Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    BANNED

The hands down best written X-title at the moment (IMO).. If Molina stayed I would call it the best creative team total...Immonen still reigns for me, especially having only 3 fill-in's in 27 issues.
    Every issue here moves the plot forward, has grown the characters and makes the wait for the next issue a little harder to bear. Once Kim returns I think I will collect it in trades, but if Molina, or a similar artist were added it would become a monthly must buy for me.

Holy &#!%. I am speechless. What a great issue. No idea what is up with Cable, but I'm sure we'll find out soon. Wow.

Can't wait for Domino to join the team! We need more of explanation as to what happened to the X-Force(s) post Vendetta.

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    Now the only tech missing a usage yet is the "Fleshprinter", most likely some sort of clone device.
    The goons might be the result of the fleshprinters as they all look the same. Volga may have printed some bodies for himself and it may also explain how Cable survives as perhaps he, Hope or Doc Nemesis got their hands on a fleshprinter and he keeps printing himself a new body.

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Hound View Post
    I keep having to go back and read earlier issues because Spurrier reveals something that puts a different shade of meaning on what's already happened.

The first issue: where she's talking to "baby" and then decides she has to forget who baby is has become unexpectedly poignant. And the music analogies make more sense with the knowledge she's been repowered with the help of a music virus.

Takes me a few reads and a few days to work out each issue. I love how SS's plots work out and reveal themselves over time. It was brilliantly done in Legacy, and I think just as good here.

He's very good at springing the best sort of plot twists: the ones where you go "what the!..... Hmm.....actually, that makes sense."
    Yeah he definitely makes you have to re-read things. I initially thought she was talking about someone in the first issue but then completely forgot about that until this issue. This really was the first issue where I was like "Yep this is definitely the same guy that wrote XML." Just fucking brilliant.
    It's hard for me to listen to someone not in my position. A caterpillar can't relate to what an eagle envisions.

I guess that was why Betsy had no sympathy for Marrow when she was breaking down each of their roles in joining Cable.

Lick on, sweet prince. Sea Hound's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by remydat View Post

Yeah he definitely makes you have to re-read things. I initially thought she was talking about someone in the first issue but then completely forgot about that until this issue. This really was the first issue where I was like "Yep this is definitely the same guy that wrote XML." Just fucking brilliant.
    XML was a bit of a slow starter too, I thought, then the earlier issues made more sense later on. He's definitely a writer you have to stick with for a bit: then the payoff is huge.

Maybe not the best for the current market sadly. You have to read for at least 6-10 issues to really see his strengths.

Quote Originally Posted by Daymare View Post
    Sorry, that is what I meant as a cannon character (the from the future was in regards to his current age) ... so his history would be affected by changes made to modern characters. If Jean does not leave, he does not get born. Rachel, no matter the changes would not necessarily be affected and Nate Grey would not be as they are from alternates, but Nathan would be effectively wiped out as his past matters to his future...
    Hope would be rewritten or cease as well...I guess, in general, most of the histories would be stricken.
    I don't really see why so many people are worried about things like this in regards to ANXM. We know from past experience that Marvel doesn't do reboots so there is no reason to think that O5 being in the present will have long term effects once they're gone. No matter what Bendis does with them the story will eventually end with O5's minds being erased and them going back to past. It's the ONLY possible conclusion for that story. If they don't go back or retain their memories when they go back then it would change everything in the x-verse and it would be essentially a reboot which Marvel doesn't do.

They could OMD X-Men but there's the problem that having O5 retain their memories would result in bigger changes than changing just one thing like Spidey's marriage. Other people support the idea that they'll be revealed to be alternate versions who decide to stay but I doubt it. I think that their memories of being in the present get suppressed by Jean or something and then they go back and another telepath then "unlocks" those memories in the present versions' minds or that their memories of present experiences will be transferred from the O5's minds to their present counterparts minds. (Except Jean) That way it can have some effect on their future by having the experiences but those memories won't affect their actions in the past since they don't have those memories at that point.

So no matter what Bendis' little rehashing story won't have repercussions on the past since it can't so people should stop worrying about it.

So now the question isn't, "How did Marrow get her powers back?"

Instead it's... "Who was the father of her baby?"
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Unglaublich!

Marrow has been one of my favourite characters since OZT and Spurrier's development of her here is very impressive! Her issue 1 monologue now makes a lot more sense and I'm looking forward to finding out how her long story will play out, now she's been forced to remember (if Volga's on the level, of course) that she essentially valued her lost powers over her unborn child...

Count me in for the long haul!

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post

Surprisingly enough, I don't care about that.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post

Cannonballz.

Quote Originally Posted by jarrod View Post
    Cannonballz.
    Or Colossus. Or Gambit.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Nicoclaws View Post
    Or Colossus. Or Gambit.
    Or Ultron~~~~~~~~!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jarrod View Post
    Cannonballz.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicoclaws View Post
    Or Colossus. Or Gambit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flight View Post
    Or Ultron~~~~~~~~!!!
    Given her unique anatomy, maybe she boned herself?

I mean, we know she had two hearts, once upon a time...
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Or perhaps it's yet another child of Mystique!