Page 27 of 37 FirstFirst ... 17232425262728293031 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Haddock View Post
    Don't think it was Thompson taking all the credit as much as being a bit reluctant to backtalk a senator.
    It's not back talking to share credit with his team and commend one of his agents in front of the senator. That moment put Thompson in a poor light. It doesn't matter if Peggy doesn't want the credit.

I'm glad Dottie made it out of the season finale alive. That was my chief concern, as I feel like she'd be a great recurring nemesis for Peggy, and I am still dying to know her real name. Other than that, I felt the finale was okay. I wasn't over the moon about it, but it was an otherwise nice bow on a successful series, IMO.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by maczero View Post
    It's not back talking to share credit with his team and commend one of his agents in front of the senator. That moment put Thompson in a poor light. It doesn't matter if Peggy doesn't want the credit.
    I think Thompson is, first and foremost, interested in advancing his own career. When the senator mentioned that, I felt his posture seemed to shift. He may appreciate Carter, but in the end, Thompson is about Thompson.

BANNED

and once a Thompson always a Thompson. he is gonna be so proud of his Grandson become some Alien Soldier. it would still be nice if the actor from the amazing spiderman series continued the role. he totally had the right balance for the character.

Secretly in the Shadows Starleafgirl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Monkey Astronaut View Post
    Episode 8 "Valediction" Loved seeing Peggy with Cap's shield. Dottie is a beast and it was awesome to see her finally fight Peggy. Sousa's fake out was great. I think these were some of Dominic Cooper's best scenes as Howard Stark. The scene with Peggy pouring out the vial of Steve's blood was excellent as well as touching. Brilliant seeing Toby Jones return as Arnim Zola.
    Agreed on all points.

So glad Dottie didn't die, she needs to come back and be creepy/perky/psychotic some more. "This is so much fun, isn't it??" Lol.

I wonder if this means the Russian doctor's hypnosis is the basis of Hydra's "Happy to comply" brainwashing technique.
    Prεtty Pεnny
    I have no speech. No name. I live in the action of death. The blood-cry, the penetrating wound. I am destruction.... http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7.../penance-1.jpg
    <----------------------------------->

Keep the snark to a minimum. ~ The CBR Community Behavior Rules

"What? I can't promise that!" ~ Starleafgirl

Original Join Date: 10-31-2007

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Starleafgirl View Post
    I wonder if this means the Russian doctor's hypnosis is the basis of Hydra's "Happy to comply" brainwashing technique.
    wasn't it described as the Fennhoff technique or process somewhere?

Quote Originally Posted by Innocent Bystander View Post
    wasn't it described as the Fennhoff technique or process somewhere?
    Faustus Device.

Which would be named after Johann Fennhoff, who in comics is Doctor Faustus.
    Hazard's Playhouse - Episodic anime reviews and other things. Current Post: Houshin Engi: What was Skipped
    My Fanfiction.Net Profile

Quote Originally Posted by Hazard View Post
    Faustus Device.

And wasn't he reading Faust in the flashback scene?
    Dark does not mean deep.

Fictional Computer Hacker August_Gorman's Avatar

I really liked the entire series. I wouldn't be upset if Agents of Shield was cancelled and Agent Carter became Marvel's main cable show.

Sorry if this had already been asked, but does anyone know how the Agent Carter One Shot fits into the continuity? Is is just supposed to be sometime after the end of the show?
    ____

Currently Reading: The Amazing Spider-Man, Attack On Titan, Fight Club 2, On Guard We Stand, Ultimate End
    ____

Gus Gorman: "Hey, man!"
    Lorelei Ambrosia: "That's his last name. He likes to be called Superman."

Quote Originally Posted by Hazard View Post
    Faustus Device.

Very cool, there you then, it's the connection!

Thanks for spelling it out. I don't really know much about Doctor Faustus, hehe. Which is why it's cool the MCU keeps bringing in characters like this.

Quote Originally Posted by August_Gorman View Post
    Sorry if this had already been asked, but does anyone know how the Agent Carter One Shot fits into the continuity? Is is just supposed to be sometime after the end of the show?
    It's been asked and the conclusion we reached is that the Agent Carter series overwrites the Agent Carter one-shot, so the one-shot doesn't fit into continuity.

The one part of continuity that remains is likely the fact that, at some point, Howard Stark will ask Peggy Carter to create S.H.I.E.L.D. with him. That's because in the movies, they're both described as founders of S.H.I.E.L.D.
    Prεtty Pεnny
    I have no speech. No name. I live in the action of death. The blood-cry, the penetrating wound. I am destruction.... http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7.../penance-1.jpg

Incredible Member

It's been asked and the conclusion we reached is that the Agent Carter series overwrites the Agent Carter one-shot, so the one-shot doesn't fit into continuity.
    Who's "we"? Go back a page or two and you'll see my thoughts on this.

Astonishing Member AndrewCrossett's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by August_Gorman View Post
    I really liked the entire series. I wouldn't be upset if Agents of Shield was cancelled and Agent Carter became Marvel's main cable show.

My opinion is that the series retcons the one-shot. That's not official or canon. I personally don't see how the one-shot can't fit into the same continuity as the series without some fairly implausible leaps of logic. It seems to me the series is meant to be a greatly expanded version of the story the one-shot told in 15 minutes.

Why would Agents of SHIELD have to be cancelled in order for Agent Carter to succeed? That's a false dichotomy. I want to see both continue. It's not like there's a limit of only one MCU series at a time.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    And wasn't he reading Faust in the flashback scene?
    Yes, it , is a play by Christopher Marlowe:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doctor_Faustus_%28play%29

Quote Originally Posted by maczero View Post
    Who's "we"? Go back a page or two and you'll see my thoughts on this.
    As in the general consensus use of "we." ;D As in more than one person more than likely concluding thus, not everyone. It's not anything definite.
    Prεtty Pεnny

Incredible Member

As in the general consensus use of "we." ;D As in more than one person more than likely concluding thus, not everyone. It's not anything definite.
    I just thought it was a little misleading to answer the question as if there was a general consensus. Based on this thread, only two people gave an opinion that the one-shot has been ret-conned out of the timeline. One person (myself) believes there isn't any evidence from the show that contradicts the one-shot. A couple others responded maybe/maybe not.
    Last edited by maczero; 02-26-2015 at 02:05 PM.