BANNED

Default which dc univerese are canon ?

ok I was wondering what universes are part of the dc canon and which are just well not. I know elseworld story's are not. I thought earth-22 kingdom come was but someone told me it wasent.

BANNED

oh one more thing. if earth-22 is a elseworld then how come kingdom come superman teamed up with new earth superman to fight magog ?

What is canon and what is not canon depends on what the next story says. Everything is temporary.

Using canon and elseworlds together is kind of an oxymoron lol. The canon DC Universe is Earth 0 is the New 52 in which all the monthly books take place on, except for Earth 2 and Worlds End. Kingdom Come is not canon,but the events are still part of the multiverse. And if you are referring to the Kingdom Come Superman appearing in Justice Society back in 2007 that was because he traveled to the main DCU.
    I love the New 52. I love the dark and grittiness of it and find that is what makes the most enjoyable superhero stories. At the same time I find All Star Superman to be the most depressing Superman story I have ever read. Yeah I'm weird.

Are you reading Grant Morrison's Multiverse?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by kid_omega_prime View Post
    oh one more thing. if earth-22 is a elseworld then how come kingdom come superman teamed up with new earth superman to fight magog ?
    Because there is an Earth in the Multiverse in which that happened. Since Flashpoint, Multiversity has yet to reveal if that is still so.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by toddx77 View Post
    Using canon and elseworlds together is kind of an oxymoron lol. The canon DC Universe is Earth 0 is the New 52 in which all the monthly books take place on, except for Earth 2 and Worlds End. Kingdom Come is not canon,but the events are still part of the multiverse. And if you are referring to the Kingdom Come Superman appearing in Justice Society back in 2007 that was because he traveled to the main DCU.
    ok then let me ask this. is kingdom come earth-22 and real universe or a fake what if universe ? oh and what exaclly dose canon mean anyway ?

. . . oh and what exaclly dose canon mean anyway ?
    Have you ever heard of a dictionary?

http://www.oxforddictionaries.com/de.../english/canon

Hint: try definition "2" under "noun".

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by toddx77 View Post

Isn't the monthly title earth "Earth-1"?

bill

Quote Originally Posted by hsalf1901 View Post
    The "Earth One" designation has been reserved for those special vanity graphic novels where writers get to reinterpret classic characters in a world separate from the regular comic books.

ok then let me ask this. is kingdom come earth-22 and real universe or a fake what if universe ? oh and what exaclly dose canon mean anyway ?
    It is a real earth in the multiverse. For canon think the main universe where all the official stuff happens to the characters. This months issue of Multiversity is a guide book and it will clear up a lot of confusion.

Quote Originally Posted by hsalf1901 View Post

bill
    Majorhoy is right. Earth One is the Earth all the Earth One graphic novels take place on. However in Futures End the people on Earth 0 refer to themselves as Earth 1 though. I don't like it as it can cause some people to be confused but it makes sense the people who have people from another Earth come to their Earth refer to their own Earth as Earth 1 instead of Earth 0 lol.
    I love the New 52. I love the dark and grittiness of it and find that is what makes the most enjoyable superhero stories. At the same time I find All Star Superman to be the most depressing Superman story I have ever read. Yeah I'm weird.

Incredible Member Prisoner 6655321's Avatar

The short answer is maybe everything.

While Convergance is a few months away still it seems to imply that pretty much everything they've published happened somewhere, at some point in the DC multiversal machine, through the lens of hyper time.

While the details have yet to be spilled, it seems, cosmologically, it goes something like this...

At one (or various) time(s) the mechanics of multiverse may have operated differently.

At this time there seems to exist 52 various universes at different vibrations in roughly the same location in a substance called the Bleed (also called Ultramenstruum) cycling through a dance of creation / destruction and some handful of unique dimensions.

As these universes exist in a cycle of creation / destruction; at various points in this multiversal cycle the multiverse has had various compositions, including universes which no longer “exsist”. So while there may not currently be an Earth Whatever in the multiverse, at one point there was.

The current “cannon”, it's probably safe to say, is pretty much anything published after September 2011 (after Flashpoint). That said, due to the nature of the multiversal machine stuff before that is cannon in some way but it's relation to anything happening in the comics currently is questionable and the relation may not be obvious.

Quote Originally Posted by Prisoner 6655321 View Post
    . . . The current “cannon”, it's probably safe to say, is pretty much anything published after September 2011 (after Flashpoint). That said, due to the nature of the multiversal machine stuff before that is cannon in some way but it's relation to anything happening in the comics currently is questionable and the relation may not be obvious.
    And you may even want to narrow that down to anything published after September 2011 as published in the trade paperback collections since some of the stuff in the first few months was changed from what actually came out in the single issues. But even that's not necessarily written in stone.

The only things that are truly "canon" are what DC says are "canon" . . . at least for this week.