Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

I shave twice a week, usually on sundays and thursdays. My hair is naturally curly, so when I let my facial hair grow long then shave it I have a problem with ingrown hairs and razor bumps. I want to get one of those double edged safety razors, but for now I just use cheap disposable ones, I also use barbasol shaving cream and aftershave.

Self-Proclaimed Genius clayholio's Avatar

As infrequently as possible.

In general, I always have some arrangement of facial hair, so I just trim whatever needs it with a beard trimmer. Before that, razor burn was constant, and annoying. I don't miss that at all.
    clayholio

Ink Is My Perfume (art blog) - Clayholio Watches Movies (Movie Reviews)

Incredible Member

I shave in the shower, with no shaving cream or soap. I use a five-blade thing that I got as a free sample for most of my face, with a two-blade Atra for right under my nose - the five-blade one just doesn't work well there.

when I get itchy.

I'm REALLY hairy, but since I work from home, I shave maybe twice a week.

more frequently if I'm going somewhere "dressy" or if Nick complains
    A sandwich is a sandwich, but a Manwich is a meal

"Evil people can do some non-evil things, and most of them do. That doesn't mean they aren't evil." -- JeffereyWKramer

http://30.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ll...yo5eo1_400.gif

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

With a Gillette razor and shaving gel. Usually once a month, since I can't seem to grow facial hair as quickly as others.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Electric razor. I'm pretty lazy when it comes to shaving. Usually let it grow wild for months, finally get fed up with it, and shave.
    "I'm only playing devil's advocate, Professor. You've always encouraged us to dream... ...I just wondered what would happen if one of us had a dream you didn't like?"

Extraordinary Member t hedge coke's Avatar

Disposable razor (whatever's cheap, but preferably not so swively a head) and water (preferably hot). I've tried creams, aftershaves, soaps and electric razors but it just seems like a lot of work for nothing.
    Patsy Walker on TV! Patsy Walker in new comics! Patsy Walker in your brain! And Jessica Jones is the new Nancy! (Oh, and read the Comics Cube.)

I use an electric shaver because I am lazy and do not want to cut my head off accidentally.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Wolf View Post
    I use an electric shaver because I am lazy and do not want to cut my head off accidentally.
    B-but what if your electric shaver EXPLODES!!!

Quote Originally Posted by RockyBanks View Post

No, I'm not looking for someone to explain it to me.

Shaving is a task that I've never put much thought into, but I've recently stumbled across a lot of conversations and chatter on the subject: straight razors vs cartridges, custom shaving creams vs soap-and-water, the merits of a barbershop shave, et cetera.

In fact, I recently purchased a Truman Kit from Harry's Razors (link) based on a recommendation, and I was impressed enough with it (and the concept of an automatic refill subscription) that I've started to give my grooming routine some serious consideration.

So, I'm curious about how others approach the subject. Tell me about your shaving habits. What do you use to shave, and why? How often? Do you have a "shaving plan" subscription, like from Harry's or Dollar Shave Club? Is a barbershop shave worth the time and money? Is a shaving brush worth investing in?
    Reguar Bar soap, then With a disposable single blade razor, follows by a cheap 6 blade razor. If I try to start with a the 6 blade it becomes too clogged to use in half a shave, and the singles require too many repeated pass to get my face clean shaven , my face gets raw. .

I have a five o'clock shadow, Now white, by noon or so

Quote Originally Posted by Alvarez View Post
    I plant my feet into the ground and will each hair follicle out of my face.
    If you have a YouTube tutorial of this, please post it here.

BANNED

All too rarely...

I pretend to shave my non-existent facial hair with my non-existent razor.

Has anybody ever had a shave with a straight razor before? A few years ago, I went to a barber shop, and near the end of cutting my hair the lady asked if I'd like a shave, too. I thought "Sure, why not?" Would save me the trouble of doing it myself, so I said yes. Of course, I was expecting a regular razor, and instead she whips out a straight razor! I didn't want to freak and tell her I changed my mind, so I let her continue. She put this nice warm shaving cream on my face, started shaving with the straight razor, and oh my god . . . it was the absolute best and smoothest shave I've ever had in my life. It seemed like my facial hair didn't even start growing back for at least a couple of days.

I would never attempt a straight razor shave myself, but when it's done by somebody who knows what they're doing, it's great.
    My Blog | Tumblr
    * Original Join Date: September 2010

Incredible Member

Hydro 5 (used to be 3-bladed) and gel. With grain and then against. Rinse after each stroke to keep the razor from clogging. Leave under the nose (mustache) and under the lip (soul patch) alone. Never had a cut or razor burn.