Page 29 of 53 FirstFirst ... 1925262728293031323339 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

I think there is a slight exaggeration when it comes to how beatable Rollins has been. Does he find a short cut, yep because thats what heels do.But other than Brock, no one really dominates him.The actual matches are pretty even and if there is a way to screw his opponent over, he does it.

He isnt the Miz.

Going back to TNA. Its weird. Is GFW just auditioning for Destination America? This is a major rub to be giving the competition.Its reminds me of those old sitcoms that would have a spinoff do their test pilot on their show.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HUTHAIFA View Post
    I think there is a slight exaggeration when it comes to how beatable Rollins has been. Does he find a short cut, yep because thats what heels do.But other than Brock, no one really dominates him.The actual matches are pretty even and if there is a way to screw his opponent over, he does it.

He isnt the Miz.

Going back to TNA. Its weird. Is GFW just auditioning for Destination America? This is a major rub to be giving the competition.Its reminds me of those old sitcoms that would have a spinoff do their test pilot on their show.
    Basically GFW is auditioning for its own network at this stage. I'd laugh if GFW by some miracle gets Destination America to decide ...well it has more production values than ROH , lets go ahead and sign it after December.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Astonishing Member

He isnt the Miz.

TNA is getting kicked off the network and trying anything to save themselves. RoH wouldn't cross promote because the TNA name is death to ticket sales so they went with the only thing they had.

Quote Originally Posted by alex View Post
    TNA is getting kicked off the network and trying anything to save themselves. RoH wouldn't cross promote because the TNA name is death to ticket sales so they went with the only thing they had.
    ROH won't be on the network either after December judging by how DA seemed to cut the lead in of it. Just leaving the after show.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    ROH won't be on the network either after December judging by how DA seemed to cut the lead in of it. Just leaving the after show.
    ROH can survive without DA since they actually have paying fans and a business model which makes them money, not saying they are this thriving success but they sure as hell aren't a money pit. TNA is kept afloat by Bob Carter until he gets bored of subsidizing failure if they lose their tv deal.

Quote Originally Posted by marvell2k View Post
    ROH can survive without DA since they actually have paying fans and a business model which makes them money, not saying they are this thriving success but they sure as hell aren't a money pit. TNA is kept afloat by Bob Carter until he gets bored of subsidizing failure if they lose their tv deal.
    ROH has a network that keeps it going and airing which is true. TNA will likely perhaps move to airing overseas mostly. Matt Hardy brought up that TNA has its overseas deals still in place.

Fantastic Member

ROH has a network that keeps it going and airing which is true. TNA will likely perhaps move to airing overseas mostly. Matt Hardy brought up that TNA has its overseas deals still in place.
    I'm sure they will keep taping even after they lose American tv. Just run marathon tapings like they generally do but this time they have absolutely no big contracts and just folks doing per appearance deals. Just use as little talent as possible and they can manage. I mean I doubt they can ever become profitable without the American tv deal but I'm sure Bob Carter will continue to keep this ship afloat out of love for his daughter and her vanity project.

Quote Originally Posted by alex View Post
    Crazy, top babyfaces in wwe don't have friends.
    what does cena have to do with anything??

He isnt the Miz.

remember when he got pinned by jamie noble??

Ok I haven't watched in awhile but damn if ECIII can't cut a good promo. He also seems to coin a new term for himself ...."GOD MODE".

If TNA is smart they should have Mathews and Pope the moment ECIII kicks outta a finisher..."ECIII is going into...GOD MODE !"

Astonishing Member

Ok I haven't watched in awhile but damn if ECIII can't cut a good promo. He also seems to coin a new term for himself ...."GOD MODE".

If TNA is smart they should have Mathews and Pope the moment ECIII kicks outta a finisher..."ECIII is going into...GOD MODE !"
    Impressive.

Oh and BigLbo, dont you dare say a ill word about the RedNeck Messiah

Impressive.

Oh and BigLbo, dont you dare say a ill word about the RedNeck Messiah
    BJ whitmer?? i always thought that guy was bland as fuk.

impact had it's moments this week and was overall pretty good.

slapnuts right off the bat was a shitty way to start the night, EC3 on the mic made things a little less shitty.

bram vs mr butthole was decent. not happy with the outcome(especially how annoying butthole was at the finish) but i'll be happy if bram moves onto something else. i guess it's a good thing they don't job mr butthole out too much, he's kept strong enough to put others over.

khoya loving to dance was one of the worst things i've seen in a few years, what a waste of james storm & TJ perkins.

gail kim vs the dolls, the action was good and the women did good work but i hate the booking.

EY's psycho act is still pretty entertaining but this feud with sarge seems like a dead end.

matt hardy vs tyrus i didn't get to pay much attention to but seemed Ok for what it was.

EC3 vs PJ black was pretty good but just strange with heel/face role stuff, it seems kind of.....retarded?? it's a promotion vs promotion thing and you make your own champion the heel??

Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post
    BJ whitmer?? i always thought that guy was bland as fuk.

impact had it's moments this week and was overall pretty good.

slapnuts right off the bat was a shitty way to start the night, EC3 on the mic made things a little less shitty.

bram vs mr butthole was decent. not happy with the outcome(especially how annoying butthole was at the finish) but i'll be happy if bram moves onto something else. i guess it's a good thing they don't job mr butthole out too much, he's kept strong enough to put others over.

khoya loving to dance was one of the worst things i've seen in a few years, what a waste of james storm & TJ perkins.

gail kim vs the dolls, the action was good and the women did good work but i hate the booking.

EY's psycho act is still pretty entertaining but this feud with sarge seems like a dead end.

matt hardy vs tyrus i didn't get to pay much attention to but seemed Ok for what it was.

EC3 vs PJ black was pretty good but just strange with heel/face role stuff, it seems kind of.....retarded?? it's a promotion vs promotion thing and you make your own champion the heel??
    ECIII though is a natural heel though. He just works so well as that. Plus....as he said..."I went into...GOD MODE last night !"

BANNED

And those oversees deals aren't worth all that much. Note how much TNA had to budget itself out over the switch from the much larger Spike contract to the DA contract. I doubt they will even be able to afford the production costs.

Quote Originally Posted by lancerman View Post
    And those oversees deals aren't worth all that much. Note how much TNA had to budget itself out over the switch from the much larger Spike contract to the DA contract. I doubt they will even be able to afford the production costs.
    A lot of them are for some money honestly. They went to a cheaper , leaner roster as needed. I think TNA was bracing for this move anyhow due to the roster cuts and all. I think its partly the reason they are running the GFW angle. They were gonna let a lot of talent go so its best to let a company that is close to them have the guys they freed up and run them on TV and beyond for awhile.

TNA has been at deaths door so many times the last 13+ years that once its done I half expect someone to go..."Yes I knew they'd die !"

Also if that is the plan , it reminds me of actually the whole proposed ECW/WCW angle that Paul Heyman pitched when Bischoff and Russo contacted him about having ECW stars invade WCW at Great American Bash 2000. This is what Heyman pitched in 2000.

1.) He would book the angle with Russo writing the TV for the angle.

2.) WCW would sign the ECW talents to contracts. He would be given the Power Plant kids to get ready and use who he wanted on ECW Hardcore TV.

3.) WCW would pay him for doing the angle (a way he could pay off his debts and syndication he owed) .

4.) Tony Shiavone would be moved to Thunder while Joey Styles would be put on Nitro to call it.

WCW was millions in debt at this point and was due to lose $60-$80 million dollars in 2000. They couldn't do this deal , even if it was one of those...holy fuck deals. Heyman would have gotten his guys contracts and paid off his debts basically. Which is what he wanted. Sadly its one of those big WHAT IF stories.