Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

So guys, I missed everything between 2004 and 2011. I hear Xavier's a real prick. What came to light?

♥♥عابث سولاناس♥♥ Park Slope Pixie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GallowGlass View Post
    So guys, I missed everything between 2004 and 2011. I hear Xavier's a real prick. What came to light?
    "close reading" on some classic Lee/Kirby issues

Quote Originally Posted by pixie_solanas View Post
    "close reading" on some classic Lee/Kirby issues
    Ha! What was up with deadly genesis? He formed a secret X-Men team between X-Men teams?

♥♥عابث سولاناس♥♥ Park Slope Pixie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GallowGlass View Post
    Ha! What was up with deadly genesis? He formed a secret X-Men team between X-Men teams?
    yes, and he "took matters into his own hands" constantly!

Deadly Bee Weapon coveredinbees's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pixie_solanas View Post
    stained woolen lapblankets of the world, unite! Where the telepathic hands take refuge against the storm in an a-line plaid skirt!
    It wasn't like that!

I’m surprise Professor Xavier (my namesake) has such little traffic on his appreciation thread, but whatever.
    My questions to you guys are:

1. Do you think he had a clue about all of these supposed super-powerful mutants out there, such as Elias Bogan (who I felt was a poor man’s version of the Shadow King), Mister X, Gamesmater, the Isolationist, or did they knew how to hide their presence from him?
    2. Do you think he could take Elias Bogan in a straight up mental battle?
    3. Do you think non-mutant telepaths like Moondragon should be as or more powerful than him?
    4. Do you like his recent development, taking over Fantomex body and going by X?
    5. Where should he end up next?
    6. And how long do you think he’ll eventually go back to being old, bald, and wheelchair bond?

To answer my own questions, I kind of hated that in the 90s, you couldn’t throw a rock without hitting someone with multiple powers, including telepathy. To me, being a powerful telepath on Charles, Jean, Emma and Betsy’s level should be a rare feat. To think that there was another ancient, disembodied, evil telepath was pushing the limit. Gamesmater was plain stupid. I can’t picture a mere human being constantly bombarded with billions of thought all at once and not go insane.

For me I don’t think Moondragon (who may be the most powerful non-mutant, non-supernatural, non-cosmic-being telepath out there) should be Charles level. But that one issue of Avengers where she was in mental command of an entire planet of people ranks her above his class.

I actually like him as X. The X-Men have all out grown needing him as their mentor with too many shady secrets in his danger Room sized closet. I hope the writers will have fun with this new version of his character. To see his past students not able to trust his motives could have lots of possibilities, especially with Jean. But really, I just don’t want to see him in a damn wheelchair ever again.

BANNED

Uncanny X-Men #180 Apr 1984
    "Whose Life Is It, Anyway?"
    After months of practice, Charles Xavier has managed to beat the psychosomatic
    feedback his mental powers had created preventing him from walking in his new body.
    He decides to enjoy this newly acquired ability by playing basket ball.

However, his game is ended when he's struck by yet another powerful
    mental scan and wonders what the alien force causing it could be.

He is then visited by Storm who has come with her concerns over her lack of control
    over her powers, and her new more savage attitude and it's effects on Kitty.
    She wonders if she is going insane. Probing her mind, the Professor reveals that there is nothing wrong with her mentally.
    He points out that he doesn't know what's causing her change in personality and ethically
    cannot bring himself to alter her mind with his powers as it could do more harm than good.

Elsewhere in Salem Center, Kitty Pryde is out at the arcade with her friend Doug Ramsey playing in an arcade.
    after ranking the top score the game fries and the two are kicked out by the owner,
    telling them they are not welcome back as they hog the machine for hours and hardly spend any quarters.
    Going for lunch, Kitty confides in Doug about her feelings about Storm.
    She explains that with all her changes, the woman she cared for like a sister
    has become someone who frightens her and she doesn't know what to do.
    Doug pledges to be her friend as well, and then tells her that he has an
    appointment at the Massachusetts Academy and asks Kitty about her time there.
    Kitty explains that she hated it there, however secretly recalls that it was run by the White Queen of the Hellfire Club.
    She wonders if her friend Doug is a target of the X-Men's enemy and wonders what she can do about it.

Back at Professor Xavier's School for Gifted Youngsters, Colossus spends time recovering from his injuries by chopping trees on the property.
    He is trying to come to terms with his feelings over Kitty. When Wolverine comes and forces him to talk about them,
    Colossus worries about their future given how she almost gave herself to the Morlocks and her new friendship with Doug Ramsey.
    He admits that he is insecure that Doug is everything Kitty could want and fears that he might lose her.
    Logan tells him that if he thinks that, then he's lost her already.

Storm has traveled to the Bronx Botanical Garden to spend some time enjoying the plants in the greenhouse.
    She comes upon a group of muggers attempting to rob an old couple and confronts them.
    When they attempt to stab Storm with knives, she unleashes her powers on them, sending them fleeing.
    When she goes to help the elderly couple, they are frightened by her mutant nature.
    She is then called back to the X-Mansion where she and the other X-Men
    are briefed about Doug Ramsey's invitation to the Massachusetts Academy.
    With the Hellfire Club currently in disarray and the White Queen seemingly in
    a coma, Charles agrees to let Kitty accompany Doug to find out if he is at risk.
    During the conversation, Xavier reveals that Doug is really a mutant that has language translation powers which surprises everyone.

After the meeting, Kitty is walking through the halls of the mansion when she is swept up a wind into the sky by Storm.
    Up in the air the two come to terms with their feelings about Storm's recent changes in personality and style.
    Ororo explains to Kitty that she is going through changes that frighten her and that she needs to go through them to find out who she really is.
    After some conversation about the changes, Kitty and Storm promise to be there for each other no matter what.

A week later, Kitty and Doug are boarding a plane to Massachusetts, and Kitty's mind has already gone to another worry:
    the aloof behavior of Peter making her wonder if there is anything wrong with him. As she boards the plane with Doug,
    her worries change when they are greeted on the plane by the White Queen. When Kitty tries to alert the Professor telepathically,
    she cannot reach him as at that very moment, the Professor, Colossus, Wolverine and Storm are drawn to Central Park.

There a giant construct has appeared in the location and as they all approach it they are teleported away to a far off place....

The fate of the X-Men continues in Marvel Super Heroes Secret Wars #1....

Story by Chris Claremont. Art by John Romita, Jr., Bob Wiacek and Dan Green.
    Last edited by 616MarvelYear is LeapYear; 04-21-2019 at 12:02 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ztopia View Post
    I enjoy Xavier's legacy, moreso than his character.
    I on the other hand enjoy the character Xavier moreso than his legacy.

Obviously we wouldn't be enjoying these characters if it wasn't for the founder. So, I'll give props for that
    So true! And I definitely want to see this in the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

I am of the opinion that the way to introduce Charles Xavier,

Ororo Munroe aka Storm as a little girl

AND Amahl Farouk aka the Shadow King into the MCU is to adapt Uncanny X-Men #117 for the big screen.

BANNED

Uncanny X-Men #181 May 1984
    "Tokyo Story!"
    Story follows the events of Marvel Super Heroes Secret Wars #12...

Professor X, Wolverine, Colossus, Rogue, Storm and Lockheed are all teleported
    back to Earth following their ordeal on Battleworld with the Beyonder.
    Along with them was a small dragon companion that had befriended Lockheed.
    Upon their arrival, the dragon would grow to a massive size and fly off, while the X-Men would fall to the ground.
    Learning that they have been teleported to Japan, they also learn of Lockheed's friend becoming a massive creature.
    Learning that they have been gone for over a week, the Professor sends Rogue to America to check on the fate of Doug Ramsey and Kitty Pryde,
    as well as make sure that the New Mutants and Cyclops are okay while they deal with the threat of the dragon they brought back with them.

As the dragon begins wrecking Tokyo, the Japanese mobilizes their military to deal with the threat.
    While reports are coming in Mariko Yoshida and her cousin Sunfire learn
    that the X-Men, and Wolverine, are in Japan as well to combat the creature.
    The X-Men catch up with the monster and as Storm keeps it occupied, the others rescue any civilians that get in the way of danger.
    Soon, Sunfire and the military arrive to deal with the monster.
    However, as they battle the creature the X-Men note that their weapons have little effect on them.

Meanwhile, at the Beachcomber Hotel in Tahiti, Cyclops appears before a grief stricken Madelyne.
    She is upset that he vanished out of her arms and was missing for a whole week while on their honeymoon.
    However, despite this, Scott manages to calm her down and the newly weds make up.

As the battle rages on in Japan, Storm unleashes her full fury on the creature.
    While down below, some wreckage lands on the Professor's legs making him panic about the potential of losing his ability to walk.

He is rescued by Colossus, while Wolverine goes off looking for others. He comes across a dying woman and her daughter Amiko.

The woman asks Wolverine to look after her, and Logan vows to keep care of the young orphaned girl.

Meanwhile, Sunfire and Storm are knocked out by the dragon and as the creature is about to kill them, Lockheed confronts it.
    Blowing fire in it's face wounds the giant dragon emotionally and it flies away with Lockheed following behind, yelling at it.
    Suddenly, the creature kills itself in a massive energy burst.
    In the aftermath of the battle, the X-Men realize that the creature was attempting to build a nest for itself
    and Lockheed to live in together and that when Lockheed rejected the creature it committed suicide.

While in Washington D.C., Senator Robert Kelly attempts to have
    legislation passed for his new Mutant Control Act supported by his colleagues.
    Meeting with Senator Phillip, Kelly pressures him to support the bill.
    Phillip refuses, believing that this is tantamount to legalizing slavery
    and vows to do everything in his power to prevent the bill from coming into law.
    He tells his colleague that he hopes that trying to motion this bill will not cause irreversible damage.

NOTE: first appearance of Amiko.

Story by Chris Claremont. Art by John Romita, Jr. and Dan Green.

Quote Originally Posted by coveredinbees View Post
    When did he do that? He's done nothing but love them. Some people just can't handle a little tough love.
    That's how it should have been, but some edgy boys decided to make him a dick. Still, Xavier is love.

BANNED

Is Charles a member of Dollar Shave Club?

It's a bit strange that Xavier is so heavily criticized and much less than, let's say, Magneto despite the criminal record of this latter…
    I think it's because of his moral stand that is inevitably in opposition to the nature of his powers and not because of his failures or because he crossed somes lines when against the wall.
    Psychics, telepaths, albeit useful, are more or less despised (those sleazy know-it-all…).

BANNED

I clearly saw the character being despised by the character portrayed by J-Law in X-Men: Dark Phoenix.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by coveredinbees View Post
    I'll accept Onslaught, but I only really endorse one evil Xavier.
    Oh Man, I totally forgot that that happened Not surprising though since, to me, this issue reads as a filler story during the 5 year long Phoenix Saga 1976-1980

BANNED

I like the portable Cerebro look so much that I really want this to be the comicbook character Professor X aka Charles Xavier and not some cop-out.