Page 6 of 23 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member PhantomReporter's Avatar

There was a moment when he was briefly on the phone talking about transporting the dwarfstar sample back from the expedition. Seeing as how Project A.T.O.M seems to be independent of this, it could be a clue to Ray accidentally developing additional size changing powers.

see, i was wondering if there was any mention of a dwarfstar powered tech. must have totally missed it then.

it's cool he can fly and the armor probably provides protection from bullets, but i really hope that atom gains size manipulation powers.

More human than human thetrellan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by liwanag View Post
    see, i was wondering if there was any mention of a dwarfstar powered tech. must have totally missed it then.

it's cool he can fly and the armor probably provides protection from bullets, but i really hope that atom gains size manipulation powers.
    I can verify the dwarf star reference btw.

Time for Dissection FlashingSabre's Avatar

I actually really like the armor. I just hope does get shrinking powers. The armor adds to his powered, which he definitely needs. Just shrinking doesn't cut it these days.
    Cyclops was right

Quote Originally Posted by FlashingSabre View Post
    I actually really like the armor. I just hope does get shrinking powers. The armor adds to his powered, which he definitely needs. Just shrinking doesn't cut it these days.
    It does make sense to wear armor that can augment your strength if one can shrink. It can prevent accidental squishing, helps one turn knobs and levers..

Just saying that hopefully the powers that be include the Atom's signature power in his suits arsenal.

Maybe the armor of Atom will be able to replicate a wide variety of powers.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by colonyofcells View Post
    Maybe the armor of Atom will be able to replicate a wide variety of powers.
    one of which i hope is shrinking.

i just can't disassociate the atom with shrinking. and physics.

really excited and hoping the atom gets a spin off

Looks like a spring-loaded Iron Man.

Quote Originally Posted by The Odd Man View Post
    SWORD OF THE ATOM is what actually made me interested in the Atom as a teen. I always found him boring before that, but Jan Strnad's writing and Gil Kane's art changed my mind. Would have loved an ongoing set in the unexplored Amazon.

I always thought it was pretty imaginative of them to take such a Burroughsian approach to the character. Sword-and-planet fiction right here on Earth. ERB would have loved it.
    Last edited by thetrellan; 03-04-2015 at 01:11 PM.

Incredible Member

the armor looks fine. i actually can't wait to see it in action. hopefully the range of movement is not too clunky.

really excited and hoping the atom gets a spin off

Looks even better on the show!

Quote Originally Posted by themiddle View Post
    the armor looks fine. i actually can't wait to see it in action. hopefully the range of movement is not too clunky.
    Well, it's really the compression and stair stepping effects that make it look like it's held together by springs. On the show it looks great. Sue me, I'm a wise ass.

Incredible Member

if they decided to do an atom spin off series, then who are the possible supporting casts.

it would be a big loss for arrow if felicity decides to jump ship and go with ray.

Quote Originally Posted by themiddle View Post
    if they decided to do an atom spin off series, then who are the possible supporting casts.

it would be a big loss for arrow if felicity decides to jump ship and go with ray.
    It does seem like she's being groomed to make the jump to Team Atom, as much as I would really miss her on the show and her dynamic with Team Arrow, though she and Ray seem like they'll be a cute couple .

If I had to guess on a supporting cast...well, I could see Ryan Choi popping up maybe, and I don't expect Jean Loring (for several reasons) so they might do what they did with Flash and sprinkle in other DC heroes/villains and original characters.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It does seem like she's being groomed to make the jump to Team Atom, as much as I would really miss her on the show and her dynamic with Team Arrow, though she and Ray seem like they'll be a cute couple .

If I had to guess on a supporting cast...well, I could see Ryan Choi popping up maybe, and I don't expect Jean Loring (for several reasons) so they might do what they did with Flash and sprinkle in other DC heroes/villains and original characters.
    ryan choi definitelly.

and i would add rhonda pineda as well. then after the second season, the show reveals that rhonda is actually faux-rhonda, a being who kidnapped the original rhonda, and took her to an alternate earth. the atom series could introduce the earth 3 dimension.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

i hope felicity does not leave arrow. that show needs her light personality.

what was the name of ray's girlfriend that got killed? was it jean loring?