Page 10 of 23 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by upgrayedd View Post
    How about a big hand for Ray? This is the Atom appreciation thread after all.
    Quote Originally Posted by upgrayedd View Post
    If Ray had of discovered this ability earlier in his career, his Jean would not have left him.
    Hilarious, upgrayedd!

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by JLH View Post
    You took my comment re: someone seeing me reading a Big Hand Atom story too literally; I have no such concerns.

I don't think I went into this comic with any sort of expectation at all (other than that it was an interesting, entertaining story) but I guess in the future, when I pick up another Atom title, my expectation would be that it not involve the Atom with an overgrown hand/arm...
    Yes, I thought it dumb at first...but the moment he goes crazy and mentions "where does my mass go?", I instantly realized EXACTLY what was going on with that. How the heck he got there in the hand is beyond me, but I'd like to discuss but for the life of me can't find an actual Convergence Atom thread...

EDIT: I've read various sites reviews just to find others talking about the issue and I'm not sure exactly if everyone got WHY the hand was big. You realize the mass was Ryan, right? That Ray wasn't crazy and was talking to the mass/energy of Ryan trapped in his hand? Who was freed when he got stabbed/dome went down..? And that he was deliberately nutty on TV as an attempt to draw Deathstroke out? The amount of reviews I just read who were completely clueless is utterly shocking...
    Last edited by Master X; 04-18-2015 at 12:33 PM.

Astonishing Member signalman112's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by themiddle View Post

It was only a 4 issue mini-series plus 3 specials but I enjoyed reading Atom adventures in the Amazon with the little yellow alien people.
    Too bad there weren't more DC Nation Shorts. Only 3 maybe 4.
    Also "Sword of the Atom" was a fine B:TB&TB episode.

Quote Originally Posted by signalman112 View Post
    It was only a 4 issue mini-series plus 3 specials but I enjoyed reading Atom adventures in the Amazon with the little yellow alien people.
    Too bad there weren't more DC Nation Shorts. Only 3 maybe 4.
    Also "Sword of the Atom" was a fine B:TB&TB episode.
    that could be a potential storyline if ever the spin off series in cw gets launched.

Anyone gonna miss The Atom on Arrow? I am thrilled he and others will get their own show..but I do think this last season of Arrow benefited from him and of course Brandon Routh wonderful performance.

I would've preferred a cw Justice League again but the spin off looks ok also and sort of looks like the Outsiders.

There have been hints that The ATOM on Arrow will start to experiment with shrinking technology. The nano bots in his body and his fascination with the Bug Eyed Bandit's mini bee robots.

I can see them making his shrinking powers look almost like teleportation. He shrinks down and then appears behind the bad guys and takes them out. At microscopic size his ATOM suit would be very slow trying to fly around. What would be an explanation for his being able to move around quickly while shrunk down? Do you think they'd say he rides photons around? They would need to use an explanation that would look cool and not overly cartoony in live action.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    There have been hints that The ATOM on Arrow will start to experiment with shrinking technology. The nano bots in his body and his fascination with the Bug Eyed Bandit's mini bee robots.

I can see them making his shrinking powers look almost like teleportation. He shrinks down and then appears behind the bad guys and takes them out. At microscopic size his ATOM suit would be very slow trying to fly around. What would be an explanation for his being able to move around quickly while shrunk down? Do you think they'd say he rides photons around? They would need to use an explanation that would look cool and not overly cartoony in live action.
    You know...that actually makes a lot of sense!

I actually picked up his Convergence tie ins mainly for the Green Lantern preview but as actually pretty entertained. My only real exposure to the Atom is Identity Crisis and Cry for Justice so maybe that helped me enjoy them more since I didn't know what to expect. I liked the two issues quite a bit however.
    Of course, I dare. I'm Hal Jordan.

More human than human thetrellan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by devil leonx View Post
    Anyone gonna miss The Atom on Arrow? I am thrilled he and others will get their own show..but I do think this last season of Arrow benefited from him and of course Brandon Routh wonderful performance.
    Not even a little bit. Being around Ollie makes him look kind of pathetic, but that just makes good the logic of him having his own show. It's about time he got serious about this! I don't mind at all him being reduced to the occasional crossover.
    Last edited by thetrellan; 05-16-2015 at 10:48 AM.

Spectacular Member

So...shrinking confirmed and shown for LoT. Mass Zone and Ryan really alive in comics. And no posts...? With the little action this character gets, I'd assume the topic would come alive even at the mention of Ray getting a new haircut.

Incredible Member

really excited that the atom will be front and center in the upcoming spin off series.

Astonishing Member

Brandon should be a great leading man, and I like that he brings something way different to his lead role than say Amell's very physical, flawed Ollie or Grant's likable, but kind of mildly nerdy, mildly hipstery, nice guy with a track runner's build Barry.

Brandon as Ray Palmer has got those old Hollywood leading man looks but a personality that's almost more wry, sensitive, sensible and in touch with a softer side that makes a neat contrast. Obviously there's also the sort of "Steve Jobs: Superhero" thing going on. Lots of fun stuff to play with - here's hoping we get a microscopic civilization, a savage costume, and some swashbuckling.

The Convergence: The Atom stuff has been good this week, too. Some of my favorites. It has indeed been a good couple of Atom weeks. On Arrow, I grinned ear to ear when that (white star matter?) explosion obliterated the top floor of the Queen Building.

What's more I recently got back in touch with a re-read of Lemire's work with Ray by reading the Brightest Day Special, Frankenstein and that Batman/Superman issue. I've gotta backtrack the Adventure Comics backups, though.
    Retro315 no more. Anonymity is so 2005.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by K. Jones View Post
    Brandon should be a great leading man, and I like that he brings something way different to his lead role than say Amell's very physical, flawed Ollie or Grant's likable, but kind of mildly nerdy, mildly hipstery, nice guy with a track runner's build Barry.

Brandon as Ray Palmer has got those old Hollywood leading man looks but a personality that's almost more wry, sensitive, sensible and in touch with a softer side that makes a neat contrast. Obviously there's also the sort of "Steve Jobs: Superhero" thing going on. Lots of fun stuff to play with - here's hoping we get a microscopic civilization, a savage costume, and some swashbuckling.

The Convergence: The Atom stuff has been good this week, too. Some of my favorites. It has indeed been a good couple of Atom weeks. On Arrow, I grinned ear to ear when that (white star matter?) explosion obliterated the top floor of the Queen Building.

What's more I recently got back in touch with a re-read of Lemire's work with Ray by reading the Brightest Day Special, Frankenstein and that Batman/Superman issue. I've gotta backtrack the Adventure Comics backups, though.
    Yes, good couple of weeks. DC take note; now is the time to get ready to push a new Atom book. Since there'll likely be a LoT book in the vein of Arrow/Flash, too. Get Johns on reimagining the Atom world ready for when LoT starts. Don't miss this chance, DC.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

It just doesn't make sense, as we know things at present, to have Captain Cold & Heat Wave on this team. Sure the comic characters have had some turns to the side of justice but as we know the TV characters, this early, it doesn't make sense. Hoping for solid explanations.

The rest of this Legends of Tomorrow series looks intriguing though.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime