Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    BANNED

Default If you could come up with new ideas for Spider-Man...

New concepts and advances in the world, characters and plots, evolved innovations from old staple foundations that define the series. How would you go about it?

PS: They cant be past ideas that have already presented. They have to be newly unique and original.

Like Alpha or Superior Spider-Man.

BANNED

Peter and the Spider-Man persona split. Trouble ensues.

Incredible Member

Spider-Man leaving NYC and having adventures somewhere else. For atleast 2-4 years.

I wanna be your lover... emac1790's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rahul View Post
    Spider-Man leaving NYC and having adventures somewhere else. For atleast 2-4 years.
    How is he going to get around?

Spider-Woman v1 20 - 08.jpg
    What U putting in your nose?
    Is that where all your money goes (Is that where your money goes)
    The river of addiction flows
    U think it's hot, but there won't be no water
    When the fire blows

First they came for the mutants, and I said nothing. Then they came for the chickens, and still I said nothing... -cyberhubbs

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by emac1790 View Post
    How is he going to get around?

Spider-Woman v1 20 - 08.jpg
    I'm sure that tall buildings exist in other cities in the MU, atleast in modern times.

Also, the writers can come up with some ideas. Wep zipping(a video game mechanism from the old video games), web catapults or even his own brand of parkour.

Web slinging is itself a dubious mechanism realistically(even with tall buildings) so might as well have fun exploring other means of getting around...

iMan 42s

Spiderman saves an old man from being killed in a battle between him and a new villain called Recluse. Recluse uses advanced weaponry and is wearing the black costume somewhat like the Amazing 500 suit crossed with the stealth suit and has what appears to be a sonic blaster like clash and a cloaking device.

Peter while distracted by saving the old man is surprised that the old man has spider powers and attacks Recluse with organic webbing. The webbing is powerful enough it injures Recluse and he realizes it is a losing battle and flees. The old man is revealed to be Peter Parker!

In a not to distant future Peter has a son but his wife (who remains unnamed) leaves him because of his life as spiderman who Peter always put first. The wife takes the son who grows up without any knowledge of his heritage and lacks the powers of his father. Richard (the son)throughout his life grew up with an abusive step father and his mother began drinking which lead to her death. Richard following his mother's funeral discovers in his mother's possessions that he is the son of the Amazing Spider-man! Richard deciding that he should finally meet his father seeks him out only to discover Peter wanted nothing to do with him. Peter having become completely focused on running Parker industries and being Spiderman that he doesn't have time or even care for his son.

Richard steals an old sonic device from the former villain clash a bit of body armor and some cloaking technology from his father's old stealth suit and becomes the super villain Recluse to find some meaning in his life, and to find a way to get his father to actually pay attention to him. Eventually Recluse despite not having spider powers did have one ability and that was one way time travel and to travel upon the great web to the week before Peter met his mother and decided to change history by making Peter choose his loved ones over being spiderman. Old man Parker returned to the present to preserve his own history stating he thought the lives of many had been more important than his own son. Peter than seeks out Recluse and make things right but realizes he might become Old man Parker.

Despite everything Peter opts to remain Spiderman and recluse in a moment of anger attacks his father's younger self only for the Old man Parker to sacrifice himself to save the present Peter . Recluse realizing he killed his father removes his mask and begins to laugh maniacally while crying looking happier than he has been in years. Peter of the present attacks Recluse but is unable to beat him and Recluse escapes. Recluse ends up in an abandoned Goblin hideout and finds a cache of Goblin formula left over from Goblin Nation. Peter back at Parker industries is running some DNA tests and scans of whatever damaged equipment Recluse dropped and is horrified that Recluse really is his son from the future. However Peter never meets Relcuses mother and as a result changes the future however Recluse is still alive and is planning something big for his dear old dad.

So mister Parker what is more important? Your own family? Or the fate of your city? A story where Peter must choose what his responsibility should be. And in making that hard choice has to come to grips that he might become the Old man Parker of the future.

I know it is long btw but screw it I felt like writing this morning.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

If I was to come up with new ideas for Spider-Man, I'd want one thing: A permanent change to Marvel's periodic "let's hit the reset button" policy.
    Otherwise, what's the point?

As things stand right now, for instance, I'd like to see the business Peter 'inherited' from Otto become a success. I'd like to NOT see it destroyed/lost/sued into the ground due to the "typical Parker luck". For instance, if Peter feels he really can't run the day-to-day because of Spider-responsibilities, get a good business manager (who ISN'T a bad guy, and DOESN'T rob Peter blind), and leave Peter tinkering on the occasional invention in the background.

Give him a life. Without harping on OMD, the married life suits him. Give him stability. Seriously. Just about EVERY super-hero's personal life is a mess these days - can't we have an exception?

I'm sure that tall buildings exist in other cities in the MU, atleast in modern times.

Also, the writers can come up with some ideas. Wep zipping(a video game mechanism from the old video games), web catapults or even his own brand of parkour.

Web slinging is itself a dubious mechanism realistically(even with tall buildings) so might as well have fun exploring other means of getting around...
    Y'know I was joking, right?
    When the fire blows

First they came for the mutants, and I said nothing. Then they came for the chickens, and still I said nothing... -cyberhubbs

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by emac1790 View Post
    Y'know I was joking, right?
    Sorry bro, was in full nerd mode there. Forum tones are hard to read in that state....

I love how important NY is to Spider-Man's mythos, but I think it would be interesting to have other Spider stories set in different cities around the world to explore how different environments and cultures can affect the lives and personalities of the characters.
    I think it would be really cool to see a Japanese Spider-Girl comic set in Tokyo or even Spider-Woman operating in London. A change of setting could really bring some fresh air to the Spider-franchise.

Sorry bro, was in full nerd mode there. Forum tones are hard to read in that state....
    You don't have to apologize. I joke around in most of my posts. I'm just looking for entertainment, so I don't take this stuff really serious.

I've been reading comics since I was five. 37 years later, I still enjoy them and I don't care who knows. I'll pull out a comic on a crowded train in a heartbeat and think nothing of it. Like I said, I just want to be entertained. It doesn't matter if it's grim 'N gritty, lightweight, or meta. As long as I find it entertaining, it's all good.....end rant.

On that note, it's not a bad idea for Spider-Man to get out of NYC once and awhile.
    When the fire blows

Lightbulb Doctor Doom & Video-Man: Carbonated

The classic Spider-Man cartoons featured engaging stories about Doctor Doom (the diabolical iron-mask villain who devises fascist schemes) and Video-Man (the freakish electronica creature who can travel through wires and shoot beams and disrupt computing networks like a super-virus).

I'd like to see a developed story about Spider-Man contending with Doctor Doom and Video-Man simultaneously:

"Spider-Man is worried that Gwen Stacy is working late at her school's computer lab, since there are rumors that Doctor Doom is planning to take some unnamed school for ransom with the help of the eerie super-mutant Video-Man who may intend to infect the school's computers while students are using it. Peter Parker hurries on his way and changes into Spider-Man and arrives at the school computer lab and does indeed find Gwen Stacy working there, but the super-villains have not shown up. Still paranoid, Spider-Man decides to grab Gwen Stacy with his webs and hoist her out of there after demanding that all students exit the lab and school grounds on rumors of a terrorist thread. Spider-Man takes Gwen Stacy home and returns to the school grounds and finds that Doctor Doom and Video-Man are already there but are enraged that everyone seems to have vacated the premises. When they see Spider-Man, they begin to attack him with power bursts, but Spider-Man manages to contain their ferocity by using webs to take down telephone poles and wires and create a giant matted web of a pole-wire mess on the villains and around the entire school perimeter. The web is sufficient to contain Doctor Doom and Video-Man's destructive energies, and the police arrive on time to clean up the situation."

============

Since Spider-Man is a city defender, stories about him dealing with infrastructure securities and fending off super-villains such as Carnage, Doctor Doom, and Video-Man should prove to be engaging and relevant to modern times. Specifically, attention to Doctor Doom and Video-Man should reveal some of the important vigilantism themes of Spider-Man comics regarding 'energy dementia.'

Astonishing Member

Spider-man x Black Widow vs mystique & mysterio

Spider-man vs Abomination & Omega Red

It's not an entirely new concept but I'd like to see Peter use more crime fighting technology, like he did during Big Time. After all, the guy is pretty smart.

BANNED

spiderman x captain marvel mini series

create 2 new characters and giove them a daughter name may day parker. they bond with peter and mj for like 50 or 79 issues till they get killed during a fight with spiderman and shocker in the mall. may day blames spiderman while peter and mj take care of her. i still haven't come up with a good death for mj but having her killed or in a coma(seriously, i am rethinking my thoughts on killing her) while she really doesn't look good. i'm not talkming about burnt marks or anything but with a few brusies, black eye, cuts, and a cuncussion. may day hates him even more but peter still needs to take care of her. also aunt may dies in a more graceful way like in the gift. it was a mistake bringing her back. it was satisfying in JMS's run when she knew who peter was and became a supporter for him and her relationship with jarvis. it was a huge mistake for HER to take the bullet instead of mj leading to him selling his marriage to the devil. seriously, aunt may is liken probably 89 years old and has gotten god knows how many heart attacks. i'm surprised she's still kicking fictional or not.