Page 8 of 23 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Maybe dc will also change the comic book atom into an Iron Man.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkman View Post
    I'm fully expecting something to go wrong with the suit, Ray disappears, everyone assumes he's dead, and it turns out he just shrunk. Maybe that's just wishful thinking on my part, but the way the suit was sort of thrown together and not properly tested beforehand, it would make (fictional) sense for it to play out this way.

Not crazy about the super-suit angle either way, though. It admittedly does work better considering the character's motivations in the Arrow-verse than him inventing an outright shrinking device, but then the question becomes why use Ray in the first place? I don't know what the legalities are, but assuming he was available to WB, why not use Hardware instead?
    hey, that could work. we could have a search for ray palmer in a couple of episodes in arrow, and the revelation that he actually shrunk in the pilot episode of the spin off.

Incredible Member

I'm fully expecting something to go wrong with the suit, Ray disappears, everyone assumes he's dead, and it turns out he just shrunk. Maybe that's just wishful thinking on my part, but the way the suit was sort of thrown together and not properly tested beforehand, it would make (fictional) sense for it to play out this way.

Not crazy about the super-suit angle either way, though. It admittedly does work better considering the character's motivations in the Arrow-verse than him inventing an outright shrinking device, but then the question becomes why use Ray in the first place? I don't know what the legalities are, but assuming he was available to WB, why not use Hardware instead?
    that would be a great idea to introduce the shrinking powers. if that happens, that would be right up the type of expertise of star labs.

the a.t.o.m. suit needs some more tweaking, and i'm hoping for more specialized powers to show up (in addition to flight and electric blasts).

Incredible Member

Incredible Member

Incredible Member

i hope that the nanite is ray's body would somehow give him other abilities. shrinking perhaps?

More human than human thetrellan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by themiddle View Post
    i hope that the nanite is ray's body would somehow give him other abilities. shrinking perhaps?
    Well, he did say that they would shrink the blood clot and that they were experimental. He might have meant shrink literally. Or maybe we're just being teased.

Incredible Member

Incredible Member

i think i'm warming up to the idea of the atom wearing armor

BANNED

I think Atom is a superhero that should have multiple costumes for different scenarios. Also, on Arrow, it would be cool to see Ray work with ARGUS.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Convergence: The Atom #1 preview:

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

well, at least the atom still maintained some semblance of size altering ability...