Page 12 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast

glad that ray palmer will soon be on the tv screen next week. i'm a bit torn on this, because a part of me keeps on thinking that that character could have been ted kord.

Quote Originally Posted by liwanag View Post
    glad that ray palmer will soon be on the tv screen next week. i'm a bit torn on this, because a part of me keeps on thinking that that character could have been ted kord.
    I know what you mean, the blue beetle a character that deserves some love too, but so does the Atom.

I thought these panels reflect a clever fighting technique of Ray Palmer.
    Hit...surprise!....and shrink.

"History of the DC Universe" by Wolfman and Perez, when the DCU use to make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Herowatcher View Post
    I thought these panels reflect a clever fighting technique of Ray Palmer.
    Hit...surprise!....and shrink.

that was really cool. what title was this in?

there are actually so many ways the atom can be an effective fighter, he could have taken these clowns in so many ways.

Quote Originally Posted by liwanag View Post
    that was really cool. what title was this in?

there are actually so many ways the atom can be an effective fighter, he could have taken these clowns in so many ways.
    I think this is from the Brightest Day Atom Special #1.
    Good issue BTW.
    "History of the DC Universe" by Wolfman and Perez, when the DCU use to make sense.

BANNED

Does anyone think that Ant-Man killed any chance for a potential Atom movie? Of course, us geeks know that there's a difference between the two. It's the GP they have to worry about.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberpunk Ronin View Post
    Does anyone think that Ant-Man killed any chance for a potential Atom movie? Of course, us geeks know that there's a difference between the two. It's the GP they have to worry about.
    Yes, but DC could use the chance to make a new series for Atom where Ray Palmer becomes the top scientist of the DC universe.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberpunk Ronin View Post
    Actually quite the opposite, Ant-Man worked out very well for a premise most non-comic fans would laugh at. With Ray being in LoT that could boost his popularity and get him more exposure to the GA.

If DC went for a Sword of Atom type story that could be a huge way to tell the difference between Ant-Man and the Atom.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

I tried to watch Heroes of Tomorrow and couldn't last through an entire episode....sorry.

Anyone else think The Atom is written way too goofy on that show?

More human than human thetrellan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    Actually quite the opposite, Ant-Man worked out very well for a premise most non-comic fans would laugh at. With Ray being in LoT that could boost his popularity and get him more exposure to the GA.

If DC went for a Sword of Atom type story that could be a huge way to tell the difference between Ant-Man and the Atom.
    Sword of the Atom was a ripoff of Burroughs' John Carter and Venus books. I liked it, and the original approach to sword and planet fiction- that is, to make the alien planet Earth- but it wasn't really the Atom. It was more interesting than that. Plus the guy never, or hardly ever, changed size in that series. That tells you: this is not the Atom.

I tried to watch Heroes of Tomorrow and couldn't last through an entire episode....sorry.

Anyone else think The Atom is written way too goofy on that show?
    Not any goofier than he was on Arrow. I'm still giving it time, myself. If I learned one thing from Gotham, it's to give DC time gain momentum on their shows. Didn't really care for the first season, then bam! The roller coaster ride began. Supergirl was the same way. Legends of Tomorrow deals with characters I never warmed up to, the Canary and Firestorm being the only exceptions. The Hawks, the Atom, Vandal Savage,Rip Hunter. Even the Rogues are awful in my eyes. But I expect to have my mind changed. That's how good DC has been with TV in the new millennium.
    Last edited by thetrellan; 02-18-2016 at 02:10 PM.

Incredible Member

yeah, he seems different on the show. a little less confident, but is still smart. i'm just glad that cw seems to be doing good with ratings.

A lot of great artistic interpretation for an artist assigned to the Atom.

More human than human thetrellan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by themiddle View Post
    yeah, he seems different on the show. a little less confident, but is still smart. i'm just glad that cw seems to be doing good with ratings.
    In part I think it's because he's rubbing elbows with hardened criminals like Cold and Heat Wave. And there is no romantic interest to shine a light on his manliness. I always thought he was kind of a goofball, but he did seem more respectable as the head of a huge corporation/love interest. Without that, all that's left is an incredibly smart goofball. But give it time. The show gets more interesting with each episode, and eventually he will get the spotlight he deserves.

A lot of great artistic interpretation for an artist assigned to the Atom.

Awesome piece of artwork

Incredible Member