Quote Originally Posted by Mike Steele View Post
It doesn't make sense for Marvel to make any Mutants that they don't have cinematic rights to Inhumans, because they still won't have the rights to them. Calling Wolverine an Inhuman now won't revert his rights back to Marvel. I think Marvel is looking to create a group of Inhumans that they have all multi-media rights to. And I am pretty enthused about many of the new characters, I think with continued focus (and the movie and TV exposure) the Inhumans can turn into a major Marvel franchise over the years.

I do agree that Marvel would love to make the Inhumans so popular that they take a lot of the spotlight from the X-Men, it is a sound business decision for them.
Quote Originally Posted by MikeMC005 View Post
I agree with you that Marvel wouldnt have the rights to them if they were to designate them as "Inhumans" but I personally think that they will to just try to suffocate FOX's hold on the X-men so they sell back the rights.
If that so, why don't they just define the mutates and/or genetic constructs as a separate groups. They would need a name that sounded a bit less "mutant", but it wouldn't be so difficult. In the MU there are hundred of mutates and dozens of artificial species that have been created due to scientific experimentation or accidents, and they are usually so persecuted as mutants, they could get together to protect each other and steal a bite of the X-men's niche.

As a matter of fact, I think many people who like that kind of stories would be grateful to read something like the X-Men but starting fresh without their tons of baggage.