Always Rakzo

Default Worlds' Finest #23 Discussion/Spoilers

Spoilers ahead!

spoilers:
    Karen reveals her identity to her workers and does absolutely nothing shocking about this

Helena needs to save one of those workers from a random criminal

Seriously, you people need me to spoil this sh*t? Nothing happens
    end of spoilers

Lol, another issue of "Karen and Helena try and fail to get home while something pointless happens to prolong the status quo." It's amazing how a title like this was able to survive 2 years while nothing fun, interesting, or important happened. It's probably a testament to a dedicated fanbase who will put up with anything. While it's not Levitz' fault for not being allowed to let the girls go home, it's his fault for not coming up with compelling stories for them while they were stuck. I wonder how things will change once they finally get home in Worlds End.

Reading this, I felt like I missed an issue. I thought PG and H have been trying to keep a low profile, but PG makes the statement about having the soldiers check her credentials with Waller?

This book has been just treading water for so long now, though, that anything (like Karen's display at work) make things feel like they're suddenly ramping up toward an ending.

Also, minor nitpick, but I hate it when there's things in books like "power outages across three states" and it's not mentioned in any other book. That just seems too big to not affect any other heroes. (Anyone else affected by the August 2003 blackout? That's what it reminded me of...)

I really dug the art though...but what was up with all the finger counting?

This was another bad issue. Nothing happens and the story barely made sense. I also didn't understand the finger counting, it had nothing to do with the dialogue.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by spark627 View Post
    This was another bad issue. Nothing happens and the story barely made sense. I also didn't understand the finger counting, it had nothing to do with the dialogue.
    yes, the same amounts of nothing happenning...they will probably get back to earth 2 and this series will feel more like a filler

Astonishing Member mathew101281's Avatar

This series is in a holding pattern and it wont get any better until they decide to send the girls home or make them permanent staples of the earth they are on. Until then any relationships they make or supporting casts that they accumulate will seem temporary and easily forgettable. The editors need to decide on a direction for this book.

Astonishing Member AlexanderLuthor's Avatar

You guys pretty much nailed it - decide whether they are going home or not and let's move on

Astonishing Member

I dig Levitz's dialogue, and the fact that he might learn ya a thing or two while you read it. Boston felt like a real location, rather than say, the set-dropping it became during Geoff Johns' big Throne of Atlantis arc. I suppose it might've been nice to see ... reference to the fact that super-people descended upon that city and there was a tidal wave, but hey, comics. To be self-contained you can't go referencing every little thing. A writer need only reference his own personal continuity, so long as he doesn't go around contradicting everyone else's.

But yeah, the plots. Tough going. I mean I like Karen's proactivity. It's all in-character. Power Girl supers around, does some super science, and don't take no guff. Huntress sneaks around, beats up terrorists, has catty-batty mannerisms. But structurally, super-heroically, excitingly? Eh, not really. Pretty boilerplate. It's why I miss Giffen/Levitz so much. Because you can't feed Giffen boilerplate. He's drawing some insane plot, and your job is to make it read like it makes sense.
    Retro315 no more. Anonymity is so 2005.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com