Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by sonofspam1972 View Post
    Curious am i the only one who doesn't use shaving cream? i don't like it personally.
    I typically shave in the shower, and if I get my face wet enough I can usually get away no shaving cream, just soap. But I always keep some handy, just in case.
    Life is but a dream

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MikeP View Post
    Pfff, a real man breaks a rock in half and scrapes off the whiskers!

Seriously, I use a Mach 3 myself. I wish I could use the real cheap ones that cost like a buck for 50, but my skin is apparently too snobby and screams bloody murder with those. No matter how much I lather it up. I just wish blade replacements didn't require a loan.
    I buy my blades online through ShaveMob.com and they are really affordable...6 month supply for about $30...good blades too

Ive been going with the Nivea shaving cream and post shave as my skin gets dried out really fast, especially during the winter

Quote Originally Posted by Vibranium View Post
    I buy my blades online through ShaveMob.com and they are really affordable...6 month supply for about $30...good blades too

Ive been going with the Nivea shaving cream and post shave as my skin gets dried out really fast, especially during the winter
    Wow, that looks like a great site. Thank you very much, I'm going to check it out.
    Life is but a dream

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MikeP View Post
    Wow, that looks like a great site. Thank you very much, I'm going to check it out.
    better than Dollar Shave Club because that requires a monthly signup...ShaveMob is a buy when you need it site, and I get my blades relatively quickly

Quote Originally Posted by Mormel View Post
    It's short for 'metrosexual', an aesthetic/fashion trend from about 10 years ago, that was all about hetero men dressing/grooming themselves in a way that was typically associated with gay men. David Beckham was considered the posterchild metrosexual in those days.

I thought it was all very amusing. I looked at it as a half-assed way of saying: 'Hey everyone! I'm trying to look androgynous, but without being explicit about the incorporation of the feminine part of the aesthetic!' I thought it was all a bunch of posing.
    When I was a kid (a pimply faced teen), my dermatologist was telling me there was this new company that was selling cosmetics, makeup that was marketed towards men. The company was called TUFF GUY! cosmetics. We had a good laugh at it, we thought this was absolutely hysterical, what a great name. Don't know if this company is still around these days.

Use an electric clipper to trim the ol' whiskers down to a manageable length, normally into a goatee. Though the length between shavings is rather sporadic, normally going a couple months or more between shearings.
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

Spectacular Member

I usually have a beard or stubble so use the clippers :-)

How do you guys go about cleaning out your blades after you shave? This can be frustrating when running them under a stream of hot water doesn't always do the trick. I know some people use compressed air, but that seems a little extreme to me.

Electric razor to trim my moustache/goatee. Clean it by tapping it into the sink & using a small brush.

Quote Originally Posted by RockyBanks View Post
    How do you guys go about cleaning out your blades after you shave? This can be frustrating when running them under a stream of hot water doesn't always do the trick. I know some people use compressed air, but that seems a little extreme to me.
    I'm pretty clumsy in cleaning my disposables, but aside from holding them under a hot water tap, I also smack them against the (inside of the) bathroom sink to get rid of most of the residual shavings.
    Take my dreams, childish and weak at the seams
    Please don't analyze, please just be there for me

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RockyBanks View Post
    I have had the same problem for decades due to my thick beard. On the plus side, I started using Flex3 disposables from Bic recently and I haven't had the problem at all. Whatever I do, they never clog. In fact, I have been using the first razor in the pack for over a month now and it's still like brand new.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mormel View Post
    I'm pretty clumsy in cleaning my disposables, but aside from holding them under a hot water tap, I also smack them against the (inside of the) bathroom sink to get rid of most of the residual shavings.
    Ha! This is exactly me.

I dont really care much about my appearance beyond the basics so I dont go for any of the styling malarkey. Normally due to laziness I'll allow my beard to grow for say 4 months or until it becomes itchy and frustrating. My partner likes me with a beard so its no problem on her end. When I do shave it takes some time. First I scissor off as much as I can which can take 30 odd minuites, then I use a cheap bic disposable razor and some own brand shaving cream.

I've both dry and wet shaved before. If your good at dry (im not) it can be ludicrously quick and easy. If your not you end up bleeding and have a rash. Wet works well but is messy.

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

I shave, yes. Mostly because my wife insists that I do LOL. But yeah, I shave. Not so much because of my appearance but just because I don't like feeling itchy which is what happened the last time I tried to grow a beard many years ago.

Electric razer. Every darn freaking morning, save for sundays.

Have to cause of work and cause the wife prefers her husband like that.

It does a decent enough job.