mission that sets off the whole most recent storyline. In the wake of his recent history and Forever Evil, Man-Bat works for S.H.A.D.E. now, so he works directly for The Atom. I hope they do something with that.
    The New 52: Futures End. More Jeff Lemire stuff with S.H.A.D.E., set in the Future. One of the better characterizations because it's basically just a possible continuation of the Frankenstein run.
    Retro315 no more. Anonymity is so 2005.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com

can't believe there never was an atom appreciation page before...

but hey.. i'm happy there is now. and i hope ray palmer gets more air time in arrow.

Maybe the cw Atom will be more like Iron Man than Ant Man.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by colonyofcells View Post
    Heh. I think there's a way for there to be a tiny Atom...but not have any shrinking....

The suit actually controls, remotely, waldoes....miniature waldoes. And if Dr. Palmer adds the innovation that he can project his consciousness into them.....

Maybe the atom suit will let atom fly like superman.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MikeMC005 View Post
    I can see DC creating an team book with ATOM at the center if he becomes really popular in the show or even gets his own show but I cant see him being able to carry his own solo and thats not a knock on him or his character its just a fact that not everyone can carry the sales needed to sustain their own solo book.
    I would team up the Atom with Superman based on the concept of As Above So Below and the reciprocal perspective theory. According to this video
    Radius of Observable Universe

The unobserved Universe contains white hot plasma. Similarly the atmosphere of the sun contains neon plasma that is called the photosphere. http://www.thesurfaceofthesun.com/ Applying the concept of Reciprocal perspective theory and As above So Below theoretically (In the Sci-Fi Fantasy Realm) the Sun could possibly be a mirror of the unobserved Universe and contain a map or blueprint of what the unobserved Universe looks like. This could be a great starting point for a Superman and Atom Team-up because of course someone like Superman can be the only person that can go inside the sun.

So my Atom/Superman team-up will be Sci-fi Fantasy based.

24-The-Atom.jpg

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It would be nice if their presence on the DCTVU means that Atom and Firestorm might get pushes for books maybe Post-Convergence. Ray's already become the Atom in the comics, but I legit have no idea where Firestorm/Ronnie/Jason is post-Forever Evil.

I know they're setting up the Atom suit to be more military-based, but I'd be really disappointed if they don't keep the size-shrinking ability. It wouldn't be Atom without it .

And yeah, while I was iffy on Ray in the season premier, Brandon Routh's performance has really sold me on him and I'm quite like looking forward to finally seeing him in-suit .
    Putting together Firestorm and Atom maybe a good idea for an ongoing or a mini-series. Conceivably using the concept of atomic absorption the Atom can take on Firestorm by matching his energy levels. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stimulated_emission-atomic absorption in which the energy of an absorbed photon causes an identical but opposite atomic transition: from the lower level to a higher energy level.

Quote Originally Posted by colonyofcells View Post
    ray not being a professor or a physicist is fine with me.. him being a ceo is cool... but the size changing powers is a must for me.

Quote Originally Posted by gwangung View Post
    Heh. I think there's a way for there to be a tiny Atom...but not have any shrinking....

The suit actually controls, remotely, waldoes....miniature waldoes. And if Dr. Palmer adds the innovation that he can project his consciousness into them.....
    this.. is actually a pretty good idea.. i am intrigued.

this would be cool if this happened.

https://tv.yahoo.com/news/cw-eyeing-...214108948.html

For a tv atom, atom can probably be a detective solving new cases every week similar to izombie tv show.

maybe pattern it after the x-files, or fringe but a little light hearted.

it even be used to introduce the doom patrol and the rest of the weird side of the dcu.

Maybe Ray palmer can investigate crimes where science has been used that the police can't understand.

Time for Dissection FlashingSabre's Avatar

Any good Atom stories Pre-Identity Crisis?
    Cyclops was right