Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by FlashingSabre View Post
    Any good Atom stories Pre-Identity Crisis?
    One of my favorites...A multi-part story featuring the Atom in
    Justice League of America #213-216

BANNED

Right before Identity Crisis he was in the mini-series called Zero Hour where he was de-aged. after that series ended he Joined Dan Jurgens version of the Teen Titans. When the Teen Titans disband he was in the weekly year long series called 52.

Both 1980's series The Sword of the Atom & The Power of the Atom were good. SOA had great Gil Kane art. POA was written by Roger Stern & Tom Peyer with art by Dwayne Turner & Graham Nolan.

i remember the atom had a 4 issue arc over at the suicide squad. it guest starred superman and aquaman i think.

CONVERGENCE: THE ATOM #1
    Written by TOM PEYER
    Art by STEVE YEOWELL and ANDY OWENS
    Cover by STEVE DILLON
    Variant cover designed by CHIP KIDD
    On sale APRIL 8 • 32 pg, FC, 1 of 2, $3.99 US • RATED T
    STARRING HEROES FROM THE PRE-FLASHPOINT DCU! There’s a mysterious voice in Ray Palmer’s head! Does that mean The Atom is going mad? To find out what’s really going on, he’ll have to go down a road that will pit him against the ever deadly Deathstroke!

ignore, forgot to quote
    Man of Steel, Batman v. Superman, Justice League.

My favorite film trilogy.

Sword of the Atom.
    Man of Steel, Batman v. Superman, Justice League.

My favorite film trilogy.

BANNED

Power_of_the_Atom_07.jpg

http://legendaryjanus.proboards.com/thread/162
    The Spiritron is a pure energy atomic particle that flows within and through everything. In its rawest form the Spiritron (St) is very active and will attempt to bond with any matter, however Spiritrons do not naturally bond to each other unless forced to do such. One example being when (St's) are pulled through a black hole. Such a massive compression of time and space can easily force Spiritrons to become so close together they combine into a cluster. By nature the (St) is drawn to all matter and bonds to it directly. Once matter is bonded with a certain amount of (St) more (St) can not naturally bond to the matter. Manipulation of the (St) has dozens of methods. Magic, Spiritual Arts, and Alchemy being only a few. The (St) follows similar but not the exact rules that all atoms do. A positive, a negative, and a chaotic. The chaotic constantly changes between positive and negative allowing it to circle the cluster of the (St). Manipulation of the positive, negative and chaotic aid in the development of magic and alchemy. By breaking down the Spiritron on such a level a mage can create thunderous lightning bolts and potent fireballs. An alchemist can use this manipulation to aid in the creation of a new metal, or in the shaping of the object they are trying to create.

Astonishing Member

The Atom stories on Batman: The Brave and the Bold are some of my all-time favorites, whether it's Ryan's deference to Ray's classical superheroism or just the fact that Batman and Aquaman are down to adventure.
    Retro315 no more. Anonymity is so 2005.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com

Fan of Ray Palmer as The Atom

"History of the DC Universe" by Wolfman and Perez, when the DCU use to make sense.

I'd also recommend the 1990s Atom Specials. There were two of them, both written by Tom Peyer (see also the Power of the Atom and the upcoming Convergence Atom comics).

http://www.comicvine.com/atom-special/4050-4948/

I thought those were a couple of good, entertaining comics with some pretty phenomenal art.

On an note unrelated to those specials, does anyone else remember the old Humbug villain from the Power of the Atom series? Man, I loved that creepy crazy bad guy. When I looked him up on Comic Vine and found out he didn't have an entry, I had to create an account and generate the entry myself. I wish DC still used him.

http://www.comicvine.com/humbug/4005-29391/

i'm not that familiar with atom's rogues gallery. i only know chronos. any other iconic villains out there?

uhmm.. wasn't the floronic man initially an atom villain?