Page 4 of 53 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Can I just saw Josh Matthews was great? He instantly improves the product.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by titanfan View Post
    Can I just saw Josh Matthews was great? He instantly improves the product.
    josh is great and kinda makes taz's crazy commentary show up more.

it was a meh show. didn't care for the brawl at the start. just seemed pointless and tacked on. a few good match but nothing mind blowing.

the mass swerve at the end is par for the course for tna. it was bad but it was predictable so i'm not really mad.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post

it was a meh show. didn't care for the brawl at the start. just seemed pointless and tacked on. a few good match but nothing mind blowing.

the mass swerve at the end is par for the course for tna. it was bad but it was predictable so i'm not really mad.
    My complaint is the unmasking part. They should have kept the masks on both guys til next week. To hook people to see who it was. Or til TNA contacted 2 guys to come in. I can't see why Joe and Low-Ki would go with MVP. But I think Joe made a gesture it was about $$$$. So I guess MVP is the money man in this stable.\

It will be interesting to see where it goes and who steps up to face them in the coming weeks.

Overall TNA had a decent show. They basically showed they have a pretty ok tag team division with the guys they have.

Revolution
    The Wolves
    Hardys
    BroMans
    Samoa Joe/Low-Ki (New stable)

So this fixes a position where the Dudleyz left. It helps TNA in this spot.

X-Division wise they seem to be letting Aires carry that now. If anything TNA should look at bringing in another X-Division guy or two.

Knockouts wise , the division is very damn strong. Its the strongest its been since 2008/2009. You now have this roster of Knockouts.

Angelina Love
    Velvet Sky
    Taryn Terrell
    Gail Kim
    Brooke
    Havok
    Madison Rayne
    Kong

This is likely the best the Knockouts have been in years. Where as the WWE basically has Paige , AJ LEE and Natalya ....TNA has 6 women that can have solid matches on this list.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

good start TNA!

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    I am pretty glad that Del Rio wasn't signed. TNA needs to save the money ...sign guys from ROH and those released from NXT. Keep the roster young . I'd take the money you would give Del Rio and give it to the fucking Briscoe brothers.
    i think they'd be better off with a team that isn't already labeled as an RoH team so they don't have to worry about peoples xpectations of how they should be used. there's plenty of good non-RoH tag teams out there to choose from.

Quote Originally Posted by alex View Post
    Well, i tried to watch, sorry TNA, you made it worse.
    One man?
    They are going to do less than 500k viewers tonight, which means over half a million didn't even try.
    Btw, destination america today running ads saying impact premieres friday of next week, great partner.
    And dixie getting less press than new japan.
    Yeah, i found out it was worse than i said. The 60% of homes they are in isn't actually 60% of homes, it's that 60% of homes can get it.
    And LOL building a channel around impact, impact can't draw 500 people but they are going to get millions to pick up a new channel.
    L O L

predictable can be a good thing but i can't honestly say i saw that coming. i GOT WERKT!! i figured MVP, king, and mystery guys were going to keep lashley from losing clean to roode and turn him face.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    My complaint is the unmasking part. They should have kept the masks on both guys til next week. To hook people to see who it was. Or til TNA contacted 2 guys to come in.
    nah, that would've had the stench of A&E all over it. really they didn't need masks at all. if anything should've been saved for next week it should've been EY's swerve.

I can't see why Joe and Low-Ki would go with MVP. But I think Joe made a gesture it was about $$$$. So I guess MVP is the money man in this stable.\

It will be interesting to see where it goes and who steps up to face them in the coming weeks.
    i wondered how people might see that, it makes sense to people who know that MVP, ki, and joe are all good friends in their personal lives but to those who don't it might seem random. EY is the one who doesn't seem to quite fit, but he has the history with roode. i guess roode can feud with EY a while now while angle/lashley plays out. either way despite the swerve feeling rushed it sets up some interesting scenarios going forward, or has my interest at least.

i thought the show was pretty good myself. started off pretty hot with the brawl, then angle & MVP did some nice stuff but i do feel MVP does too many jobs and that one was quick.

tag title match was short but sweet and did it's job to advance the storyline/feud. no complaints there.

EC3 is still great, LOL when he shaved JB a reverse mohawk.

aries vs low ki was a nice TV match but way too short for a title match between these 2, also aries as x-division champ never ends well for the x-division so i wasn't pleased there. again though i did enjoy the match.

KO battle royal, good way to set up kongs return and the staredown with havok was an absolutely awesome moment so very good on that front, i do think the robbie E/tessmacher stuff should've been saved for next week though. a little too much for one segment.

roode vs lashley 3 was fine for what it was, i had no problems with the swerve aside from EY's part in it. i'm very interested to see if lashley is turning face and feuding with new stable or staying heel and going to feud with angle.

Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post
    i think they'd be better off with a team that isn't already labeled as an RoH team so they don't have to worry about peoples xpectations of how they should be used. there's plenty of good non-RoH tag teams out there to choose from.

predictable can be a good thing but i can't honestly say i saw that coming. i GOT WERKT!! i figured MVP, king, and mystery guys were going to keep lashley from losing clean to roode and turn him face.

nah, that would've had the stench of A&E all over it. really they didn't need masks at all. if anything should've been saved for next week it should've been EY's swerve.

i wondered how people might see that, it makes sense to people who know that MVP, ki, and joe are all good friends in their personal lives but to those who don't it might seem random. EY is the one who doesn't seem to quite fit, but he has the history with roode. i guess roode can feud with EY a while now while angle/lashley plays out. either way despite the swerve feeling rushed it sets up some interesting scenarios going forward, or has my interest at least.

i thought the show was pretty good myself. started off pretty hot with the brawl, then angle & MVP did some nice stuff but i do feel MVP does too many jobs and that one was quick.

tag title match was short but sweet and did it's job to advance the storyline/feud. no complaints there.

EC3 is still great, LOL when he shaved JB a reverse mohawk.

aries vs low ki was a nice TV match but way too short for a title match between these 2, also aries as x-division champ never ends well for the x-division so i wasn't pleased there. again though i did enjoy the match.

KO battle royal, good way to set up kongs return and the staredown with havok was an absolutely awesome moment so very good on that front, i do think the robbie E/tessmacher stuff should've been saved for next week though. a little too much for one segment.

roode vs lashley 3 was fine for what it was, i had no problems with the swerve aside from EY's part in it. i'm very interested to see if lashley is turning face and feuding with new stable or staying heel and going to feud with angle.
    its just........call it a sixth sense. i've been watching TNA for so long that i can almost see the swerves coming. i could see a bit of joe and loki coming but once EY jumped into the ring, i knew he was turning.

but like i said, its just......meh to me. not uber bad like it was in 2014 but nothing really good to keep me watching.

its just........call it a sixth sense. i've been watching TNA for so long that i can almost see the swerves coming. i could see a bit of joe and loki coming but once EY jumped into the ring, i knew he was turning.

but like i said, its just......meh to me. not uber bad like it was in 2014 but nothing really good to keep me watching.
    to each their own, i think kong/havok, hardy's/wolves/revolution tag title picture, the HW title scene are all looking very good. easily good enough to keep me watching, especially considering i how steamy of a turd RAW has been.

to each their own, i think kong/havok, hardy's/wolves/revolution tag title picture, the HW title scene are all looking very good. easily good enough to keep me watching, especially considering i how steamy of a turd RAW has been.
    true. i'll still watch but i wont get me hopes up. the company really kinda burned me too much to really trust them with good ****. if they can keep this up, more power to them.

Yeah, there were parts that were overbooked (masked guys for example and EY probably weren't both needed in one show... save one for next week). But that's TNA. Not terrible or anything, but a tad too much at times.

i think you guys are underselling it. "not terrible or anything" implies it was bad but not terrible. i think it was good or even "not amazing or anything" is more accurate.

i think you guys are underselling it. "not terrible or anything" implies it was bad but not terrible. i think it was good or even "not amazing or anything" is more accurate.
    Good but not amazing is a fair way to describe it.

The wrestling was pretty good. The booking AT TIMES was a bit overly convoluted. For better or for worse, it's your typical TNA show. Or maybe slightly better than average.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post

The wrestling was pretty good. The booking AT TIMES was a bit overly convoluted. For better or for worse, it's your typical TNA show. Or maybe slightly better than average.
    something that's not been mentioned much that i thought was totally awesome(pun intended) was kong, you know the one that would NEVER work for TNA again(like low ki). i'm really pumped for kong vs havok, i just wish they could get alyssa flash or hamada back too.

something that's not been mentioned much that i thought was totally awesome(pun intended) was kong, you know the one that would NEVER work for TNA again(like low ki). i'm really pumped for kong vs havok, i just wish they could get alyssa flash or hamada back too.
    It's cliche to say, but never say never in wrestling. I wouldn't be all that shocked if we didn't see AJ Styles show up a year or two down the road.

But yeah, Kong brings a legit "big match" feel to the Knock Outs division. She's not just a good worker, but a legit attraction. So that's a big plus.

Rather than trying to copy the WWE (like they sort of did at the start of the Hogan-Biscoff TNA era) TNA this time around seems to be strengthening the areas where the WWE typically underdevelops. Essentially they're doing what they did well prior to the Hogan-Biscoff TNA era.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post

ok i can agree to that. and i will admit, i did enjoy that stare down between havok and kong. it's also ironic for me since the last time i saw kong was a interview where she said she'd never work for tna again. but like xpac said, never say never in this business.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

I remember when I said it last year and people were like...nooooo noooo Kong would never step into a TNA ring again. It is pretty cool she is back. Maybe with the WWE deciding to cut Nash's legend contract we will see him back in TNA as well.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.