Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MikeMC005 View Post
    Well not technically. The 2 were never named as "Exceptions" Marvel found a loophole and is able to use them because they are both prominent members of the Avengers and just cannot refer to them as mutants... Maybe they could refer to them as something else? Inhumans Perhaps? Anyways, Marvel can use other people too but just cannot refer to them or insinuate that they are mutants or gained their powers through genetic evolution. If they wanted to use Wolverine I bet you Marvel would win that lawsuit as long as they introduced him into the avengers films as him receiving his powers as a result of being an Inhuman and through lab experimentation with Adamantium. Its all in how its worded. In a world where contracts are law there are always loopholes. I have a feeling that in Phase 4 we are going to be seeing alot of the X-Men being called other things then X-Men or mutants so that Marvel can use them in movies or tv shows.
    I'm fairly certain they were explicitly named, but we don't have access to the contract. There's no way that a retcon to a character in the comics, btw, would alter the current division of IP rights.

Ultimate Member

A side note, don't we already know the roster for this book, and Betsy is not one of them...thought it was in an interview here at CBR...

Quote Originally Posted by True Believer Tony View Post
    Keep in mind that Willow did say she's writing another book after this that has to be kept under wraps for now... A solo Psylocke series, dealing with her new Inhuman status? Oh god...
    Sounds great. I would definitely pick it up.
    Pull List:
    DC: Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, Action Comics, Detective Comics, Green Lanterns, The Flash, Aquaman, Titans, Justice League, HJATGL, Supergirl, Superwoman, DC Bombshells
    Marvel: CANCELLED (good luck with your seasonal approach and constant reboots... I'll miss the characters though)
    Zenescope: Grimm Fairy Tales

BANNED

Well not technically. The 2 were never named as "Exceptions" Marvel found a loophole and is able to use them because they are both prominent members of the Avengers and just cannot refer to them as mutants... Maybe they could refer to them as something else? Inhumans Perhaps? Anyways, Marvel can use other people too but just cannot refer to them or insinuate that they are mutants or gained their powers through genetic evolution. If they wanted to use Wolverine I bet you Marvel would win that lawsuit as long as they introduced him into the avengers films as him receiving his powers as a result of being an Inhuman and through lab experimentation with Adamantium. Its all in how its worded. In a world where contracts are law there are always loopholes. I have a feeling that in Phase 4 we are going to be seeing alot of the X-Men being called other things then X-Men or mutants so that Marvel can use them in movies or tv shows.
    No, it is NOT a loophole. They are SPECIFICALLY, on-record, and OFFICIALLY named as an exception because the rights to the characters are listed under both the Avengers and X-Men. That's the ONLY reason Marvel and Fox can both use them. NO OTHER CHARACTER has that dual-licensing issue, and if Marvel were to even TRY to sneak another character Fox has rights to into the MCU, they WILL get beaten over the head with a cease-and-desist.

Who has rights to Captain Britain? Betsy showed up there first right?

Maybe british Betsy can be in the MCU and Fox can keep the banana

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    Who has rights to Captain Britain? Betsy showed up there first right?

Maybe british Betsy can be in the MCU and Fox can keep the banana
    Doesn't matter, doesn't matter, no, Fox has rights to Betsy PERIOD.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    Doesn't matter, doesn't matter, no, Fox has rights to Betsy PERIOD.
    You sure? Seems like she might fall in the Grey area. I am not trying to argue just for the sake of arguing I promise. I just want her to be represented well in whatever film she ends up in and since I firmly think that Marvel Studios puts out better films then Fox I hope she ends up over there. Even if it is as an Inhuman.
    Pull List:
    DC: Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, Action Comics, Detective Comics, Green Lanterns, The Flash, Aquaman, Titans, Justice League, HJATGL, Supergirl, Superwoman, DC Bombshells
    Marvel: CANCELLED (good luck with your seasonal approach and constant reboots... I'll miss the characters though)

Emma Been Frost Perfection/Emma 2's Avatar

Whatever the case maybe. Psylocke needs to remain with the X-Men
    Yara Flor & Emma "Mama" Frost stan account

BANNED

You sure? Seems like she might fall in the Grey area. I am not trying to argue just for the sake of arguing I promise. I just want her to be represented well in whatever film she ends up in and since I firmly think that Marvel Studios puts out better films then Fox I hope she ends up over there. Even if it is as an Inhuman.
    Pretty sure. It came up a LOT in the media after the reveal Quicksilver would be in both Days of Future Past and Age of Ultron (sparking the flickering but finally quashed hope it meant that Fox and Disney/Marvel were going to start sharing their toys), and it was made explicit that Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch are a unique case because of how the rights to those two characters were handled. NO OTHER CHARACTER exists in any sort of "grey area," and the legalese allowing Fox and Marvel to both use Pietro and Wanda is clearly defined.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Thunder View Post
    Ooh no now Psylocke is an inhuman aswell ?
    Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    Lol, you need to do it
    It actually only took 1 post: the one after mine

While I'd probably cringe if Psylocke is suddenly turned Inhuman out of nowhere, I don't think I'd care beyond that. The Marvel line of comics have been disappointing to me as of late. Spider-man's probably the only book I could say that has been consistently fun. There is Tyke's book I suppose but, as adorkable as Tyke is, I'm still not sold on the silly concept of the O5. I'm not optimistic enough to think there is a greater narrative plan in play; just more business plans to make more books.

But I digress. This topic's about Psylocke's revelation about herself. Maybe it'd be her enjoying being royalty. Betsy/Medusa OTP time!
    Let your wallet talk.
    Never forget, Cyke fans~ https://twitter.com/i/status/1246248602768486402
    Jean had more presence in death than Cyke in Hickman's entire run.
    Hickman succeeded where 2010s Marvel didn't: make the X-Men villainous and irrelevant.
    Hilariously, the X-Men have now fully embraced mutant supremacy and racism against humans.
    For other Cyke-centered stories by a Cyclops fan: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1008144...ffle-or-Boogie

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by 616MarvelYear is LeapYear View Post
    I'd like Elizabeth and Bolt to know eachother because I find a telepath for a man who must remain mute all the time PERFECT!
    Also, with Elizabeth being fierce and kill if necesarry, to me, I envision Black Bolt's courageous, strong, gentle and selflessness personality to be soothing for Elizabeth and perhaps warm her heart which had to become more cold through the years in order for her to go on
    That's why BB and Chuck were besties in the Illuminati. The mute/telepath thing, not the romance thing. Boltagon is basically the most faithful spouse in the MU.

BANNED

Probably lead to a Marvel Civil War for real life pitting brother against brother... X-fan vs Inhuman fans. Its game on.
    The universe will shudder with fanboy rage.

But, in all honesty, it's slim to none she's Inhuman. You'd have to explain how and where she got exposed to Terrigen.

I have two theories. One involves gender-swapping Kang the Conquerer.

Quote Originally Posted by ImprobableQuestion View Post
    The universe will shudder with fanboy rage.

But, in all honesty, it's slim to none she's Inhuman. You'd have to explain how and where she got exposed to Terrigen.

I have two theories. One involves gender-swapping Kang the Conquerer.
    omg... new civil war event based on Mutants who find out that they are actually inhumans facing off against their old allies who refuse to come to the realization that they are not Mutants or Genetically evolved but actually Inhumans who were exposed to the Terrigen Mists at some point in their life... Sounds like a hit to me.
    Pull List:

but for real... I dont think why it would be such a stretch to think that she could have been exposed to the terrigen mist at some point when she was a child... When you have dudes like Maximus as an Inhuman he could have been exposing people for years and bottled up some terrigen mists and gotten on a subway and dropped it and nobody would have even known. I would put $ dollars on the likelyhood we find out in the next year that a bunch of mutants are actually Inhumans.
    Pull List:

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

I wasn't thinking too much about this until I read your post and then it just really started clicking in my head and it really all clicked when I read that Soule said in a new interview for Uncanny Inhumans that a character from another side of the Marvel universe would be apart of the cast(the newsarama interview.) It definitely sounds like Psy may be a Inhuman or have some sort of obligation to them.