Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678
    DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    Every freaking day since some time in the middle of June, 1986.

The last time I didn't shave, DC was still (barely) in its Pre-COIE continuity.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    I have been shaving since 1980. I wanted to shave during my freshman year in HS because of peach fuzz, but my mother said no until my constant whining finally changed her minds by summer vacation .
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    I have been shaving since 1980. I wanted to shave during my freshman year in HS because of peach fuzz, but my mother said no until my constant whining finally changed her minds by summer vacation .
    I had the opposite trip: my mother MADE me shave my peach fuzz for 8th Grade graduation!

Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    I had the opposite trip: my mother MADE me shave my peach fuzz for 8th Grade graduation!

8th grade? I can't remember anybody with peach fuzz for that grade. Are you sure you're not part werewolf, BA?
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    8th grade? I can't remember anybody with peach fuzz for that grade. Are you sure you're not part werewolf, BA?
    Anything is possible. Mine began appearing at some point in 7th Grade and probably dogged me for a year and a half before the razor took it out.

Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

Yeah, a few of us had minor peach fuzzies back in late 7th-8th grade.

Our high school system did not allow any facial hairs. This was before I had the Phoenix Force, so I had to shave early and make sure I was always clean-shaven or else, like Xavier's school back in the day, demerits would be issued!

Never noticed this thread before!

My shaving over time has devolved. Or evolved, depending on opinion. Originally I used disposable razors and shaving cream, and shaved myself clean. Started maybe in the 10th grade. Then I went to the mug with shaving soap and safety razor in college. Now I shave with a safety razor and fogless mirror in the shower, no special soaps needed. All i do is change the razor blade ever couple of weeks or so.

The process is completely painless, quick and efficient. The only thing you have to make sure and do is dry the mirror and razor off after shaving, otherwise the razor gets rust on it and the mirror ends up with water spots.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    Never noticed this thread before!

My shaving over time has devolved. Or evolved, depending on opinion. Originally I used disposable razors and shaving cream, and shaved myself clean. Started maybe in the 10th grade. Then I went to the mug with shaving soap and safety razor in college. Now I shave with a safety razor and fogless mirror in the shower, no special soaps needed. All i do is change the razor blade ever couple of weeks or so.

The process is completely painless, quick and efficient. The only thing you have to make sure and do is dry the mirror and razor off after shaving, otherwise the razor gets rust on it and the mirror ends up with water spots.
    Me and my brother started shaving at high school because of that "peach fuzz", parents were okay with this decision. Nowadays, I shave very rarely but if I do it's either Dollar Shave Club razor or Gillette with triple blades and Old Spice aftershave. I tried BIC razors a few times, but it's complete trash. I'm planning to grow a full beard like my brother did, lucky bastard, but I barely see if it getting longer. Someone advised me this page, I haven't tried such stuff as beard oil but I do have a brush for my beard.

an alien on planet earth [rono]'s Avatar

I use a trimmer.
    Can shave close to avoid bumps.
    Last edited by [rono]; 08-23-2019 at 01:50 PM.
    Together we can move mountains
    rono.info

Quote Originally Posted by RockyBanks View Post

No, I'm not looking for someone to explain it to me.

Shaving is a task that I've never put much thought into, but I've recently stumbled across a lot of conversations and chatter on the subject: straight razors vs cartridges, custom shaving creams vs soap-and-water, the merits of a barbershop shave, et cetera.

In fact, I recently purchased a Truman Kit from Harry's Razors (link) based on a recommendation, and I was impressed enough with it (and the concept of an automatic refill subscription) that I've started to give my grooming routine some serious consideration.

So, I'm curious about how others approach the subject. Tell me about your shaving habits. What do you use to shave, and why? How often? Do you have a "shaving plan" subscription, like from Harry's or Dollar Shave Club? Is a barbershop shave worth the time and money? Is a shaving brush worth investing in?
    Using a MACH III razor, I shave my head/face every other day, my pits/chest 2x weekly.

Electric shaver for me. Still, Gillette can go eat a bag of dicks.

Ol' Doogie, Circa 2005 GindyPosts's Avatar

For the longest time, I've had to rely on cheap razors from dollar stores, which provided... mixed results. Sometimes, they could get the job done effortlessly, and other times... you'd get razor blades that would fail to cut through butter, let along stubborn neck hair.

I've recently switched over to Gillette, although I tend to go for third-party blade replacements whenever possible. I prefer the reliability of these razors, not due to any political reasons since, let's be realistic; Gillette doesn't give a damn about whatever the hell they say in any ad campaign. It's merely an excuse to rile people up and to increase purchases in the short term by those who feel a certain way, and to get free publicity by those who insist on boycotting their brand only to decide that the alternatives aren't cutting it (no pun intended) and go back, giving them additional money. I just like to get my face shaved without getting burned or dealing with cuts.

BANNED

I use a cheap electric clipper that leaves a good bit of stubble. I’m interested in straight razors but they’re expensive and I’d probably slice my throat open