Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by EmperorDoom View Post
    Well technically the unity squad is about humans and mutant superheroes working together, not X-men and Avengers teaming up.

Right union between mutants and humans heroes but without the X-mens representing the mutants?

You know how it is for a fan of X-mens see the mutants being represented by Wanda and her brother responsible for the mutant decimation not to mention a villain in an inverted Axis who was an enemy of the X-mens for years?

If not for Rogue would be just another Avengers team with a villain playing the hero.
    Last edited by Knives; 01-06-2015 at 06:59 PM.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Doing some cleaning up to this thread so some replies were left hanging that had to be removed as well.

Folks, let's keep the sarcasm to an acceptable level and be civil here.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

I have no idea if I should read this series. The inhumans have always been my favourite part of the marvel universe, however, I haven't been happy with the current series. I do love Ahura though so I feel like I have to read this.

Does any one know when this is being released? I couldn't see a date on the webpage.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Daska View Post
    I have no idea if I should read this series. The inhumans have always been my favourite part of the marvel universe, however, I haven't been happy with the current series. I do love Ahura though so I feel like I have to read this.

Does any one know when this is being released? I couldn't see a date on the webpage.
    #0 drops in April.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Even then the X-Men fanbase will dwarf the Inhuman fanbase, especially considering how much longer X-Men has been a household name.
    And yet if the movie is a success, it will pave the way for the Inhumans to become a popular franchise and universe of it's own.

Marvel doesn't expect the Inhumans to replace the X-Men or do it overnight even if they did. The X-Men were built up into an empire over many years, Marvel plan to do the same here with the Inhumans. They're playing the long game.

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Lightbulb

I like the Prospects and Idea around this Book, indeed will put it on my List for New books of 2015!

My Favorite part of the interview that got my excited in the exploration of the Inhumans as this:

Quote Originally Posted by Charles Soule View Post
    "I've been working on 'Inhuman' since the beginning, and one of the themes of that series has always been to expand the idea of what the Inhumans could mean to the Marvel Universe -- new characters, new ideas, new locations, everything," explained Soule. "And at this point, we looked at everything going on with 'Inhuman' and realized it could easily support another big title. That's what 'Uncanny Inhumans' is -- an expansion of the storytelling related to the Inhumans in the MU, looking at who they are and what they mean from a different angle."
    The focus on exploring new territory with any character(s) is a good focus to have in any story and with Soule's focus on I am looking forward to this adventure!

Also, you can rarely go wrong with Steve McNiven on the Art! ;-)
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Chaos View Post
    And yet if the movie is a success, it will pave the way for the Inhumans to become a popular franchise and universe of it's own.

Marvel doesn't expect the Inhumans to replace the X-Men or do it overnight even if they did. The X-Men were built up into an empire over many years, Marvel plan to do the same here with the Inhumans. They're playing the long game.
    Pretty Much this. ^^^^

I expect Marvel to is playing a long game with the Inhumans, trying to make them a bigger part of the MU. Also, they will not replace the X-Men or could replace them in the least, the X-Men are a Superpower that earned its rep. and the Inhumans are just carving out points of the MU like any other upcoming title.

Both can exist in the same universe, the more of a shared universe it is the better and richer the MU is!
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Quote Originally Posted by Luke Cage View Post
    And what did that get them at the Box Office with Guardians of the Galaxy? A completely unknown property rolled them. It's not really about individual comic sales, as trades. More contact for back issue and trade purposes, as well as creating more content to pull from for the MCU. Comic sales are a drop in the bucket.
    And in spite of how well it did, what did that get them in the end with comic sales? I know you say that it's not about individual or trade sales but this is a comic that they're launching, essentially attempting to draw interest in the Inhumans in time for the movie's release. Guardians of the Galaxy isn't anything new in having a comic based around it and it's releases certainly didn't scream forced advertisement like what we've been getting with Inhuman.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Knives View Post
    Seriously this?

I will keep education in respect to Inhumans fans but as X-men fan feel like I was stabbed in the back.

It's not enough to have only one representative of the X-Men in the supposed unification team and a mutant villain now this?

With so many possible names just choose that?
    Perhaps they're hoping people see the word Uncanny and accidentally buy it thinking they're getting the X-Men. I'm trying to be generous here.

Marvel is being so obvious that it's kind of embarrassing. It's like the company is being run by vindictive mean girls, and they're trying to make "fetch", er, I mean "Inhumans" happen no matter how ridiculous they appear.

Quote Originally Posted by Luke Cage View Post
    And what did that get them at the Box Office with Guardians of the Galaxy? A completely unknown property rolled them. It's not really about individual comic sales, as trades. More contact for back issue and trade purposes, as well as creating more content to pull from for the MCU. Comic sales are a drop in the bucket.
    So, rather than just focusing on writing good comics, Marvel's just creating content for more content and to mine for the MCU? Doesn't sound very appealing .

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Chaos View Post

Marvel not expecting the Inhumans to replace the X-Men overnight I agree with, but just the part about Marvel not expecting the Inhumans to replace the X-Men... that part I'm not sure about. They could be potentially hoping that the Inhumans replace the X-Men, so long as Fox has the rights to the latter, and potentially the reason the Inhumans are even getting a movie is that Marvel doesn't have access to the X-Men rights. Much like Marvel had to dive into more obscure or untested properties for their movies because they didn't have Spidey or the FF and X-men.

I think it's cool that they're doing a Black Bolt led Inhumans book, but I'm not sure if another Inhumans book will really do that well in terms of sales with the Inhumans franchise just now branching out and the other book not necessarily doing incredibly. Marvel is definitely pushing the Inhumans though, for better or for worse, and it'll be interesting to see the result. I think they definitely could've picked a different adjective than Uncanny, especially considering it's connection to the X-Franchise and the fact that two other books are already using it now (Avengers and X-Men).

Soule's a good writer though, so the writing is likely going to be pretty good, and McNiven on art (for however many issues he can do) will probably be awesome. Just can't say I'm that interested in the book otherwise, though I'm tempted to start on the other Inhumans book...

It would be nice if Crystal finally showed up in this book, or at the very least, Marvel clarified whether she was tied up with the FF movie rights and that's why she hasn't been making appearances...

The hell with 'after Time Runs Out, nobody's getting a book', man. I'm tired of Marvel lying. Although I'll support this book.

For anyone hoping Marvel will just give up pushing Inhumans, you have to remember Marvel have been trying for the last decade or so to get even Moon Knight to stick with more cancelled ongoings and creative teams than I can remember. It's like watching someone get shot in the face with a shotgun and keep getting up repeatedly. They're determined about this sort of thing.

And that was without any MCU appearance looming over him. Marvel are going to keep at this even if they have to burn through 20 relaunches to get it working.

Ultimate Member

And in spite of how well it did, what did that get them in the end with comic sales? I know you say that it's not about individual or trade sales but this is a comic that they're launching, essentially attempting to draw interest in the Inhumans in time for the movie's release. Guardians of the Galaxy isn't anything new in having a comic based around it and it's releases certainly didn't scream forced advertisement like what we've been getting with Inhuman.
    Guardians is selling more than Avengers and X-men.

Rocket Raccoon is selling around the same thing X-men is selling.

I would say the movie has done them a world of good already and is only going to get bigger with subsequent movies and an animated TV series coming.

But as someone said, it might be forced now but it's all about the long game.

Fantastic Member

Even then the X-Men fanbase will dwarf the Inhuman fanbase, especially considering how much longer X-Men has been a household name.
    How would that matter though? I'm sure there are more X fans than GotG fans. Yet we all know what movie made more money. In the end that is all that matters really.

They can call it Quiet Man and the Freak Squad for all I care. I'm still picking this up.